001. the attack

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

chapter one
maisie pov

two friends kiara and maisie stood laughing as they made fun of their friend Tara who stood against the stove stirring a pot of chili as she texts  Amber, trying to convince her to come over.

The landline rang continuously sending chils to the Prescott and mitchell but since the number was unknown to her Maisie  refused to let her pick up.

Maisie dips her finger into the pot, Tara groans pushing her back "gross"

"oh come on you love us" Maisie said making Tara roll her eyes "yea I do" Kiara snatches her phone. "Ooh planning a date night with your girlfriend"

Tara snatches the phone back "it's not a date and before you get all protective she's coming here" Maisie was always like a big sister to Tara.
Tara was super greatful she had someone who was always there, no matter what

"Good, she's weird I don't like you hanging there," Kiara says suddenly serious crossing his arms. Tara laughs not taking her seriously
"why?"

"I don't have to explain why, just promise to stay away from her house" Maisie said cutting in grabbing the bags of chips off the counter and began to eat them. "Fine" she mumbles Maisie smiles happily

The landline rings loudly again making Tara and Maisie frown Tara texts Amber about the unknown number who tells her to just ignore it, but Tara assumed since the number was blocked it could be her mother.

"I'm gonna get my charger" Kiara said as she noticed her phone was about to die grabbing maisie car keys "want us to go with you" maisie said, leaning over the counter, knowing the car was parked outside it was pretty dark

"I'm good I should only be a one or two minutes" Kiara said smiling at her older friend before opening the door and heading out

Kiara quickly ran to maisie car that was parked on the street, as she reached for the charger in the car, she felt a sudden rush of fear as she heard footsteps behind her. Kiara turned around to see a figure in a ghost face mask rushing towards her.

Kiara screamed and tried to run, but the attacker was too fast. He grabbed her by the arm slicing it before he dragged her to the back of the car stabbing her multiple times before heading towards the house

Inside the house Maisie who is in the bathroom upstairs, downstairs, the landline continues to ring Tara finally decides to pick up "hello?"

A familiar deep voice answers "Hello, is Christina there?"

Tara's eyebrows scrunched in confusion her mother hadn't been in town for a while. "No, she's not available may I take a message?"

"Sorry, I'm a friend of hers from group Oh, shit." He responds making Tara suspicious.

"From her shit?" She replies laughing.

"Look, just tell her I'm from group I'm Charlie
She's got my number." He replies. "She goes to your group?" She asks confused.

"I shouldn't have... Just tell her that Charlie called." He says.

"I will do exactly that, Charlie, once you tell me what kind of group we're talking about. Is it AA? NA?" She asked wanting to know since her mom is a private person.

"You sound exactly like she describes you." He says piquing Tara's interest.

"She talks about me in group?" She asks surprised

"I don't think I can really talk about that." He
says

"What does she say about me?" Tara says eagerly wanting to know.

"She loves you very much." He says but Tara rolls her eyes knowing that's too easy "What does she love about me?" Tara asks

"She loves that you're creative, you love art and TV and movies." He lists making Tara smile.
"Lots of people love movies."

"Yeah, but she says you love scary movies and that you guys have that in common She's proud of making a fan out of you." He explains, Tara smiled lightly actually believing his words. "She is?"

"Yeah, She told me the other day, she wonders. what's your favorite scary movie?" His voice lightly changes deeper at the end causing goosebumps to spread over her arms.

"Easy The Babadook It's an amazing meditation on motherhood and grief."
She explains.

"Isn't that a little fancy pants?" He says not liking the title she picked.

"Well, it's elevated horror." She replies.
"Uh-huh. What does that mean, Elevated horror?" He asks curious.

"It's scary but with complex emotional and thematic underpinnings It's not just some schlocky, cheeseball nonsense with wall-to-wall jump scares." She explains.

"Sounds kind of boring to me, Have you ever seen Stab?" He asks making Tara lightly tense.

"Once...at a sleepover when I was like 12, my brother banned me from watching them he hates them." She explains moving the pot off the stove.

"You live in Woodsboro and you don't know
Stab? Your mother loves that movie. She talks about it all the time in group." Tara shook her head lightly laughing. "I highly doubt that"

"How well do you remember the original?" He questions as Tara leans over the counter.

"I don't know. I mean, it was super 'gos. It was really over-lit and everyone had weird hair." She replies as she remembers going through her mom's class yearbook.

"Do you remember the beginning?" He asks.
"Not really." She replies but then it came to her.
"It started with a kill scene, right? They always started with a kill scene."

"Yeah, that's right. That's right. It's a girl at home, alone. She answers a wrong number and starts talking with the killer who makes her play
a game."

"Would you like to play a game, Tara?..
Tara's eyes went wide in fear as she quickly hung up the phone. She pulls her phone out making sure the alarm system is on, she lightly gazes out the window making sure no one was outside.

Tara goes to reply to Amber's message letting her know that she's fine but the landline rings loudly again making her jump breathing heavily.

AMBER
You should answer it

Tara
How did you know my landline was ringing?

Tara gazes from the landline to her phone freaked out. The landline continues to ring as Tara texts Amber confused.

Tara
Amber?

Amber typing...
This is not Amber ANSWER THE PHONE BITCH

Tara tries to control her breathing as she tries to dial for the police, she pauses seeing his next message.

Amber
ANSWER THE PHONE OR AMBER DIES.

Not thinking twice she hurries toward the phone answering it. "This isn't fucking funny
Amber"

"I told you, this isn't Amber," his voice replies darkly, Tara receives a video message and clicks it.

"Amber's looking particularly fetching tonight.
She really shouldn't leave her phone lying around for anyone to clone." He says as Tara gazes at her friend unaware of the killer watching her.

"What do you want?" She asks shakily, she texts her brother 911 as the killer's words ring through her ears.

"I told you, I want to play a game. Stab movie trivia, three rounds." He announces "You call the cops, she dies You get a question wrong, she dies. Her parents aren't home. I can be in that room in 15 seconds." He explains warningly.

"You want a warmup question?" He offers making Tara panic

"I told you I don't know these movies! Ask me about something I do know. Ask me about It Follows. Ask me about Hereditary. Ask me about The Witch." She begs into the phone but the killer ignores her.

"In the first Stab movie, what Woodsboro native was introduced as the franchise's main character?"

"Sidney Prescott," she replies quickly "It's
Sidney Prescott and she lived on Elm." She adds sniffling.

"Correct you see, you're gonna do great at this.
Okay, question one.." he starts but Tara cuts him off.

"No, I got that one right. It should count." She says.

"Anyone could have gotten that one right Sidney's in every movie but the last one.
Question one: Who wrote the original book that the Stab movies are based on?" He questions.
Tara thinks hard before remembering, "The chick from TV!"

"'The chick from TV" is not gonna cut it, Tara." He mocks.
"Gale Weathers! It is Gale Weathers, you motherfucker!" She says breathing in relief that she had the answer.

"Correct. Amber might live to see the sunrise Question two: Who played the dumb bitch at the beginning of Stab 1? who answers the phone and gets carved up by the killer?" He asks making Tara bite her tongue.

"Fuck you!"

"Is that the answer you're going with?" He asks.
Tara rushes trying to search for the actress.

"A non-answer counts as a wrong answer, Tara.
Time's running out. Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock..." he mocks evilly through the phone.

"Heather Graham!" She rushes out finally finding the actress on google.

"Correct! You pulled that one out, Now for the final question: Who was the killer in Stab 1?"

Tara screams out finally knowing the answer.
"It's Billy loomis he was Sydney Prescott boyfriend, and I got you, asshole!"

"I got it! I got it right!" she breaths in relief at her answer.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Tara, but that's just not correct," he answers with fake sadness in his voice.

"What?" she questions, her heart dropping to the pit of her stomach.

"The correct answer is Billy Loomis and Stu Macher there are two killers in the original Stab." Tara bites her tongue feeling stupid.

"I'm afraid someone's got to die now," he says holding up a sharp knife to Amber's window.
Tara shakes her head in horror she runs grabbing a knife. "No, no, no. Amber, I'm coming."

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." She runs to the door opening
it she screams as she comes face to face with Ghostface.

He slices at her stomach cutting her deeply, on instinct Tara punches the killer in the jaw making him reel back, she rushes to close the door slamming his arm into it, she roughly pushes the door closing it, she pulls out her phone her hands shaking from fear as she activates the alarm system.

"The police are on their way, asshole!" she yells holding her wound.

"All systems disarmed," the home system unlocks the door making Tara cry out trying to lock it back, the killer plays some sick game with her by unarming the system every time she arms it

It finally stops, Tara backs away in tears trying to catch her breath. The phone rings loudly again making her jump with the knife in her hand. "Hello?" she answers.

"Bonus question, Tara." his voices dark voice rings through the phone making her cry harder.
"Please stop."

"Do you think I made it inside your house before you could rearm?" he asks before grabbing onto Tara and stabbing her through her stomach.

He pushes her to the counter and goes to stab again but Tara swings around punching him again, he quickly recovers grabbing her hair and then slamming her to the ground.

Tara cries out trying to crawl away but the killer tugs on her foot, she turns kicking him back, making the killer angry he raises his boot up slamming it hard on her ankle.

Tara screams out in pain, as the killer turns her around and tries to stab her but she throws her hand up causing the knife to go through it, she fights back hard kicking him with her good foot causing the knife to rip out her hand as killer fell.

She quickly turns and tries to crawl away as fast as she can as the killer slowly rises stalking her like prey, the police sirens echo loudly causing her to fight harder and reach for the patio but the killer pulls her back.

He stabs twice through her back causing more screams of agony. He flips her over raising his knife high ready for the final kill.
"No no no," she cries

Before he could swing down he's roughly tackled, into the glass table. Maisie punches the killer twice knocking him unconscious. Maisie groans roughly pulling the killers knife out of his side, she throws it down running to Tara's side.

"Tara?" he whispers gently pulling her into his arms, she puts his ear close to her mouth trying to make sure she was still breathing. She sighed in relief when she was.

Ghostface lunged at her with his knife, but Maisie managed to dodge out of the way at the last minute. She tried to run, but he was too fast. He cornered her in the living room, taunting her with his twisted sense of humor.

Maisie was terrified, but she refused to give up. She fought back with all her might, determined to protect herself and Tara. She grabbed a nearby vase and smashed it over Ghostface's head, causing him to stumble backwards.

As she made a run for the front door, Ghostface lunged at her again stabbing her in the stomach Maisie kicked him running towards the door she looked back and he was gone

Maisie collapsed on the ground, exhausted and emotionally drained. She knew that Ghostface was still out there, waiting to strike again. But for now, all she could do was pray that Tara would survive and hope that she would find the strength to face Ghostface again if necessary.

The police barge in heading for the living room, maisie turns to point to we're the killer headed but he was no where in sight.

kim speaking (not edited)
It's here I'm so excited for this applyfic you have no idea let me know your thoughts and comment you favorite part

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro