Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"So what did you do yesterday?" I heard Zachary's voice from the other end of my phone.

My hand stopped writing down my sociology essay as I was reminded of my first ever conversation with Luca Carter.

I threw up on his freaking shoes for Christ sakes, it's not something that would slip my mind.

Emptying the contents of my stomach on Luca Carter's shoes, the only sound in the hallway was the thumping echo from downstairs, and my faint dry heaving.

Once I was finished, I didn't feel like straightening my back to look him in the eyes was going to make this situation any better at all.

"You just.. You just threw up on my shoes" he muttered in a half shocked voice.

Grimacing at the sight of his shoes, I slowly nodded my head but didn't speak a word.

His neck craned to the left to the dark haired girl who looked at me with a disgusted look.

"She just threw up on my shoes..." He said still stunned.

If Ryan hadn't have came out at that moment and pulled me back into the game room, I think that would have been the death place of Blair Luisa Haywood.

"I went to a party with Ryan" Putting my pen on my bedside table along with my books. "I say party, I mean doesn't a party connote the word fun, enjoyment, happinessl?" Sighing as I laid my head back on my pillow, I preoccupied myself with my chipping nail polish as Zachary spoke.

"Ah the great Ryan Thorn. Say, has she still got the hots for me?" Rolling my eyes playfully, I could hear Zachary's faint chuckle already.

Zach knows that Ryan hates him with a passion, has since the day I introduced him as my best friend. As years went by, her hate for him grew a lot stronger, and I guess it was easier to do so once I would tell her about his womanising ways.

He always thought she was just playing the hard to get act every time he'd try to get with her. I don't see how he would have thought that, because Ryan's threats were pretty out there.

'Some day someone is going to punch you in the face, and I'm gonna be there to record it'

'I would hire an assassin to destroy you if I were rich enough'

'You were a mistake'

'I hate you, leave me alone'

And those are only the ones that she used on the day of meeting him, remind you we were 7 at the time.

"She never did, Zach?" I said with a laughy tone. "Some day she's gonna follow through with those threats, you know?" his chuckling came to an abrupt halt, and I could almost see the clogs turning in his head.

"You really think so?" He said quietly. I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my mouth. The infamous Zachary was afraid of Ryan, what a joke-

Wait, I'm afraid of Ryan, what am I talking about. I mean have you heard her in an argument?

She made a 40 year old guy cry on the bus before... He was 3X the size of her and had a tattoo on his face.... Of a fire breathing dragon.

"Swiftly moving on..." Zachary yawned. "You decided on what you're gonna tell Mr Potter tomorrow?" Sitting back up slowly, I swung my legs over so they dangled from my bed. I blankly stared ahead outside my window, running my fingers in circles mindlessly on my thigh.

"My mom's making me do it, so I kinda have no choice"

"Bummer, dude" he chuckled. I pursed my lips as I heard his laugh grow louder. "Look on the bright side?"

Furrowing my eyebrows, i tried to figure out what exactly he meant by bright side?

I see nothing good in this situation.

"What bright side?" I said still curious.

"When you die I'll sing at your funeral, for a small fee of course" The sarcasm in his voice wasn't as clear as I would have liked it to be, making a dead panned expression come up on my face.

"Wow, you are so funny Zach. I can hear Kevin Hart hanging up his microphone now" I said as dryly as possible. Slowly getting up from my bed, I started to pace my room - it was a bad habit of mine - while I continued to speak to Zach.

"Fuck you, I am funny" he half laughed half whined. I couldn't help the small smile that lingered on my lips because of it. Zachary didn't even have to try to get me to smile, it was just a natural instinct.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" I yawned.

"Your smart tongue is gonna get you in trouble with the poor kid you're gonna be tutoring. I hope you like the sound of death by strangulation." He sang mockingly.

I stopped pacing and swallowed the small lump that was beginning to form in my throat. I didn't dare to speak as i had a hunch that my voice had gone up a whole 10 octaves.

What if the person does hurt me for my sarcasm? What if they don't understand it and think I'm trying to offend them, so they punch a hole in my face or something?

Running my hand through my hair, I made sure to clear my throat nonchalantly before speaking.

What? I couldn't have Zach thinking that I was scared shitless? Do you know how long he would tease me about that? I wouldn't hear the end of it.

"I can handle it, okay?" I smiled in surprise at how brave my voice came out. I sounded like Crimson in one of her bitch fights, confident and strong.

Tell her that and I'll hunt you down.

All of a sudden, Zachary's laughter howled down from the other end of the line. His cackles loud and hearty like I had told him the joke of the year.

"You can handle it?" He said in between laughy breaths. "You and I both know you're gonna worm your way out of this, one way or another. You and troubled teen just shouldn't be in a sentence together, Blair." His laughter had slowly died down and my smile had slowly disappeared.

What is he trying to say exactly?

"What are you saying?" I scoffed bitterly. Slumping down on my bed, I brought my knees up towards my chest and squinted my eyes at the wall as I waited for his reply.

"I'm saying you're a scaredy cat, B. Could you really imagine you having a conversation with a so called troubled teen? Cause' I certainly can't" pouting my lips, I tried to rein in my anger and not tell him to go screw himself, but I think it may had slipped out anyway.

I'm no scaredy cat? I take risks in life?!

Just yesterday I took a huge risk? It was said that there was a 56% chance of rain yesterday, and I didn't take an umbrella with me.

Risky or what?

What do you mean that doesn't count? Of course it counts.

"That's not true!-" Standing to my feet, my hand rested on the top of my head as I scowled at the wall, pretending Zachary's face was pinned to it.

"Oh please Blair. I bet you $100 dollars you couldn't stick it out tutoring one of those troubled teens" he laughed.

Before my mouth had time to register with my brain, I blurted something out I knew I was going to regret.

"Deal"

What the fuck did I just say?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro