0 5 | C H A P T E R 5

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"See you tomorrow then." I fixed the strap of my bag and smiled at them. Blake and I were standing infront of the ice cream parlor and the twins were already inside their blue Lamborghini parked a few meters away from the parlor.

"Are you sure you'll be fine by yourself? I don't mind being late for a few minutes. I really don't have a good feeling." He had a worried look on his face. I took the pepper spray which was hidden in the side pocket of my bag.

"I'll be fine," I said to Blake and showed him my pepper spray.

"Ser said she'll be fine. Now get in the car or it will be us who won't be okay from coach's wrath!" Payne yelled from the backseat.

"Text me when you get home okay?"

"I will now go." I pulled him to the car and pushed him into the passenger's seat.

"Drive safely." Payton nodded and sent me a small smile as a response.

I watched as the car drove away. When it was out of sight, I went inside the Ice Cream Parlor again. I ordered a banana split and sat on the table located at the farthest back.

I don't wanna go home yet cause mom's at work and there's nothing to do at the house. I'm already here so might as well stay here for a while.

I took out my math book and started browsing the lesson Mr. Brown taught a while ago.

A week passed by. In that week, I almost lost my mind. It was a week without her. I miss her scent and voice so badly. Fuck. This won't do, I have to see her today or I'll go crazy.

After 30 minutes of reading the book, my head badly hurts. Understanding math is like trying to decipher hieroglyphics when you're a nurse. I don't think I'll be friends with math this semester.

"Need some help with that?" I looked up to see the guy in the leather jacket. This time, he wasn't wearing a leather jacket. He had a black v-neck shirt that was hugging his built and some black pants paired with combat boots. He sat infront of me and placed his ice cream across mine.

"It's you!" I felt myself unconsciously smile. Why am I smiling?

"If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you're happy to see me, kitten." He crossed his arms and sent me a smirk. I felt myself blush. Am I?

"I-i... uhm..."

"You missed me, I see." He placed his left arm on the table and rested his chin, showing me his smirk.

"No?" I won't deny that I was wondering where he went this past week, but I'm not sure if I miss him. I was just curious. Yes, I was only curios!

"Really now?" he asked with one eyebrow raised and a teasing voice.

"Yes." I answered without much confidence.

"Yes you missed me?" he smiled. I caught my breath. It was my first time to see him smile and he is breathtaking! Wait, did I just say breathtaking? Focus, Serena!

I cleared my throat. "No."

"No you missed me?" he asked, his smile getting wider.

"No, what I meant was- stop teasing me, will you?" I pouted. He leaned back and laughed loudly making other costumers look at us.

"Can't help it, you were too cute." He leaned forward a little too close, invading my personal space. And once again, I'm blushing.

"What you got there?" he asked, his eyes dropping on my opened math book.

I glanced at the book and saw that she was in the types of sequences.

"Sequences," she answered.

"I've been watching you for quite some time a while ago and I can tell you're still on the same page."

Before approaching her, I was admiring her beauty from afar for a couple of minutes.

"That's creepy. Are you stalking me?" I laughed inside of me because yes, I was stalking her. But I won't admit that of course.

"That was not creepy, I was admiring your beauty. And no, I wasn't stalking. Not my fault I saw you here while I was riding my bike. That was fate letting us meet, kitten." I sent her a wink making her blush. Fucking beautiful

"Scoot over."

"What?" she asked, baffled.

"I said scoot over." She was confused but still moved. I stood up from my seat and sat beside her.

"What are you doing?" I took her book and read the problems that was taking her so long.

"Which one are you having a hard time with?" She looked at me like I was spouting incomprehensible stuffs. Still looked cute though.

"Hello?" I snapped my fingers in front of her.

I came back to my senses when he snapped his fingers in front of me.

"Uhm what?" I asked really confused. What is wrong with me?

"Which one? I'll help you." Still confused, i pointed out the number which really made my brain hurt trying to understand it.

"Give me a pen and paper." I hurriedly rummaged my bag for my pen and notebook and it to him with shaky hands. Could I get anymore embarrassing?

"Come closer. How will I tutor you if you're so far away?" I scooted closer to him and I was able to smell him. He smelled of aftershave with a mix of lilies.

Suprisingly, when he started to teach me, the question suddenly became easy. He also taught me the succeeding questions which I was so thankful for because now I have fully grasped the lesson.

"How come your so good in math?" I slouched back on the sit. He made math look so easy when it is certainly not.

"I'm in advance math," he answered, his ears turning red. Is he shy?

"That explains why you're so good," I grumbled and crossed my arms. I glanced outside and saw that it was already dark. I grabbed my phone from the table and checked the time. My phone said it was already 8 in the evening.

"What's wrong?" he asked, stretching his arms which made his biceps flex.

"It's already eight," I pointed out.

"Really?" he asked glancing at the window. "Can't tell, I only had my focus on you," he remarked looking back at me again. I've been blushing for so many times today.

"I need to get going then. Mom will worry if I don't go home by nine," I said and started fixing my things. Mom usually got home at around 9:30 in the evening and if I'd walk from here to home, it would take atleast an hour or so.

Suddenly, he grabbed my bag from me shocking me in the process. He went out of the parlor with my bag on his shoulder. Recovering from my shock, I immediately followed him out. He was already riding his bike when I got out.

"Give me bag my bag." I stretched my arms towards him asking for my bag back.

He tossed me a helmet, which thankfully I caught. "Get in the back." He moved my bag in front after wearing his helmet and started the engine of his motorbike.

"Well? Are you gonna ride or what?" He yelled through his helmet. Because I still wanna live and see tomorrow, I wore the helmet and got on the back of his bike.

"Hold on tight, kitten." He grabbed my hands and placed them on his stomache. Freakin skittles, someone takes care of his body. What are you of thinking, Serena?

"Slow down!" I yelled. He started to drive and he was so fast! It's like he heard me and started to go faster. I closed my eyes and grabbed onto him tighter hoping that I reach home soon so this death ride will come to an end.

After painfully long minutes, which felt like hours, I felt us come to a stop. I opened my eyes and thanked my guardian angel that I've reached home alive.

I immediately got off his bike. This will be the last time I'll ride this death contraption. I removed his helmet and gave it to him. "Thank you for driving me home," I said as he handed me back my bag.

"This ain't free, you owe me a date." A date? With, wait I don't even know his name yet!

He was about to go when I asked, "Wait, I still don't know your name."
He glanced at me and answered, "It's Kingsley, kitten."

I watched as his bike sped down the road and vanished from my vision.

Wait, how did he know where I lived if he didn't even asked for my address?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro