39.Something Unexpected!!!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mehta Mansion was enveloped in a heavy silence, where the only conversations seemed to be exchanged through glances.

Neela Ma, perched on the settee, shot a piercing stare at her daughter, Avni, for her reckless behavior while riding earlier. Avni, in turn, glared daggers at Niel, who was trying to ease the tension with a sheepish grin. The suffocating silence of the room seemed to weigh heavily on everyone.

DD, struggling to suppress his laughter at the sight of his boss—sitting like a nervous kitten—could no longer hold back and burst into laughter. This immediately drew the ire of Neela Ma, Avni, and Niel, leaving DD as the new recipient of glares from the trio.

Just as DD's silent prayers were answered, Ali arrived like an angel of salvation. Ali's arrival made DD exhale a sigh of relief, which only made Ali laugh even harder.

Ali's entrance diverted everyone's attention as he emerged from the kitchen with a tub of ice cream and chocolate bars. Before the treats could even be placed on the coffee table, Avni had snatched them up, tearing off the tub's lid and diving in with gusto. The speed at which she devoured the ice cream left everyone speechless, but soon the room was filled with laughter, as Avni remained blissfully unaware of her surroundings, focused solely on her dessert.

"So, does this mean that Shehenshah is dead for good?" Neela Ma asked, her mind still preoccupied with the news of Niel's past identity. Unbeknownst to her, this was the wrong question to ask, and it struck a chord with Avni.

"Maa, please don't say that!" Avni's voice trembled slightly but quickly regained composure as she continued to eat, leaving Neela Ma to regret her choice of words.

"Niel, Neela Ma is right. Shehenshah is indeed gone, and it's a good thing. No more crimes, no more bad deeds. Shehenshah was one person, and Niel is another. So Neela Ma's point is valid," Niel clarified, trying to ease Avni's tension. Avni, reassured, smiled at Niel and surprised him with a heartfelt hug.

"Thank you so much, Niel. I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you chose the right path!" Avni said, her eyes gleaming with gratitude. Niel, blushing, responded dreamily, "I did it for you, Avii!"

Niel's heartfelt confession, though meant to be private, was overheard by Neela Ma, DD, and Ali, who couldn't help but laugh at his slip. Avni, confused by their laughter and glances, looked around, feeling left out.

"This isn't fair! Everyone is laughing and glaring at each other, and I want to laugh too!" Avni pouted, clearly irritated by the strange behavior of those around her. Her adorable complaint only set off another round of laughter from everyone.

The day ended on a high note with friendly banter and dinner prepared by Neela Ma, while Niel and Ali teased her about her cooking skills, earning themselves playful smacks.

Upon entering the café, he headed straight to a private cabin where DD was already seated with a woman whose back was facing him. Niel tapped her shoulder and took a seat, his face a mask of strained patience.

"So, what's your next plan, Miss Pareikh?" Niel asked, his tone tense and ready to erupt.

"Niel, I need to speak with you alone," Arohi said, gesturing towards DD. Niel's stern voice stopped DD from leaving. "DD, wait."

"Miss Pareikh, if you have something to say, just say it. DD is like a brother to me, so he stays. Clear?" Niel's firm stance made DD look at him with teary eyes, overwhelmed by the situation.

Arohi, with a serious expression, began, "Niel, I'm not here with any plan. I just need to ask you something, and I want you to answer honestly."

"What do you want to ask?" Niel inquired, confusion creeping into his voice.

"What about Shehenshah being dead? Is it true that you're leaving the mafia world?" Arohi's voice carried a hint of desperation.

"Yes, Shehenshah is dead, and yes, I'm leaving the mafia world. Why do you care?" Niel's response was sharp, his patience wearing thin.

"I care because you're a part of Avi's life," Arohi began, but Niel interrupted.

"Don't you dare mention her name. Just because you're biologically related doesn't mean you're truly her sister. You make her cry and are never there for her. If you try to hurt her, you'll have to go through me. I won't let you harm her!" Niel's anger was palpable.

Arohi tried to respond, but Niel's scowl silenced her. "You are not her sister. You're the kind of sister who makes her own sibling suffer. You are a demon who tries to keep her away from other demons. And if you think of harming her, know that Niel Khanna will protect her. Got it?"

Arohi, sobbing, fell to her knees. "Niel, you're wrong. I'm a sister who fights demons to protect my sister. I do bad things to keep her safe. I'm a sister who picks up a gun to ensure she's protected from harm. I hate that she suffers because of me. I became a demon to shield her from others."

Niel, overwhelmed by Arohi's confession, fell to his knees, tears streaming down his face. "My Avii is in danger!" he exclaimed, running his hands through his hair.

In the canteen, Avni was waiting for her ice cream to relieve her stress after a demanding day. As she dug into her dessert, she noticed her superior, Daniel, standing beside her.

"Hello, Avni. I see you're enjoying your ice cream. Mind if I join you?" Daniel asked with a charming smile. Avni nodded enthusiastically, and Daniel took a seat, ordering a black coffee.

"So, how was your day?" Daniel asked, watching Avni more focused on her ice cream than on him.

"It was the usual, just with extra workload today," Avni replied, barely looking up.

Daniel, amused, watched her. When his coffee arrived, he tried to get her attention again.

"Avni, you seem to love ice cream more than anything else, don't you?" Daniel remarked, noting her deep focus on the dessert.

"Yes, I love ice cream and chocolate. They're my lifeline. If I had them, I'd give up everything else," Avni said dreamily, which caused Daniel to choke on his coffee.

"Are you okay? Here, have some water," Avni said, handing him a glass and patting his back.

Daniel cleared his throat, nodding gratefully. "Thanks, I'm fine."

As Avni finished her last spoon of ice cream, she mentioned, "Our canteen needs more flavors—blackberry, bubble gum, caramel apple, bunny tracks, chocolate truffle, and more."

Daniel and the canteen head looked horrified as Avni rattled off her list of ice cream flavors.

the truth about Arohi is out. What do you think of her actions? I know she did wrong, but she had her reasons, which will be explored further in upcoming chapters. Did you expect this revelation so soon?

Thanks for your continued support. Let me know your thoughts on today's chapter.

Love, Seem 💖

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro