6. Poppy

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I saw a door that seemed to be blocked by a wardrobe.

I had to stop for a second. Whatever was in here was enough to scare Huggy Wuggy. It was enough that toys were strangled and hung as a warning against those who entered.

This would either be a deathly mistake or a key to answers.  I pushed the wardrobe and opened the door to enter some sort of bedroom. What stood out was a glass case in the center of the room.

Inside of it a Porcelain doll lay asleep, with red curls and a frilly blue dress. This was Poppy, Poppy Playtime's first ever toy and mascot.

On one hand. She had scared Huggy, but on the other hand... she was porcelain.  She was small, she didn't even reach my knees!  I was sure I could defend myself against her.

I came closer and rubbed some dust off the glass. She had been there for quite some time.  I reached for the glass handle and began to pull at the door.

The moment the door opened the lights flickered. Her eyes snapped open.

"You opened my case."

I looked around quickly at the lights. I prayed to God that it was just coincidental timing. As if she wasn't creepy enough! She looked at me closely, as if to observe. "You shouldn't be here."

"My name is Audriella. I-"

"It would be best for you to take the train and leave Audriella." My eyes widened at this. After I had opened her case, she was so rude!

"I am here looking for clues. My brother went missing here a long time ago. I have already been chased by an eighteen foot feral toy. I have been through vents, been in a vat of baby toy parts, seen strangled toys, and creepy notes. I am not leaving until I find out more."

She stood there lifeless without movement. If I didn't know better I would have said she was just a regular toy with a creepy stare. "That determination... You've helped me so I will help you but be warned, you may not come out of this alive. If answers are what you seek, you will get them but know all that awaits you are incomprehensible horrors. I worry for you and again I heavily advise you to leave. Are you certain it's worth it?"

I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself. "I... I've never stopped looking for him. It's been so long... I need answers." I said softly. "Do you think  I'll find anything?"

"Who are you looking for?" She seemed deep in thought. "If we're lucky we may be able to find some files."

I nodded and smiled. "Exactly! That's what I'm looking for. I just want to know what happened to him. I'm looking for my little brother, Samuel Lee? He was one of the orphans here."

Her eyes widened as she stared at me. I squinted- that look.  She knew something. "Do you know what happened to him?!"

"I-" she started. "I can take you to him."

"He's alive?!" I exclaimed. "You know him? How is he?!"

She looked back up at me from her deep thinking. "You've come this far. You deserve to know the truth..." she was quiet, still thinking.  "But I'm telling you right now you won't like it. Some secrets are best left hidden."

It was that bad? My brows furrowed. "How bad is it? What happened?"

She shook her head. "That's beyond my boundaries. I'll let him keep his secret for now, but I will guide you to what you're looking for. I can promise, if you make the journey you'll find who you're looking for."

My eyes widened. She said who- not what? I wanted to grab her abs shake her. If all that was ahead was danger why couldn't she just tell me! I took a heavy breath for bravery, now aided by determination. "Then guide me."

She walked through the corridor. "I prefer going through the vents to stay hidden from the others." She then tried to push a crate. She struggled a bit until I helped her. As I did I started to see a door behind it. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise! I continued to try and block it.

"Keep going through this corridor, at the end- likely hidden behind a pile of boxes, wooden boards, or crates similar to this one you'll find a key. That's the Key to Dr.Ludwig's office. He's the one who founded the orphanage and the company. Without him none of us would be here. In order to understand what happened to Samuel you need to understand the whole picture. Snooping around there might help you find files from the very beginning. When you're done, to the left of that is a door you can open with your grab pack. I'll be waiting for you on the other side."

... all I could do was nod. I had felt so clueless before, and you know what? I still felt clueless- I was following a Porcelain Poppy doll I didn't even know if I could trust.

Even so, at least now I didn't feel entirely directionless and I was sure answers lied ahead.

"Okay...,  I'll meet you there."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro