Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Wallahi I do not like them" Risa was still annoyed by the behavior of everyone, especially Alisha. Both, her and Zahra, entered in their auntie room, when Risa stated her opinion. Everyone from the village came to meet them and instead of showing affection, people were critiquing, making Risa go insane. Using the excuse of time difference and tiredness, Risa managed to leave the circle of gossip with her older sister.

"tum apne expressions ko control kiya karo" Zahra giggled remembering Risa's face when one of the aunties from the village was touching her silky hairs and making comments about how much Zahra have grown up.

"People don't know how to use common sense so, obviously I will get irritate" In her old habit of jumping on Zahra's bed in USA, Risa jumped on the charpai to only lose balance and hit her head against the wall, "Holy moly snickers bars!!!!"

Ignoring the pain of her sister, Zahra pushed Risa so she can fall on the charpai that was next to her, "that one is yours" pointing at the one in front she said, "this one is mine for couple of days"

Risa smirked, "kyu phir kaha jana hai, Ali bhai jaan ke paas" Zahra was in disbelieve hearing her little sister talking like this to her. Sure, they were little close but not much that she would tease her.

"Besharam larki main ne tumhare chote chote se piece kar dane hai agar ab ius ka naam liya toh" Zahra leaned forward to grab Risa but she was quick to move. Before Zahra could do anything else, Auntie Beenish entered the room along with her kids.

Beenish is related to them in so many ways. She is Zahra's parents' cousin and now was married to her dad's cousin. She really covered the distance between of Khala to Chachi.

Beenish had an AC in her room and since it was still hot in Pakistan and girls were not really used the weather, she has asked them to sleep with them.

"Kis ke chote chote piece hone laghe hai?" She seemed to have heard the conversation and laughingly asked making Zahra turn red in embarrassment.

Risa being herself teased her more, "I thought we were supposed to speak in English when spilling some juice around here but guess not" When girls got to know that they were coming to Pakistan, considering the way their family is, Zahra purposed the idea of talking in English among themselves as here no one knew it.

"Waise sach kahu toh tum dono bohat cute laghti hu English mein bolte hue" Beenish squealed in excitement expressing her thoughts on them like always.

Beenish was a sweet lady and one of the best among all of their relatives. She has gone through a lot of hardships in her life and Zahra cannot help but feel sorry for her and for what Allah have written in her destiny, even though Allah knows the best.

Hearing Beenish, Risa started acting cute and blushing, like she has been announced the prettiest girl in the universe. Zahra faked gaged seeing cringe, making Risa gasped. Faking anger, Risa went to her charpai, not before kicking Zahra's. Seeing her childish act, both ladies laughed.

Zahra and Beenish talked for a while. Due to time difference, Zahra was wide awake, and Beenish decided to accompany her, until her husband called. When the ringtone was heard, Zahra started to tease her auntie, who started blushing and called her besharam before rushing to the attached room.

Everyone was deep in sleep, some drooling and snoring. On the other hand, sleep was not any near Zahra. She kept turning around with deep thoughts on her mind. Suddenly she faced Risa, who had her eyes closed and mouth wide open. Risa had tonsils since she was young, now that she was 12, doctors approved to operate on her. Two weeks before coming to Pakistan, she was operated and due some symptoms, Risa sleeps with open wide open.

"You should close your big fat mouth before some tiny creatures try to poison you" Zahra forwards her hand to close Risa's mouth thinking she is sleeping. In reality, Risa was trying!! As soon as Zahra's hand touched her chin, Risa grabbed her hand and took Zahra by surprise.

Opening her eyes, "I always knew you loved me secretly" If Zahra had an opportunity to smash open someone's head and not get in trouble, she will definitely take advantage of it.

Zahra yanked her hand away from Risa's grip and huffed, "you have your fiancé who seemed to be really loving you" as soon as she said this, Zahra's eyes got wide. How can she be so stupid and let this roll out of her tongue? She closed her eyes to calm down and come up with a believable lie.

"What? Kya farmaya hai aap ne?" With each word, Risa's voice was raising. Looking at their cousins sleeping peacefully, Zahra put her hand over Risa's mouth making her words be mumbled against her soft palm.

"Joke, it's a joke Behan" Zahra nervously laughed, which Risa did not seem to believe. Counting something on her fingers, Risa slapped Zahra's hand away and grinned, "ah, there is no one left for me" In one day of stay, Risa have seemed to know which cousin is in which cousin's naseeb. There was no one left to take her -- well was there?

Thanking Allah for making Risa a little stupid, Zahra smiled widely at her sister, "Now sleep we have a long day tomorrow" Risa made a weird face hearing about a non-existing long day.

In one day, both have understood that their plans are washed away with the water flooded by the family. Their mother, who was supportive of them and their plans in USA now did not care if both sisters had some fun. There were so many things that Risa and Zahra planned to do, visit, and eat on their stay but seeing the attitude of mom and dad's side of the family -- nothing was possible.

"Here everyone is against girls. I really thought that oh we are in a foreign country so, our family does not let us do anything and in Pakistan everything will be better" Risa started venting about things, while Zahra stayed quiet with closed eyes.

"But dame have you seen the attitude of everyone? They think we are stupid. And who was Isma talking to over the phone for hours, leaving us on our own?" Zahra ugly laughed remembering about Isma and how she thought girls were stupid to not spot her fake call.

Isma is Zahra's cousin from her dad side of the family. Her dad has two sisters, both married but the younger one is divorced (but never admits), so the older sister have given her middle child to her mother and sister to keep. Isma is very spoiled and think highly of herself.

When Zahra first arrived from the airport, she spotted many sweet boxes in the corner. To herself she thought, 'since when did dado started liking them?" but Zahra seemed to have over done it as those sweet boxes were for Isma, who have earned 990 scores on her board exams and was in the first place.

It made Zahra choke on the glass water she was drinking when she heard. She has earned 1300 on her SAT and no one cared to congratulate and here on Isma 990 scores and "first position" everyone were sending in gifts and calling. Tell me you are not the favorite without telling me you are not the favorite.

When Zahra slapped her 1300 marks on her 990 ones, Isma started to get jealous and show attitude. In the end she made a fool out of herself by pretending to be a popular girl in her school and faking a phone call for hours.

"Sweetie it is better to be on our own than be with double faced cousins" Risa nodded her head agreeing with her sister. Silence took place again and the sounds of crickets were loudly pinging their ears.

Risa was under the pressure of tons of questions that she wanted to ask but did not know how to. Knowing her well, Zahra didn't push, even though, she really wanted to ask what is bothering her sister.

Sitting up straight, Risa turned to Zahra, "at this point I do not care anymore. What the heck is going on about Ali bhai jaan?" here comes the question that Zahra was avoiding answering, "are you really engaged to him? Why did I never know that my older sister was engaged and are you really getting married?" Zahra sat up too and put her open hair in a bun. The only good thing about Pakistan so far is that people sleep unbothered without caring about the world around them and thick walls.

"Ali bhai jaan? Since when he got that title when I am just Zahra?" She teased Risa but she did not pay any attention as she was more interested in getting the answers. Zahra cleared her throat knowing if it is not now, it will be never.

"I did not know I was engaged to him. I always taught he and Mariam will get married" Saying that Zahra giggled, remembering her 10 years self, pairing all of her cousins together. And after few years, when the pairs started to actually become couple, she was mind blown.

"A day before our flight, mom dropped that bomb on me and since then I am regretting everything. I do not understand why people promise to get their kid married when they are born" Few days, after Zahra was born, her mother called Pakistan and as a joke said that she will get her married with her brother's son. Not any son or the one who will be of her age but to the oldest son who is way older than her. When Zahra was born, Ali was probably fighting on the street, while playing with his friends not knowing his biwi have entered the world.

"His white hairs make sense now" Out of everything Zahra said, Risa was more amused on finally figuring out why her cousin had white hairs. He was getting old, "what age did you turn last week?"

Rolling her eyes, Zahra said"18, why you want to calculate his age?" And that's what exactly Risa wanted to do. She started counting on her fingers, eyes each one opening, "So he is in his 30 or 40?" Risa was being very serious trying to figure out how much of an age gap between them was, which will help her conclude Risa's final thought about Zahra's marriage.

Zahra chuckled on her sister's craziness, "dumbo he is in his late twenties so probably 27" Doing the final check on her fingers, Risa gasped, "biss that's 9 years" her eyes were wide.

Even if there were 20- or 30-years old age gape, Zahra would not be able to do anything. Her mother's words were being followed like they 'line de fakir'. Seeing her in sadness, Risa regretted asking these questions, "it's fine you have me, let's just run away!" Risa said these words like she means them. Zahra chuckled not wanting to show her true emotions and asked her sister to sleep.

Risa fixed the blanket, "I seriously mean it, I will run away with you" saying that Risa yawed and went to sleep, leaving Zahra to go back into the deep oceans of voices in her mind.

Does she have the option to run away? Can she say no?

There was a gut in Zahra telling her that what is happening is wrong. Something is about to change for worse. Ignoring everything, Zahra told herself that everything will be okay.

While being in thoughts and fear, Zahra did not realize when sleep overtook her.

This is very slow at the moment, but I promise from the next update one I will make them on point, longer, and more detailed.
Chand raat mubarak

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro