æ1: Late riser

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dreams don't work unless you do.
Dreams work even if it's a dream.
Dreams totally exist.

What the hell was I even chanting in my sleep??

Ding!!!

I searched slowly for my phone.I had my alarms set on my phone.even though my elder sister had warned me to get a working alarm instead of substituting it for my phone.

She says oneday I'll have to smash my phone against the wall for ringing out alarms. Well, I don't blame her cause right now.I felt like doing that but, I thought about my phone.

My precious phone? Nope.I can't risk that.

Quickly grabbing the phone from my reading table still with half of my eyes closed.I swipe the screen and the lights came on making me squint. Gosh.it's so bright..anyway I checked the time and it was 6:00am.

What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I have to wake myself up so early..arrghhh I groan inwardly. Tossing the phone to one side of the bed.and returning back to my dream world.

Dreams don't exist...dreams don't. ...

we are here again.we are here again lord we are here again.father come and take control...

I creased my eyebrows. Okay I remember dreaming about dreams but then the song sounded familiar. It didn't even sound like something in my dream.but it was a bit loud. I got up grumpily, dragging my feets to the bathroom to do my hygiene.

I still don't even have an idea of what today was. But i knew once i was done i'll quickly toss myself to my bed again. My phone rang, breaking me out of my reverie. I got out from the bathroom to pick it up

Caller id. Sandwich♥..I groaned again.why was she calling this early.Sandwich was my bestie Annette.I called her sandwich cause she was abit smallish.smallishly cute anyway.

I swiped the green button " hello"

" wakey wakey sleepy head " she sang cheerfully. I removed the phone from my ears.her voice was a little loud

" why are you shouting na ? " I asked grumpily

" abeg .I know you're still sleeping sha abi you're coming to school today ?" She asked and I blink my eyes in confusion

" school? Which school? "

" ode today is monday and it's the first day of school. Don't tell me you've forgotten? " she asked and I could imagine her snickering at the background.

" Jesus" I exclaimed

" Christ of Nazareth " she replied in a mock tone " if you like don't come.I won't even cover up for you when principal Jordan asks " she said hanging up

This wicked girl sha...I muttered.scratching my hair in utter confusion.today was the first day of and today was monday.God what was I thinking ?

I rushed out of the bathroom to check the time.now was after 6.and I could hear my mum's voice

" Uju conclude the prayer " my mum was saying. I gasped. I just missed morning prayers too.

I quickly dashed out to the sitting room.my mum, Uju my elder sister and kelechi my older brother were in a kneeling position. I silently joined them.kneeling too as uju said the grace and afterwards we were done praying

" mummy good morning " I said after my siblings had greeted. My mum looked up from where she sat, reading her bible.she scrutinized me for a minute before speaking

" good morning to you too " I smiled tightly.taking that as my cue to leave when she called me back

" emm..Meera come on come back here.where do you think you're going? " she asked eyeing me

" I'm going to prepare for school ma."

She scoffed " sit down. " she said. I blinked my eyes in confusion before sitting. She handed me her bible

" oya read Thessalonians 5:17 " she said.I could hear uju and kelechi snicker at me while I read

" pray without ceasing " I said slowly and she nodded her head

" odi ka e kpe pere di hard for you ( it's like praying is hard for you )

" no ma"

" Don't 'ma' me.." she said still eyeing me " no I can see that you hate to pray.cause i don't see why a grown child like you hates prayers when your mates are busy evangelizing " she retorts.I inwardly roll my eyes

Seriously?

" but mummy. I still came out to pray na..and I'll be late for school if i don't go and prepare now " I say carefully and she hissed

" you want to run and I know. If your so concerned about school.you would have joined us to pray earlier. But no..you choose to sleep...and I'm sure it because of that phone which you were pressing since last night " she accused

" mummy..." I was going to protest when she quickly shushed me up

" when I was your age..we never had a phone but see you here pressing phone up and down.chatting with people that won't help your future..and now..you're remembering school " she said still frowning

" it's better sha that she's pressing phone instead of pressing another person's breas...." my perverted brother muttered much to the hearing of Uju and I

I chuckled while Uju slapped his back with the broom she was holding

" get out.you idiot " she cursed .my mum glared at us

" this early morning? You're insulting someone " she said and my sister scurried into the room to avoid mum lecturing her on good conduct. My mum faced her attention to me

" is alright okwa gi ( abi you ) I'll wait for you some other time " she said and quickly dismissed me.

I thanked her before running into the room.Uju was styling her hair into a Bantu knot.she shared the same room with me and she didn't even wake me up when she was going to pray

" why didn't you wake me up ?" I asked her with a frown.she looked up at me

" ooh it's you"

I twisted my face in a frown " that isn't an answer "

" did I say I was going to give you an answer? " she snapped

I huffed " you're just somehow ooh.." I muttered going into the bathroom to take my bath.

Few minutes later and I was done.i wore my maroon checkered uniforms. It was a flare skirt, a white long sleeve t-shirt and a maroon coloured blazer.I packed my hair in a doughnut style and used my eco-styler gel to lay my edges. I quickly rubbed a white powder on my face and then dabbled a nude coloured lip gloss on my lips.

I gave myself a small smile at my looks then picked up my phone to take a few shots of myself when I just remembered I haven't worn my shoes.

Uju was still busy plaiting her Bantu knots.I didn't like that hairstyle. But who am I to complain

" Uju can you borrow me your black flats " I said pointing at her black shoes which layed on the shoe racks

" what happened to the ones you have?"

" they're tight..and I'll get injured if I wear them " I explain and she hissed

"Well if you know you shoes were going to be tight you could have brought new ones " she retorts and I sigh

" what's your own this morning nah ? Are you giving me or not.?" I snap impatiently at her.

Uju.wasn't a morning person that was why she was acting so grumpy today but I too wasn't one.so you couldn't blame me for snapping back at her.

She glared at me " you'll soon cry before going to school today trust me" she threatened. I knew she meant her threat anyway, that's if I annoy her further

So instead I shrugged. Elder siblings will just be annoying someone anyhow

" give her na..you're not going to wear all of them in one day are you ?" My mum's voice called from the room door.

I didn't even realize she had been standing at the door since.I smiled at her gratefully as Uju handed one of her flats to me

" next time don't come again ooh..just because our legs are the same size doesn't mean we'll start sharing shoes" she muttered and I blew her a kiss

" if I want another I'll still ask.afterall what are big sisters for? " I said pouting and she smiled at me before hissing

" oya...Meera I'm not waiting for you today.you'll have to go with kelechi today " my mum said impatiently as she grabbed her bags from the sitting room chair

" eat before you go ooh and I gave your snacks money to kelechi " she called out and I graoned

Did she have to give my money to kelechi.

" brother kelechi " I called out. He opened his room door fully dressed in a black Levi jean trousers and a blue checked t-shirt. He wore a white sneakers on his feet too.I scrutinized him

" are you going somewhere else today?"

" what's it to you " he retorted and I sigh

" nothing ooh..where is my snacks money ?" I asked and he feigned a frown

" did you greet me this morning sef " I sighed

" good morning. Oya gimme my money " I say

" easy jare..infact take " he said handing #400 to me .I squeezed my eyebrows

" what is this? "

" that's what mummy said I should give you " he simply replied as he scoped the leftover jollof rice which Uju had warmed this morning to his plate

I was going to ask mummy today when I come back from school.so far I don't trust him when handling my money.I huffed putting the money inside my black school bag

" let it better be ooh " I muttered

" what did you say" he ask giving me a pointed look as I shrugged

" I said let's hurry up eating so we can go early "

He eyed me.obviously not believing my lie but he still shrugged anyway muttering a 'better for you '

Arrg..being the last born sucked.

" is this one a new school uniform? " he asked and I smiled spinning around

" how do I look ?" I asked.a glint of admiration flashed through his eyes before he quickly masked it up with a sneer

" how are you supposed to look ? " he asked sneering

" beautiful" I said and he scoffed

" on the contrary. You look like one kind haggard person like that " he said and my face fell

Uju came out chuckling " don't mind him jare..you look beautiful " she said and I smile at her

" thank you dear"

" of course thank me..afterall my shoes are making you shine and my gel too " she added and I immediately frown

" so much for being a sister..I'm going late oh " I said in annoyance and my siblings chuckled

" stop it nau..she's vexing now because of you " kelechi muttered to Uju who shrugged

" you started it..kelechi appease her ooh before she table all your case to mummy " Uju said still laughing

" appease ko gods ni " he replied and the both laughed. I eyed them both..they were having fun pissing me off.I'm okay tho.cause when I react even the heavens will not stop me.

" are you going to school today ?" Kelechi asked Uju. She shrugged

" today's lecture free day.I'm going for a shoot " she replied and he nodded.

Uju was an English student in university of port-Harcourt while mg brother. kelechi was a Marin engineering student in the same school and yes we lived in port Harcourt with my mum. My dad passed away when I was born.that was what mum said so we all lived together in our three bedroom house. My sister was also a model for the V- makeup house.it was her part-time work. So anytime she wasn't going to school she usually went for her photo shoot.

While my brother worked part-time in the school's cyber cafe. And me I was just the secondary school student patiently waiting to take my final year exams and quickly get into high institution.

" oya let's go ni..small thing and you've started daydreaming " my brother called snapping his fingers at my face.I eyed him before getting into the uber that he ordered

" lil sis abi you won't give me a hug before you go " Uju called out smiling sweetly at me.

" no.go and hug a transformer " I snapped and kelechi burst out laughing while Uju glared at me giving me her middle finger.

Soon the car swerved into action and I was on my way to school.

So here goes the first chapter.and yep.her sister shares the same name with me😁 tell me what you think and don't forget to vote and share ♥♥

See you in the next chapter 👋 👋
Ujurita xoxo
♥♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro