43.Then It's Ice Cream Time!!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Neil's POV

The silence in the living room was as thick as ice.

Two pairs of sheepish smiles met our questioning stares, and I couldn't hold back any longer.

"Would you care to explain what the hell is happening, dear Dan?" I gritted my teeth as I spoke his name, frustration boiling over.

If you need a reminder, today started with me waking up with my face painted black, followed by an emotional breakdown with the Pareikh siblings, and now someone is calling that idiot Bunny 'Dan'!

"Why are you gritting your teeth, Neil? Are your dentures gonna fall out?" The smug little monster chimed in, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

By 'stupid little creature,' I mean A.R.O.H.I. This girl sure knows how to push my buttons.

"Oh, Ms. Arohi, don't worry about my dentures. Just explain who this Dan is!" I spat back, my anger flaring at her remark. Her icy glare did little to deter me.

"I guess he needs an eye check-up. Well, Dan can surely help with that! Right, dear Dan?" She smirked, resting her elbow on that dummy's shoulder.

I clenched my jaw, my lips a thin line as I struggled to keep from cursing her out loud. Stupid freaking idiot!

"Someone's jealous. Oh boy, let's bring some sausages to grill on this angry man's head, what do you say?" This witch kept taunting, her voice dripping with amusement.

I heard snickering from behind. Ali, Sunheri, and Riya were trying their best not to fall to the ground laughing, while Neela Aunty, Bebe, Mom, and Papa looked on in amusement.

A loud shriek turned our attention. I turned around, only to be embraced tightly by my Avi.

I held her close, savoring the moment. It felt like forever since I last held her this close. I needed at least one hug a day; she was like a drug to me, one I never wanted to quit.

"You're... choking me, Neil!" Avi's breathless voice snapped me out of my reverie. I quickly let go, holding her shoulders as she gasped for air.

"I'm sorry, Avi. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay! Wait, I'm so happy for you both!" Avi said, glancing at Arohi happily, then looking at me. Her next words made me and Arohi scream in unison.

"What?!" we both yelled.

"I would rather die than be with this man!"

"Heck, I would become a saint rather than date her!"

"Stoppppppp!!!!" Bebe's voice exploded, bringing us all to a halt.

________

We all sat in tense silence, waiting for Bebe to speak. Her explosion of anger was directed at Arohi and me. It wasn't my fault; I was just pissed off at her stupidity and her pushing that idiot Bunny towards my Avi.

Arohi's silence and the nicknames added fuel to the fire.

"What's with the nicknames, Arohi? As far as I know, you always use a person's surname unless they're related to you personally. And Daniel doesn't seem to be our family," Neela Aunty said sternly, her gaze piercing Arohi, who wore a nervous smile.

"Ouch, that kinda hurts, ma'am," Dummy said, clutching his heart dramatically.

"Awww, Maa, please don't say that. He is our family!" Avi interjected from her seat, earning a smirk from Dummy.

"Oooohh, this really hurts!" he whispered, trying not to agitate the elders further.

"Okay, guys, the thing is... I love Daniel!" Arohi's confession exploded like a bomb, leaving us all stunned.

Daniel looked shocked, his eyes wide and his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

"I-I... I don't know what to say!" Daniel ran a hand down his face and through his hair, the shock still evident.

"Well, I... I-I don't know either... I just said it in the flow... Gosh!" Arohi yelled in frustration, pacing back and forth.

"Will you guys give us a minute to understand this?" Arohi asked exasperatedly, her gaze darting between us and Dummy, who was now red with embarrassment.

"Well, we're in the hall. You should leave," Ali stated, then added, "I guess," under the sisters' glares.

"Fine!" Arohi said, storming off to her room. She turned back at the top of the stairs, her teeth gritted. "Will you come, Dan? Or should I grab you by your collar and drag you up?"

"The second option is good," I said with a smile, earning shut-ups from everyone. I was just suggesting something good!

Watching Bebe, Neela Aunty, and Mom discuss the latest drama and stopping Avi from eating her fourth tub of ice cream, I waited for Dummy to return. He'd been upstairs for over half an hour.

"Avi, it's not good to eat so much ice cream. You'll fall sick. Please listen to me," I pleaded for the nth time, making a puppy face and using babyish words.

"If you're trying to speak like me, it's 'ice cleam,' and I really want to eat this ice cleam... Please!" She gave me the best puppy eyes, melting my heart. But I couldn't let her have more ice cream.

Snatching the tub from her, I placed it on the high rack, out of her reach.

My attention shifted to the stairs where a couple stood, holding hands tightly, making their decision clear.

A loud squeal broke the silence. Avi, who was beside me, dashed towards Arohi and Bunny, engulfing them in a hug.

"I'm so happy for you, Di... and of course for you too, Danny!" Avi said, hugging Arohi sideways.

Everyone congratulated them, though I rolled my eyes. Not my favorite people, but I was happy to see Avi laughing and giggling.

My heart swirled with emotions I kept hidden. Seeing her so close yet feeling so far was tough. I wanted to hold her always, ensuring her safety and happiness. But I also wanted her to reciprocate my feelings.

The important thing was her being in front of me, laughing and smiling. I could make her laugh, and that was enough.

"Okay, so everything is fine and good, right? We should celebrate, right?" Avi shouted, gaining everyone's attention. Ali and Bunny hooted for the upcoming party.

Her next words left us dumbfounded.

"Then it's ice cleam time!"

"Noooo!!!!" we all groaned, including Bebe.

I sighed, preparing to stop the ice cream monster. A small smile crept onto my face at my love's innocence.

Hey guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! May this year be filled with joy, ice creams, and chocolates.

About today's update: Arohi and Daniel together! Reaction, please? 🡲

And about their ship name, what should it be?

Arohi + Daniel = Areil (Not the Disney one) Danaroh, Drohi

If you have better names, please let me know. I'd be more than glad to hear them.

So for now, bye-bye... see you all.

I hope you liked this chapter. It wasn't very lengthy, but I'll make the next one much longer.

Adios, amigos.

Love ♥,
Seem ♥♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro