5. B-E-A-U-Tiful

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi! Thanks for all the votes, views and comments guys! Thank you all!!!

Anyways, Onwards!!!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 5 - B-E-A-U-Tiful

"🎶 Ye mausam ki baarish
Ye baarish ka paani
Ye paani ki boonde
Tujhe hi to dhunde...

Ye mausam ki baarish

Ye baarish ka paani
Ye paani ki boonde
Tujhe hi to dhunde ...🎶 "

Pragya stopped singing and turned to Shabbir with an exhausted face "What about now?!"

"I haven't heard the original version of that song. So I won't be able to judge you on that song. Sing another" said Shabbir to Pragya.

Pragya was extremely pissed off. The only thing keeping her from lashing out at Shabbir was the fact that Bulbul's selection might get cancelled. She had sung about 10 songs till now, but each had been rejected by him. Shabbir found something or the other lacking in it and made her sing again.

Purab pulled Shabbir to the side "Shabbir, do you realize how unprofessional you are being? We both know that you are doing this because you hate her. Why are you letting your personal opinions cloud your judgement in this audition."

"Its not a big deal Purab. We'll get another singer like her. And as for being unprofessional, I don't care as long as I get to teach her a lesson for messing with Shabbir Mehra."

"But Shabbir, we will lose a great singer!"

"Like I said, we will get other singers like her. Chill bro" Shabbir gave him an one arm hug.

"I don't know about you two, but we haven't got all day. We need to select more participants." stated Tanu, coming near them.

"Let me have some fun Tanu." Shabbir smirked. 😏

Tanu rolled her eyes and went back to her seat followed by Shabbir. Purab shook his head and went back to his seat. He was helpless to do anything.

Shabbir was about to sit, but then, he approached Pragya. He spoke quietly, so that only she could hear "If you want to be selected, then you must apologize to me first. I'm making it easy for you. You can just whisper it to me. You need not shout it out to others." he smirked and went back to his seat, while Pragya looked on in shock.

#With Vivek and Kriti#

Vivek was taking notes of what the teacher was saying about the chapter. He sneaked a glance at Kriti and noticed her staring with utmost concentration at the teacher. It looked as if she was trying to remember each and every word that the teacher was speaking.

Vivek leaned back and whispered to Kriti's friend. "She seems really attentive. Looks like she is really into this subject, doesn't she?"

However, Kriti's friend laughed, making the teacher turn her direction.

"Ria!" The teacher glared at her.

"Sorry ma'am!"

Vivvek looked at her confused. When the teacher turned back to her book, Ria whispered to Vivek. "You really think Kriti is concentrating on what the teacher is saying? 😂 "

"Well, yea. Look at her. I bet she hasn't even blinked since I last saw her looking towards the teacher." ☺️

Kriti's friend, Ria, stifled her laugh "Vivek, look closely. Look carefully what exactly she is looking at. Then tell me if you really think she is 'Attentive' or not"

Vivek looked again 'I still see her looking at the teacher. 🤔 I don't get why Ria doubts m-' Suddenly he noticed something and looked closer 'O! 😑 So that's why Ria was laughing...'

Vivek finally saw that Kriti wasn't looking intently at the teacher. Rather, she was looking at the teacher's watch, waiting for the bell to ring. 'Kriti being 'attentive'? My foot! Ugh, so annoying!' 😤

Kriti watched the seconds tick by on the watch. While the teacher was teaching biology, she was doing her own Math in her head.

'10, 9, come on, come on...5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Yes! Finally!'

*bell ringing*

Kriti cheered in her mind as the bell went off. She grabbed her bag and was about to rush off, when a hand caught her wrist.

"Wait! You need to show me around, remember?"

"Ugh! Fine. Give me your routine." Vivek handed her his routine "It seems you have Statistics next." Kriti looked at his routine carefully and her eyes widened.

She turned to him in anger "How come you've taken all the same subjects as mine!? Are you stalking me you creep!"

"What!? No. No no. I just moved to this town and I only know your name. Why would I be stalking you?"

"Well, you do have a point." spoke Kriti, still looking at him with suspicion.

Vivek looked at her with uncertainty 'The way she is glaring at me, its like she was a naagin in her last life.' he gulped in fear.

"Kriti, his subjects match with you. It's just a coincidence. Quit being paranoid" spoke Ria.

"Hmm...I guess you're right. Anyway, see ya!" Kriti moved past them, only to be stopped at the door by Vivek again.

"Since we will be in the same class, lets just go together."

"No, you can't go with me"

"Eh? Why not? Come on. I'm new in this college. Won't you be my friend?" asked Vivek innocently.

Kriti looked at his face 'Aww..he's cute. But....but I still can't accompany him.'

"Look its not like I don't want to take you to class. I would if I could. But the fact is that I'm bunking the rest of the classes. I want to go to my friends who are auditioning for the College Fest "

"Oh. I see"

"Um...yea. So, I guess I'll leave. Bye" she said awkwardly.

"Then I'll bunk too. I'll go with you"

"Eh? You want to bunk class on your first day here?"

Vivek shrugged "I need a little adventure in my life. What's life without some spice in it?" He smirked.

Kriti gave him a wide smile "Arre waah..Now you're talking." She punched his arm "Onwards to the auditorium, buddy! Lets go!" She moved forward.

Vivek smiled 'This way I'll also get to spend time with you' he rubbed his arm where she hit him 'I hope she doesn't have the habit of hitting every time we chat. She hits quite hard!' thinking this, he followed her to the auditorium.

#With Pragya#

"I can't judge you on this song as the genre of this song is not included in the College Fest" commented Shabbir on Pragya's next song.

Pragya couldn't hold her anger anymore "That's just outright ridiculous! You're doing this on purpose!"

"Hey, watch it. If you misbehave with the judges, we might never take you in"

"You won't include my name on the list anyhow!"

Shabbir smirked "But darling, I'm the judge. You have to listen to me"

Pragya looked at him with rage 'I thought I hated this guy. But now I realize, I don't just hate him. I utterly, passionately despise him!' Pragya took a deep breath to calm herself and grabbed the mike again. 'Alright! Enough is enough. I've got more important things to do than fight with this pompous jerk. I'll sing just one more song, not for him or for anyone, but for myself. This is my favourite song and I've always wanted to sing it in front of an audience. This is the perfect opportunity.'

Pragya smiled and began singing.

"🎶 I wanna be blown away, wanna be swept off my feet...
I wanna meet the one who makes it hard for me to breathe...

I wanna be lost in love, I wanna be your dream come true
Wanna be scared of how strong I feel for you... 🎶 "

#With Abhi#

Abhi turned the corner and reached the auditorium. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and checked it. It was a text from his mother asking him why he was being late.

'Damn! Better text her that I'll be there soon.' Abhi wrote the text and hit send. However, he wasn't looking where he was going and collided into someone at the entrance of the auditorium.

"Ooffh!" the person fell back. Abhi looked up to see it was Kriti. She would have fallen on the ground if it wasn't for a boy holding her. 'I haven't seen him before.'

"Sorry Kriti. And you must be the new transfer student, right?"

The boy nodded "I'm Vivek. How did you know I was the transfer student?"

"Karan keeps information about all the students. He's the General Secretary."

Vivek nodded in understanding.

Abhi looked at Kriti "But what are you doing here Kriti? I thought you entered your name for the science inter-college competition."

"Bulbul and Pragya Di are auditioning for the Fest. So, I came to cheer for them" she replied.

"But you had cl-" he paused as he heard a melodious voice from inside the auditorium.

"🎶 Just call me beautiful, call me beautiful
Call me beautiful, call me b-e-a-utiful
Beautiful, call me beautiful
Call me beautiful, call me b-e-a-utiful... 🎶 "

"Oh my! That sounds like..." Kriti gasped as she realized it was Pragya's voice. "Amazing Di! Lets go buddy!" Kriti grabbed Vivek and dragged him inside.

Abhi put his phone in his pocket and went inside. He could only hear the voice, but couldn't see the face of the person because of the crowd. 'Who is singing so beautifully? Its...its so melodious, so enchanting'

He walked forward. The crowd parted for him to pass as he was the son of Mr. Mehra. However, Abhi paid them no attention. It was as if he was in a trance.

"🎶 Everywhere I look, people holding hands
When am I gonna get my chance at love?
My chance at love...

Cause she's with him, I'm still hurting
Try to pretend, but it's not working
I just wanna be where they are... 🎶 "

Abhi moved closer to the stage, but he still could not clearly see her face due to the glare of the lights. He could however make out her long silky hair and slim figure. 'Her voice is like that of a siren. It is as if it has the power to lure anyone towards her. What magic is this? Why can't I resist it? Why do I feel so peaceful when I'm listening to it?'

Abhi finally reached the stage and saw her clearly. He realized that it was the same girl that had troubled him in the library. He smiled looking at her 'Never thought you could sing so well. Ever since our family separated because of Shabbir's passion for music, I never liked it. But listening to you, I want to listen more. Please don't stop singing.' he thought with a smile.

He was broken out of his trance when someone forcefully turned him.

"Bhai, What's wrong with you? I called you five times, but you didn't pay me any attention!" Aliyah told him accusingly.

"I...I...f-forget that. Maa is getting irritated. Give me the keys, quick. I'm getting late" he tried to change the subject.

Aliyah rolled her eyes and handed him the keys. However, he remained unmoving, too mesmerized by Pragya's voice.

"🎶 My heart is waiting for your love
My hand is waiting for your touch
My lips just wanna be kissed by you

Just call me beautiful, call me beautiful
Call me beautiful, call me b-e-a-utiful
Beautiful, call me beautiful
Call me beautiful, call me b-e-a-utiful!🎶 "

(Song : B-e-a-u-tiful by Megan Nicole)

'You really are b-e-a-u-tiful' thought Abhi, smiling at her dreamily.

Pragya ended the song and opened her eyes. She smiled softly as she finally got the chance to perform her favourite song among an audience. 'It feels so great! Even if Shakib....no Shakir...ugh, whatever! Even if that jerk doesn't select me, I dont give a damn!'

There was silence for a minute. Slowly, some people clapped, then more. And soon, the entire auditorium applauded for her.

"Gotta admit, that was quite impressive. And nothing impresses me easily." Tanu spoke.

Purab rolled his eyes at her arrogance, but he fully agreed with her "You're right. She was amazing! There is no way you can reject her now Shabbir. She sung it perfectly, maybe even better than the original singer" praised Purab.

He looked at Shabbir's face. However, he could find no emotion on his face. It seemed Shabbir was in deep thought.

Shabbir stared at Pragya. He would never admit it, but he felt her entire heart and soul in that song. She was singing from the core of her heart. When he was listening to her voice, it was as if he was listening to an siren's song. He was so lost in the song that for a moment, he forgot that Pragya was his enemy. He has seen many singers come and go, but never has anyone been able to have such an influence on him.

"I didn't know your Di could sing so beautifully. Its was extraordinary!" spoke Kriti.

"After all, she is my sister!" Bulbul said with pride. 😏

"Alright Aliyah, see ya!" Abhi bid her bye and walked towards the exit.

He kept looking at Pragya while walking 'Wish she would sing more.*sigh* Well, I guess all good things come to an end at some point of time' thought Abhi, as he moved out of the auditorium. However, before leaving, he looked back at Pragya. Coincidently. Pragya's eyes also feel on the entrance at the same time. Abhi smiled at her.

'Oh no! He's leaving. I still haven't apologized! Don't go. Wait!' However, she saw him leave. Pragya sighed in disappointment. However, the applause in the room made her smile again. She saw Bulbul and Kriti among the students and they were practically jumping with joy. She turned to the judges and approach them.

Shabbir broke out of his thoughts 'Think Shabbir think. You need to reject her somehow. There is no way you can let her participate until and unless she apologizes.'

He was about to speak when Pragya slammed the mike on the table "You can keep your list, you can have your seats! But don't think for a second that you can control me. Who are you to reject me!?" Pragya looked him in the eye "You think you will reject me? I myself refuse to join this corrupt auditions. Goodbye to you and your competition!" with that, Pragya got down from the stage and walked calmly to Bulbul and Kriti. Purab and Tanu looked on with wide eyes, while Shabbir was shocked speechless.

"Di! That was awesome! You sang so beautifully!"

"And more awesome was how you answered to Shabbir. Hahaha... His face was priceless!" laughed Kriti.

They heard the bell ring, but Pragya noted that it rang for a longer time. Pragya noticed the students moving out and looked at Bulbul in question.

"Di, this bell means that the Principal has an annoucement to make. We need to move to the hall." Pragya nodded in understanding.

Pragya noticed someone standing near them. He smiled and extended his hand "Hi! I'm Vivek, Kriti's classmate."

Pragya shook his hand "I'm Pragya" Pragya felt Vivek's hand go still on hearing her name and saw his eyes widen."Is... Is something wrong?"

Vivek smiled at her "N-no no. Its just that you...you sang so well, I thought your name would be something related to singing."

Pragya found that comment odd, but she just gave him a smile. By now, the auditorium was almost empty. Only a few students remained."Lets go! Otherwise, we might have to face the wrath of the Principal."

"Pragya... Pragya listen please." they turned to see Purab approach them. "Pragya, I'm really sorry for what Shabbir did. But I would really like you to participate."

"I said no Purab. And that's final!"

"Pragya please. Its n-"

"Purab, Di said no. So don't try to force her." spoke Bulbul. Purab looked at her shocked.

He liked Bulbul, but he has never got the opportunity to talk to her individually. They smile at each other, and he indirectly passes comments on her looks, but they hadn't talked directly. 'Its the first time she talked to me directly, but I never imagined it would be this way. Neither did I want it to be this way. I didn't want her first words to me to be filled with hate. All because of Shabbir! 😤 '

"Um....not to interrupt, but we're getting late" pointed out Kriti.

"Lets go." Bulbul moved forward, followed by Pragya, Kriti and Vivek.

Purab looked at Bulbul go with sad eyes.

They did not notice Aliyah smirking from her seat. She saw the entire exchange between Purab and Bulbul 'Pragya is Bulbul's sister and Pragya seems to hate Shabbir. If I strike a friendship with Pragya and convince her that Purab and Shabbir are the worst guys in college, she would no doubt keep Bulbul away from Purab. And Bulbul seems completely devoted to her sister. She would listen to everything Pragya says. This is the perfect way to keep Purab and Bulbul apart.'

As everyone moved out, no one noticed two figures sitting at the last row of chairs in the auditorium.

"Tell that Math teacher to give us the names all of those people with Pragya. Then take out their details" whispered one.

"Don't worry. I'll have every detail on them by tomorrow"

#After the Annoucement#

The Prinipal had gathered all the students to tell them that a group of international officals will be visiting the college and will be present for the College Fest. If the performers are able to impress them, then they will donate 20 lakhs for the college development. So, he told them to give their best in the Fest and only select the best of the performers.

After it, Pragya and the gang departed for home, so did the rest of the students.

Shabbir was about to get on his bike, when Purab approached him. "Shabbir, we have a problem."

Shabbir looked at him quizically.

"Your father, I mean the Principal, aims to get that 20 lakhs, and so he wants the best performers"

"So? Where's the problem?"

"Shabbir, you planned to perform a duet, didn't you?"

"Yea. But I haven't got the right singer to be my partner yet"

"About that.... Your father wants the performer to be the best. So he has selected Aliyah"

Shabbir was shocked by the news, which soon turned into anger "There is absolutely no way that I would work with her! I would rather quit than perform with her."

"You can't quit. College heart-throb, Shabbir Mehra, quitting? Do you want to ruin your image. And you can't replace Aliyah either, as she is the best among the selected students."

"So what!? I'm just supposed to accept it as it is? My father is bent on ruining my happiness, isn't he!?" Abhi kicked his bike in anger.

"There is a way Shabbir. Although I don't think you'll like it"

"Anything is better than working with Aliyah. Tell me your idea"

"I....I think you should convinve Pragya to join. She's the only one that can replace Aliyah. After today's performance, I can say that Pragya can beat Aliyah."

Shabbir looked at him with indignation "Are you crazy?! I'm not doing anything like that!" He punched his bike seat "Why does father always try to make my life difficult? He always take decisions as per his wishes, without thinking about others. That selfish guy!"

Purab was getting irritated "Shabbir stop behaving like a kid. Not everything is honky-dorry and rainbow nations! We all face tough decisions in life. You need to let go of petty arguments and look at the bigger picture. You rejected Pragya just because of your pride, and now... now I'm not even sure if she would agree to rejoin." he looked at Shabbir in the eye "Either go get Pragya or get ready to work with Aliyah" with that, he stormed off.

To Shabbir, both decisions seemed impossible. There was no way he would go and ask Pragya to perform with him, as he knew she will probably insult him. On the other hand, he and his sister would probably end up killing each other if they work together. He pulled his hair and screamed out in frustration.

"Wow. I knew that you were half-crack for leaving your rich and renown family, but I guess now you've lost the bit of sanity that you had left" 😏 joked Karan, as he opened the door of his car.

Shabbir glared at him "I'm fine!" 😡

Karan raised his hands in surrender "Peace bro, peace" he smirked and got inside his car, with a salute towards Shabbir.

Shabbir took a deep breath and calmed himself 'Alright. Calm down. Anger will get me no where. I need to think with a clear mind. I'm Shabbir Mehra. There is no way anyone can outsmart me.'

He opened his eyes and got on his bike 'However, I can't think properly right now. I'll think of a solution tomorrow.' thinking this, he started his bike, humming to himself.

"Just call me beautiful, call me beautiful, call me b-e-a-uti-." He abruptly stopped his bike when he realized what he was humming 'Did...did I just hum the song that Pragya sang? What the heck! What is wrong with me!?'

#Elsewhere#

A man walks to a dark room and sits at the table. He switches on his table lamp and opens his diary. He had been given the job of killing a person. However, his boss didn't mail him the picture yet and had only told the name. Nevertheless, he had found what she looks like himself.

He took a pen and started writing.

Date : 25th May, 2017

Target : Acquired.

Target name : Pragya Arora a.k.a Pragya Pratap.

To be continued...

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving a vote.
Thanks! ~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro