8. Mommy

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Once poppy returned and said the coast was clear we left the room.

"If you Want to find what's left of Samuel Lee you'll need to use the train code to go down past Playcare."

"What's... left?" I questioned. "I thought you said he was alive!" I exclaimed

"Life... death. It all blurs together here." She said, as if it were the most casual thing in the world. "

Poppy... I didn't even know what to think of her. As we were walking I saw a giant hole in the ground covered by a giant spider web. I cringed and hopped back a bit.

Over a decade later and those giant webs were still just as creepy. "P-Poppy, are you sure we're safe?"

"There's never full certainty here.  You have an idea of what became of Samuel. That spiderweb is nothing compared to what's down below. I'm giving you one last chance. Are you sure, you want to continue?"

... What was wrong with me?
Scared of a little spider web. After so many years I was getting answers! The opportunity to hold Sam in my arms! "I-"

I froze as a long elastic pink hand reached out of the spiderweb and grabbed poppy by the dress before it pulled her underneath.

I heard Mommy's voice echo through the tunnel. "Looks like someone let out poppy~"

I struggled to move as Mommy Long Legs climbed up onto the roof. Poppy's lips were sealed shut with web but I could hear her screaming at me. Mommy stared at me. "Now what idiot would dare to do that...?"

"I-I'm Audri-iella." I started

Her eyes pierced me as she looked at me closer. "Would you look at that... It's Audrey. ..." sudden her face frowned as her eyes dilated. "You left us Audrey~"

I felt her arm tightly wrap around my waist as I was pulled up to her face.  "Not by choice!" I exclaimed.  "But I'm back now. I-I didn't know."

"Well.. you're right about one thing. You are back." She turned poppy to face her. "Just look. A new playmate, isn't this exciting?! It's been so long..."

The way her eyes dilated reminded me of Huggy's. "W-Wait! I have food. Is that what you want? I can go get food!"

"Oh nonono. I have a meal right here..." she squeezed me. "But first....I'd like some entertainment." She smirked.

Did I know who Mommy was? No. She'd always been there. As far as I remembered she was rather very new on my second week, but she wasn't any person I could have known. "Im sorry. Im so sorry for what they did to you but don't want to hurt you!"

"It's a little late for that... isn't it?" She smirked. "Well... Mommy heard that Poppy was going to just give you the train code."

"S-So you know why I'm here"

Her eyes dilated further. I started to pull at my arms as they coiled around me tighter. "Well that's no fun is it?  What if we make a game out of it?"

"You're squeezing too hard" I squeaked.

"The gamestation is still working. It'll be just like old times!"

"Stop ignoring me!" I wheezed helplessly.

"If you win." She continued. "I'll give you the train code! Head to Musical memory and I'll get things started!"

I had only played that game once, and I remembered being scared out of my fricking mind! I was awful at it as a kid. There had to be a way to escape- trick Mommy into-

"Obey the rules..." she growled "or I'll  tear you apart and eat your insides..." My eyes widened. I'm not sure if it was out of shock, because I couldn't breathe, or because I felt like her arm would snap me in two. "While you're still alive."

With that I felt her hands uncoil as I was dropped to the ground harshly. I groaned and curled forward gasping for breath. She laughed at how pathetic I was.

Her laugh echoed through the halls. It became quieter and quieter. My surroundings grew darker. "Oh no no no Audrey~ There's no early dismissal... not here."

My eyelids fluttered as my heart raced faster. Every movement made my waist throb in pain.

"Get up."

My eyes closed involuntarily as my consciousness faded.

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes were strings of white. My body felt tied together, and sticky.

Wait...

It was all coming back to me. Mommy. The Gamestation. Her last command.

No.

I struggled and slowly felt my hands able to move. My body wiggled. I was dangling from somewhere.

Oh god no! I let out a horrified squeal as I tore my hands away from the webs that encased me and tried to remove the webs from my face so I could see.

Gross! I did not sign up for this! I didn't want to be here!

I was shocked as I realized that I was dangling in a web sort of cacoon above the game station.

High ... above the gamestation.

I let out a muffled scream and looked up. I was dangling by a single thread.

Dear God!

Okay! Okay! I quickly looked around. I knew my body couldn't take another fall.

Just as it had always been i saw the playground. I raced through my childhood memories and tried to think of a map of this place.

There were a lot of padded tunnels from the playground below me. Their bright colors had grown grayer with time. I remembered, there used to be a trampoline somewhere. Terry and I would compete on who would go higher all the time!

I looked around.
There!

It was a little far, but maybe, just maybe if I swung my body hard enough and had the web snap at the right time I could make it.

I tensed my body and grunted as I wiggled as I tried to swing my body towards the trampoline. The web was stronger than I thought, and more flexible.

I guess it made sense...

Spider webs held thier host's prey, and that's what I was.

I kept swinging, harder. I was starting to think I could reach the center of the trampoline. I just had to go harder. At the right time I tucked my knees and tugged at the web, ripping myself from its weakened grasp as I soared through the air.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro