28. Love or Family?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi! Good morning!!!

I heard Mrunal is coming back on Kundali Bhagya as Bulbul's twin. [Yay! 🙌 ]
Too bad the news was false. 😢

Also, I heard she will be the lead in Kundali Bhagya. [Oh no! I want Pragya to be the lead. ] True?

Anyways, Onwards!!!

And oh! Whoever is wondering -

Kriti, Aliyah, Vivek and Bulbul are from the same class.

Karan, Abhi, Pragya and Purab are together in another.
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Spy piece/Telephone conversation

Chapter 28 - Love or Family?

#Next day, Mount College#

"Yea yea. I know. You play your part, I'll do mine. Besides, Karan is right beside me to keep me in check!" Shabbir spoke into his ear piece while patting Karan on the back. From the corner of his eye, he saw Pragya arrive with Bulbul. She and Bulbul were about to turn the corner, when she turned to look at him. He smiled and waved at her. However, Pragya simply looked away and moved ahead. 'Eh? What the heck? Did she just ignore me?'

He ran after her. "Pragya? Pragya!" Pragya looked back at him. Her eyes seemed to say sorry, but she didn't stop. Shabbir quickened his pace. 'That does it! I'm finding out the truth one way or another.'

(What's wrong with Pragya bhai?) spoke Aliyah. Shabbir almost forgot that Aliyah and Abhi were listening.

(Did something happen Shabbir?)

"That's what I need to find out." He saw Bulbul enter her class, while Pragya moved towards the stairs. However, before she could get on the steps, he pulled her back by the wrist and made her face him. "Alright. Why in the world are you ignoring me? What did I do that even I'm not aware of?"

"Shabbir, leave me. I can't talk to you right now." She spoke, looking down.

"Okay, how about in recess? Would you tell me then?"

"I'm afraid I can't Shabbir. I...I can't meet you anymore."

Shabbir's eyes widened in shock. "What do you mean we can't meet anymore? Are you joking Pragya? You've got to be joking. You're playing some joke on me, aren't you? Abhi probably put you upto it!"

"No Shabbir. Its not a joke. I really can't be around you anymore." Pragya tried to move away, but he held her back again.

"Pragya, what the heck?! You can't just stop talking to me. What's the reason? Did I do something wrong? If I did, I'm sorry, alright? I'll do everything I can to correct my mistake. But please don't say such things."

Only then did Pragya look up at him and he could see her miserable state.

Her eyes looked red and puffy from crying. Even now, they looked moist. "Shabbir, please don't make me feel more guilty by saying such things. Just let go of my hand."

"No! Not until you tell me what happened. Why are you crying? Did someone do this to you? Is someone blackmailing you to stay away from me?"

Pragya wanted to make an excuse, but looking at his eyes she knew he wouldn't let go until he knows the truth. "No one is blackmailing me Shabbir. Its just...its just that my cousins do not want me and Bulbul to be near any of you Mehras."

Shabbir released her hand in shock. Aliyah and Abhi, who heard everything over the spy piece, were also in similar state.

"W-what? Why? They didn't seem to hate us earlier. What happened all of a sudden?"

"I don't have any idea Shabbir. But they seemed extremely serious. Even Sumit seemed dead serious about it and strictly told us to stay away." She rubbed her moist eyes in order to keep her tears from flowing. "I tried Shabbir. Me and Bulbul tried our best to convince them that there is nothing wrong with your family. We tried to convince them that you, Abhi and Aliyah are good people. But they just wouldn't have it! They even banned Bulbul from meeting Purab since he is your best friend."

"But why? We didn't do anything to offend them!"

"I don't know Shabbir. All I know is that me and Bulbul made a promise to not associate with you and your siblings. I'm sorry."

She turned to leave. However, she stopped on Shabbir's next words.

"And what about the both of us? What about our relationship? Are you willing to let go of it that easily?"

(Ahem...Okay. I guess we should give these two some privacy. Aliyah switch off. I'm doing the same as well. Talk to you later bro.) spoke Abhi over the device.

(I agree with Abhi bhai. Hope you convince her Shab-bear. Bye)

Shabbir heard the beeps as they cut the line. However, he was more concerned about Pragya's reply. "Answer me Pragya. Are you willing to let go of our love that easily?"

"Don't say that Shabbir. I won't ever stop loving you. But my family means a lot to me. I can't hurt them!"

"And what about me? You're willing to leave me? Hurt me? Doesn't my feelings mean anything to you?"

Pragya came and held his hands. "I love you more than my life Shabbir. I would do anything for your happiness."

"Then forget your promise to Samay and Sumit."

"Shabbir, please try to understand! I would give up my life for you if you ask for it. But I can't give up my promise to them. Samay and Sumit mean a lot to me. I'm sorry Shabbir. So sorry." Pragya slowly backed away. She took a deep breath and gathered the courage to say what she was about to say next. "I-I think we....I think we should break up." saying that, Pragya rushed up the stairs with tears flowing, without waiting for Shabbir's reply.

Shabbir remained frozen where he was, watching as she went away.

He still couldn't believe that she had just said that. He felt angry, sad, heart-broken, betrayed, but most of all... he felt determination fill his heart. He was determined not to give her up. 'No way am I letting our relationship end in this way. I believe in our love and I know I can make you realize that its more important than your promise to your cousins. I have faith in our love.'

"You could have met her later. No need to rush like that." Karan spoke as he came near.

"It hurts so much when someone you care for walks away, especially if its the one you believe is your true love. But what hurts the most is when you have no idea why they left." Shabbir spoke out unconsiously.

Karan gave him an odd look. 'First a singer, and now he's turning into a poet?'

"Are you okay Shabbir? What happened?" Karan asked in confusion.

"Nothing Karan. Let's go to class."

#Vice Principal's office#

Abhi and Purab and were brought to the office by the Vice-Principal. The Principal, Vivian Mehra, sat at the chair. "Here are the two students you wanted to talk to Sir." spoke the Vice.

"Thank you. I need to have a word with these two trouble makers. Could you please lend me your office for some time?"

"Of course Sir."

Once the Vice left, Vivian turned to the two. "Alright, speak up Abhi. Why did you text me to call you two here, in the middle of your class?"

"Because all the records of the teachers appointed are kept here. I need to find everything about Prasanth." spoke Abhi. "Let's start searching all the shelves." Purab nodded and they started their work.

"Prasanth? He's a good man. Are you sure you're doing the right thing by doubting him?" Vivian asked, observing their work.

"We can't take any chances Sir. Both Bulbul and Pragya's lives are in danger. Your men may not be able to guard them always."

"They might not need it actually. They have got their cousins for it."

"What?" Both Purab and Abhi asked in unison.

"Yesterday, my men were attacked. My men didn't know who the attackers were, but said that two of the attackers stay in the same house as the Aroras. My guess is that they were probably Bulbul and Pragya's cousins whom you talk about. My men also said that they seemed well-trained in combat."

Abhi remembered Sumit meeting up with Prasanth. 'So my guess is right. There is something that Sumit and Samay are hiding from us, and it may be something to do with Prasanth. But what?'

Vivian got up. "Alright. I'll keep the Vice away for some time. Hope you find what you're looking for. Ciao."

Purab watched him go with amusement. "Ciao? Seriously? Who says that now-a-days?"

"Forget that. Let's do our business. I've also got to meet Pragya and solve other matters later." Abhi stated.

"Matters like?"

"Samay and Sumit have made Pragya and Bulbul promise to stay away from us Mehras."

"Eh? Why so? Poor Shabbir. The guy must be pissed off right now." Purab snickered imagining Shabbir's angry face.

"You should be too, since they asked Bulbul to remain away from you as well."

At once Purab's smile disappeared. "What?! How is that relevant? I didn't even do anything!"

"One thing at a time. Let's search for now. We'll discuss other matters later."

After sometime...

"Nothing! There isn't anything useful about Prasanth here, other than the fact that he holds a degree in Mathematics. How did this guy manage to get a job here?"

"More importantly Purab, how are we supposed to know if we are right about him or not?"

Purab thought about it. Suddenly, an idea struck him. "Maybe we are looking at the facts from a wrong angle. Maybe we should change our view."

Seeing Abhi's confused face, he explained. "Look. We have doubts on Prasanth and believe that he wants to harm Pragya. Then why don't we try to look into every incident where Pragya got into trouble, instead of looking into Prasanth's past? I sure we can find something useful."

Abhi nodded in understanding. He thought back to the various incidents, like in the library, the pool, how Akash had told him about Pragya being in danger. Abhi gasped. "That's it! We need to find details on a teacher named Akash."

"Is it Akash Pratap? I had found one file of that name over there." Purab pointed out.

Abhi moved past Purab to check the top shelf where Purab was pointing. He found Akash's phone number on it and dialed.

(Hello? Akash Pratap here.)

"Akash, it's me Abhi. Don't hang up, alright? Listen to me once!"

(Abhi?! I told you not to contact me! Don't you realize what troubles my family could face because of it!?)

"Don't worry. No one knows I'm calling you. You just need to tell me the name of the person who wanted to harm Pragya."

(I... I'm too afraid to reveal it Abhi. What if they find out somehow!? I can't risk my family's lives.)

"Okay okay. Just tell me. Is Prasanth involved in this?"

There was silence on the other end and finally, the line went dead. However, Abhi got his answers. "Purab, get ready to make some smoke bombs. Let's lay the traps. We got a fish to catch."

#With Bulbul#

As the bell rang, she got up to leave the class as fast as she could. She had seen Aliyah stare at her throughout the class. 'No doubt she found out about our promise to Samay and Sumit. What am I going to answer her when I, myself, have no idea why they did that.'

She tried to move out the door, only for it to be blocked by Vivek. She moved back and hit someone. She saw Kriti and Aliyah standing there. "Bulbul, the truth please. Why is Samay and Sumit doing this?"

Bulbul sighed. "I don't know Aliyah. Trust me. Yesterday, they called Di and told her to get home urgently. Then, they gathered both of us in the living room and straightaway told us to stay away from you Mehras and Purab. "

"That is ridiculous. Why would they do that without a reason Bulbul? Besides, I thought Sumit loved Aliyah, didn't he? Why the hate all of a sudden?"

"That's what I want to know as well Kriti. But they won't say anything!"

"I want to talk to Pragya. Let's go. She has to answer my questions. She must!" Aliyah moved forward with confidence, while the others looked on with worry or shock.

#With Pragya#

Pragya moved through the crowd of students in the corridors, deep in thought. Suddenly, she felt someone grab her wrist and pull her away.

"Shabbir...Shabbir let go off my hand! Shabbir, are you even listening to me!?" However, Shabbir paid her no mind and continued pulling her until they were at the courtyard, away from the crowd.

"Pragya, you can't do this to me."

"Shabbir please. I beg of you. Try to understand! I don't want to do this to you either. Do you know how much it hurts me knowing that I'm hurting your feelings? I only want your happiness and yet...yet I'm the one who's responsible for hurting you the most! I'm so sorry for that."

"Then come back to me. Forget your promise to your cousins. Forget it and accept our love. We'll find a way to convince them. Together!"

"Don't you think I tried? I tried everything! I tried to reason with them, argued with them, shouted at them. I even begged them to listen to me! But they are adament on their decision Shabbir."

"Then we'll try together this time. We will convince them. I will convince them of my love for you. Give me a chance!"

"You really think they will listen to you? You really think when I, their own cousin failed, you will succeed in making them understand?" Pragya asked in disbelief. She was getting tired of explaining the same thing over and over again.

"Yes. I believe I can. Because I believe in my love for you! A pity you don't have the same faith in it." Shabbir spoke in anger. 'Why can't she understand my point!?'

"It's not about faith! It's about both your life, as well as theirs! They own their own business with loads of advanced techs and who knows what else they are capable of. I don't want them to hurt you." She looked at him pointedly. "I've also seen how much your family cares for you. They will no doubt harm Samay and Sumit if something happens to you. That's why... That's why the only way for everyone to remain safe is for us to be separate. Try to put that in your thick skull!" saying that, she moved away.

Shabbir let out a humorless laugh. "So that's it? That's your 'undying love' for me? Or was it just fake all along?"

Pragya turned to look at him with shock and hurt. "How dare you say that? How dare you doubt me?!"

"What else do you expect me to do? All of a sudden you decide to leave me, never talk to me again without a valid reason, no explanation, no nothing!? Leaving me hanging like I meant shit to you!? You make it look so easy Pragya." Shabbir spoke scathingly.

Pragya came towards him looking extremely pissed and deeply hurt. "I thought you have improved from being an arrogant jerk! I felt worse thinking that I was leaving you, but now I feel more worse knowing that I've done everything...everything! to prove my love to you, and yet you doubt me you jerk?!"

They were both deeply hurt and in pain. Yet, the only way they knew how to express their pain was through anger. Too bad they didn't realize that they were only making things worse.

"Haven't I done the same Pragya? Yet, you chose your family over me."

"You would have done the same if it was your family!"

"It's true that I value my family above everything. But that doesn't mean that I would give you up without a reason. I would try until my last breath to convince them and make them understand. If they have a reason, I would think over it. But otherwise, I would always choose you. I would choose you over and over, without a pause , without a doubt, in a heartbeat, I'll always choose you. Unlike you!" he spoke in anger.

"Samay and Sumit has always thought of our well-being. There has to be a valid reason for what they are doing!"

"They aren't even fully your blood. They are only your cousins which could be replaced! Yet, you are giving them priority over me?" both of their anger was overruling their rationality.

"Shut it! Family isn't whose blood you carry. It's about whom you love and care for and they love you back! Don't ever dare to call my cousins replacable. They mean the world to me!"

"And I don't mean anything?" Shabbir snarled back in anger. However, one could see the hurt behind those words.

"Of course you do. You mean the world to me. And if I had meant the same to you, you would try to understand my perspective. I'm not doing this for myself. The situation is s-"

"Situation, eh? So that's it. Now that you've seen how much knee deep danger I'm in, you want to leave me. Should have known that you would do that. That's how you girls are. Selfish and uncaring." Shabbir bit out, too lost in his anger. He should have known that he was crossing the limits.

Pragya turned livid at his accusations. "I'm not a coward Shabbir Mehra! I'm not leaving to save myself. Even now I would readily lay down my life for you or Aliyah or anyone of my friends! It's you who doesn't value people. It's you who is a jerk!"

She moved closer until she was only an inch away from Shabbir. "You should feel lucky that you've got me and your friends. You may have your singing skills, but other than that, you are nothing! You don't know how to behave or value people. In fact, you should feel lucky that I choose to date an arrogant jerk like you. Without all of our help, you are nothing! Now I can see why Aliyah used to call you a Black Sheep!"

Shabbir froze hearing those words from Pragya's mouth. Even Pragya gasped.

Pragya's eyes widened on what she had just said. In her anger, she had blurted out that insult, which she knew Shabbir hated to the core. 'What have I done? I... I didn't mean to. I'm sorry, Shabbir.'

All emotions disappeared from Shabbir's face and he stepped back.

"Shabbir... " Pragya looked down in shame. What could she say to make him feel better, when she herself didn't think she could face herself

"Alright. I won't trouble you anymore Pragya."

"Shabbir li-" Pragya touched his hand, but he jerked his hand back.

Shabbir turned away from her, hiding his tears. "You're right. I think we should break up."

Pragya felt like someone had just slapped her. 'Shabbir... How could I have said such things?'What have I done?'

To be continued...

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving your vote. Thanks!

~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro