If you haven't added this song to your playlist,
You must! It's A_M_A_Z_I_N_G!!!
🎧🎤🎶🎧🎤🎶🎧🎤🎶🎧🎤🎶🎧

Anyways, Onwards!!!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 25 - Abhi-bear and Shabi-shek?

"Here. Take it."

Karan and Purab looked up to Pragya holding two cans of coke. They thanked her and took the cokes. They deserved a treat after the big hurdle that they overcame. They can even proudly buy a T-shirt and write on it -

WE HELPED CUT SHABBIR'S HAIR AND SURVIVED.

Yep. Indeed it was a glorious war, with them and Abhi on one side and Shabbir on the other, protecting his hair. Vivek could have helped, but the guy made an excuse and escaped from the place.

Aliyah and Kriti sat opposite to Karan and Purab and were trying their best to control their laughter. Purab had many scratches on his face, while Karan had a black eye. Both of their hair looked like they had let chickens nest there.

Seeing the girls looking at them with amusement, Karan and Purab glared at them. Aliyah and Kriti couldn't hold it anymore and burst out laughing, holding on to each other to keep upright.

"Arre.... Don't laugh girls. Please." Pragya tried to calm them down. However, it lost its effect, as Pragya herself was smiling at their condition.

"Hahaha... I still.... I still can't believe Shabbir alone did this to you two." 😂 Kriti spoke in between her laughter.

"Shut up Kriti." Purab bit out. "You don't know how we managed to keep him still. Only when we tied his hands were we able to keep him in place."

"Shab-bear doesn't even know how to fight. Yet, he alone managed to do a number on you two. How shameful for both of you!"

"Aliyah, then you don't know your brother well. He sure knows how to hit. It's like his inner monster came out at that time. I got a black eye to prove it." Karan spoke, placing the cold can over his swollen eye.

"So? It's done?" asked Mr. Mehra approaching them.

Pragya was about to answer, when the door to Shabbir's room opened and Abhi came out, slamming back the door closed.

"But he's refusing to come out." Abhi huffed out in anger and sat down beside Karan and Purab. He looked at their faces quizically. "What happened to both of you?"

"You didn't have to do much but cut his hair. It's me and Karan who got the brunt of his anger! It's not fair that you got out unscratched." 😣

Abhi chuckled. "Poor Purab. What will happen now? Bulbul might leave you now that your face has so many scratches. Better you borrow Aliyah's make-up. Same goes for you Karan." Abhi was enjoying teasing them.

"We shouldn't have tied Shabbir's hands. Then you would be the same as us." 😒 Karan spoke, glaring at Abhi.

"Why is he refusing to come out beta?"

"Don't worry dad. He's just being over dramatic over his lost hair." Abhi turned to look at Shabbir's door and shouted. "Man up and come out big bro. Be a man!"

"Shut up!" came the voice from inside the room. "I can't believe you could do this to me! Are you even my brother? Even my enemy won't punish me this way!"

"Oh come on bhai! I'm sure girls will find you as handsome as always." Aliyah shouted back, trying to coax him to come out. "It doesn't matter if your hair is long or short."

"Aliyah's right. Besides, you used to look like a churail before. At least now you look human. Most importantly, like me, Abhishek Mehra. You should feel blessed Shabbir."

The door slammed open and Shabbir stormed out. "Blessed? My foot!"

Seeing him, everyone, except Abhi, gasped. Except for some curls on his hair, he looked exactly like Abhi.

"Aliyah. Pinch me please." Kriti spoke, still looking wide eyed at Shabbir.

"Me too." spoke Pragya.

Aliyah just rolled her eyes and smacked both of their heads. "You all already know they are twins. With same haircut, they are bound to look the same. Why is it such a shock now? It's something to be expected."

"Who said I needed a haircut!? We could have handled the situation even without sacrificing my hair. My poor, poor hair. What did it ever do to you?" 😫

Abhi sighed in frustration. "I already explained it many times. We need to confuse our enemies so that they don't know who's who. That way, they will refrain from attacking you, since they wouldn't know if it's you or me."

"Then why didn't you become like me instead?!"

"I could cut your hair to make you like me. How do you expect me to grow my hair within a day to look like you?!"

"There's a thing called wig you know." Shabbir pointed out.

Abhi smirked. "True. But it wouldn't be as fun as seeing you scream over your lost hair." 😏

Shabbir glared at him. "I can't believe you are my blood. You are Evil! Evil! E-V-I-L!"

"Love you to brother."

Shabbir looked like he was about to explode. However, he felt someone come and hold his hand.

"Shabbir, I think you look amazing." Pragya said with a smile.

Shabbir scratched the back of his head. "Really?"

Pragya nodded. "You were handsome before. But now... Now you're downright sexy."

Shabbir blushed, but coughed to hide it. He looked up proudly. "You should feel lucky to be my girlfriend."

Pragya smiled. "Looks are a bonus, but it's the heart that matters for me. And you, Shabbir, have a heart of gold."

Shabbir smiled a genuine smile. "It's yours now."

Pragya blushed. "And mine is yours."

"I must have done something great to get you as my love Pragya." Shabbir spoke looking into her eyes.

In the background, he could hear Aliyah and Kriti making cute cooing noises at them.

"Which you thought you could just sacrifice like it was nothing." Pragya spoke in anger, remembering the earlier incidents.

Shabbir looked guilty. "I'm truly sorry about that Pragya. I didn't realize what I was giving up. I do now."

"Was I just a thing that you decided you could toss around just as you want? Who gave you the right to decide for my happiness!?"

"Its not that Pragya. I just thought that if you were with Abhi, then he would be happy and you would be safe. And since he looks like me, you would eventually be able to fall in love with him."

"Didn't you hear what I just said? Looks isn't my first priority. Did you think I'm that air headed that I would fall for looks, alone?!" 😡

"Well, maybe." 😅

"What!?" Pragya asked, pissed off.

"O he's dead. I bet Pragya will end up slapping him." Purab whispered to Karan.

"Nah. I think Shabbir will be able to handle the situation. Bet of 100/-?" Karan whispered back.

"The bet is on."

"No, it's not that I think you are an air head now. But I did once. It's just that I thought it was my looks and fame that had attracted you an-"

Pragya turned to leave, but Shabbir held her back. "Pragya please let me finish."

"1 minute. That's all you get Shabbir." Pragya spoke while glaring at him.

"I thought that way first. But it was because that's how most of my fangirls are. But I realize now that it was just a stereotype. You love me for who I am and I know that you would continue loving me even if I don't have fame or my looks. I'm sorry it took me so long to understand you, but trust me Pragya, you are one of the best things that happened in my life."

Pragya blushed 'I already know you understood now Shabbir. I just wanted to hear you say it.' She smiled at him. "Fine fine. It's good you realized soon. If you didn't, I was thinking of choosing Abhi just to spite you." Pragya joked. In the background, Purab miserably handed a 100 note to a smirking Karan.

"No way! You're mine." Shabbir spoke, jealousy evident in his words. "Besides, I was always the better looking twin."

"With no brawns or brains." Abhi helpfully pointed out.

"Shut up Abhi!"

"Before you guys make me gag with your lovey-dovey lines, can we get back to business and discuss what we are going to do next?"

"I agree with Karan." Purab turned to Abhi. "We got you both looking the same. What now?"

"You all are forgetting one important detail. Although Abhi and Shabbir both look alike now, your college details haven't been changed." Mr. Mehra pointed out. "Outside, it will work. But what about at college? We can't be sure that there isn't anyone from the college involved in all this. They would already know Shabbir as he's the rockstar and you're a Programmer. What if they decide to gang up on Shabbir inside the college somehow?"

"Can't we just hire security for Shabbir bhai?"

"No Aliyah. If we do that, they might go to the extent of using guns inside the campus. I don't want any student harmed."

Abhi thought for a moment. "Then we exchange. Shabbir will attend my classes, while I attend his."

"Abhi, my knowledge of computer can be compared to the size of an ameoba. And as for you, even a frog would croak better than how you sing. Not to mention that our behaviour, way of talking, posture.... all are different. You really think the college won't find out?"

"We'll be there with you to help." Purab stepped forward. "Any one of us would stay with both of you everytime to make sure you stay in character."

"He's right beta. I can also make some wireless ear pieces for Abhi and you. That way you both will be connected to each other and can instruct each other how to behave." Mr Mehra paused and looked at Aliyah. "I think I'll make three. One for you Aliyah. Only you will be able to stop them from arguing if they end up quarreling with each other." Aliyah nodded.

Kriti clapped her hands together to get their attention. "Alright then. The Fest is over, the college reopens in two days. Abhi and shabbir can spend these two days together and try to become more like each other. Me and Vivek will alter the schedules of you both so that one among the rest of us is always around the both of you. And now I'm extremely hungry, so I'll be leaving with Pragya Di. See y'all! And stick to the plan boys!" saying that, Kriti grabbed Pragya and headed out.

"Did... Did she just talk like she was the boss and we were some little, notorious children?" Abhi asked in disbelief.

Karan sighed. "Don't mind her. You can't tame that girl. Trust me, I tried." He put on his glasses to hide his black eye and looked at the mirror. 'Ah! Handsome as always.'

#Two Days Later#

Vivian and Binita wanted Shabbir to come back home, now that everyone knew the truth. However, Shabbir said he wanted to continue living in the apartment. Aliyah and Abhi didn't want him to stay alone, as it made him and easy target. But Shabbir outright refused saying - "You took away my hair, but I'm not moving an inch from my apartment! Come hell or high water!"

As a result, Aliyah and Abhi decided to stay at his apartment, didn't matter if Shabbir refused to have them there. They cleared out Shabbir's practice room and guest room, and took those two rooms as their own. Shabbir cursed at them, screamed, but they only smiled at him in return. He gave up at last and accepted the fact that things were going to be like that from now on.

That's where the rest were standing now, waiting for the twins to come out. Kriti and Vivek were at college hampering with the schedules. Karan, Purab, Pragya, Aliyah and her parents waited outside the apartment for Abhi and Shabbir.

"Aliyah, take this. This is your wireless earpiece. I've got two more for Abhi and Shabbir. You can hear them as well as talk with them through these. These have a long range and you will have no problems listening or talking to each other." he handed the rest two to Karan and Purab to give them to the twins.

"Cool! We should call these spy pieces. Has a nice ring to it, no?" Purab asked excitedly.

The door opened and the twins strolled out side by side. All gasped.

Before, Shabbir had some curls in his hair which showed some difference. But now.... Now there was nothing to tell who's who.

The twins walked towards the rest in a clam manner and stood there smirking at them. Their clothes were same, glasses were same, hair was same, even their expressions were same.

Only thing different was that one was wearing a watch, while the other wasn't. But who could tell who it was wearing the watch? Was it Abhi or Shabbir?

Aliyah chuckled. "Good try bros. But no matter what, I always know who's who." She turned to the rest. "But I wonder how you all would tell the difference."

Suddenly, one of the twins took off his glasses and started waving his hand mid air.

Looking at him, the other twin sighed. "Idiot. What am I going to do with you?"

"Shut up! Ugh! These mosquitoes. Shoo! Go away." said the other.

Purab chuckled. "People say it right. Habits die hard. It's obvious this is Shabbir." he approached the twin who was waving at the flies. "Here. This is your spypiece. And Shabbir... You went through so many changes to make yourself like Abhi. Try a bit harder and remove these random habits as well. Or else, it might get you caught."

"Yea yea, whatever. Try being in my place. You'll know hard it is." He spoke in irritation, while taking the earpiece form Purab.

Pragya went near him and held his arm. "You look amazing in these clothes." He looked at her wide-eyed. "Why are you giving me that look? I'm not lying. Trust me."

Karan went near the other twin and handed him the spy piece. "This is yours Abhi. Now listen, I checked some of Shabbir's resently signed contracts. But since you're not him, you won't be able to sing. So we need to postpone them somehow. Purab will handle it thou, right Purab?"

"Yep. You don't worry about that Abhi. You just pay attention to what Karan has to say next."

Karan nodded and continued. "Look Abhi. There are some names that you need to know. These are some of Shabbir's sponsors an-" he paused when he heard a chuckle. He looked up to find Abhi chuckling. "Something funny Abhi?"

"Well, the fact that you're telling me about my own sponsors is kind of funny."

Karan looked at him confused. "But Abhi-"

The twin slowly opened his glasses, put them in his pocket and smirked. "Who said I'm Abhi?"

Everyone looked at him shocked, except Aliyah. Pragya looked towards the twin whom she thought was Shabbir and whose hand she was holding. She found him smirking at her. "It's good that you didn't do anything more than holding my hand Pragya. Otherwise, it would have been awkward and embarrassing for both you and me."

Prgaha looked on in horror and abruptly let go.

The silence was broken by Aliyah's laughter. "That was too funny bros. Hahaha... Just look at all of their faces. Epic prank."

The real Shabbir turned to Abhi. "Told you we could fool them."

Abhi nodded and "Too bad we couldn't fool Aliyah."

"In your dreams Abhi-bear and Shabi-shek." she joked and came to stand in between them. The three Mehra siblings casually walked out of the gate, merrily talking with each other, leaving behind the rest who were still frozen in shock. Pragya was the worst.

"I can't believe I just thought of Abhi as Shabbir. What if I had kissed him? Aaa!" 😱

"These three! They're ganging up on us now? When did they decide to team up and prank us? How are we supposed to tell the difference now?"

"Relax Purab. I'm sure they won't pull that stunt in college where lives could be in danger." Karan reasoned. "Besides, we now know that Abhi is the one wearing the watch. So it's alright."

"I can't believe we couldn't tell the difference between our own kids." Binita softly said to her husband. "Have we distanced ourselves so much from them?"

"I guess it's time we mended our relations with our children and became a true family again." Vivian told her with a smile and she nodded.

"We better go and make sure nothing goes wrong in college with those two. Come on."

Pragya and Purab followed Karan outside. "I already embarrassed myself by mistaking them. It can't get worse than that!"

Purab turned to her with wide eyes. "Pragya, you shouldn't have said that. You've jinxed it. Now, I fear it will get worse in college."

To be continued...

If you like this chapter, please consider giving your vote. Thanks!

~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro