8 ~~ Admittance

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N: [Akuma attacks mentioned in this chapter— Antibug and Puppeteer. If you have not watched these episodes, I suggest you do.] Kiss... KIISSSS!!!

Thank you guys so much for reading this book, along with voting and commenting on the chapters... No words can describe how grateful I am because I did not expect this book to get far at all. You're all the brightest stars in the galaxy🌟

~|~|~|~

Chat 🧀

Théo Barbot had just become my worst enemy again. I had gotten the shock of my life... Condoms! I could not believe it! Here I thought he was giving me a scarf or something as a belated birthday present— I was immediately wrong.

I was pacing in the empty, boys' bathroom, with the present in my hand. Plagg kept whining about how I was taking the situation too seriously.

"If you're so shaken up about it," he asked, "why don't you just throw it away?"

I did not know. I wasn't going to use it! Gosh, I was only seventeen, I had my life to still get through: leadership positions, universities, job opportunities... So why did I hesitate? My mind was racing, discombobulated: maybe I could use it for a special day, when I was older; or if Ladybug and I ever had a chance... What was I thinking?!

The trash can was right in front of me. I held the three plastic squares in my hand nervously. Out of all the things he could have bought me, Théo just had to buy damned condoms! My hand hovered over the trash and I was so close to dropping it in until the bathroom door opened.

I quickly shoved the condoms into my jacket, followed by Plagg. Kim and Max walked in, talking about the incident that happened during the Antibug incident the previous day and I quickly made my way out of the bathroom with shivers down my spine.

"How many times do I have to say sorry?" Théo asked irritatingly.

We made our way onto the train and I held onto one of the poles near the end. My driver called in sick so I insisted on taking the train with Théo. He and Antonio somehow convinced my father to allow the two of us to go to a movie so that's where we were heading.

I was using the silent treatment on him from the birthday present, which was possibly the smartest punishment I could ever have given him. Théo kept on apologising for his actions— it's what he gets for taking situations too leniently. I looked through the window on the closed vestibule to the other train compartment and was surprised to see Alya and Marinette staring at me and Théo.

We waved to them and they retaliated in a strange manner, Alya having to force Marinette to swish her hand from side to side. So cute, I thought with a laugh. Her anxiousness was so obvious, I found it enjoyable. Observing her as Chat was much different than to when she was in the presence of Adrien.

I reminded myself of the Animan attack when Nino told me about his attraction toward Marinette. At first, I actually wanted Nino and Marinette to be together. When he told me about his true feelings towards her, I couldn't help but smile because my best-guy-friend would be with my best-girl-friend and then everything would have been great, right?

I thought Marinette would lose her crush on me and date Nino; then I'd be free for Ladybug alone without having the guilt about leaving Marinette. I realised how selfish that was— I didn't even consider her feelings and what she'd have thought of me even if she had dated Nino.

And even after all that, I still refused to believe I was jealous. I love Ladybug! LB, My Lady, Bugaboo! I love her... So how was I still developing feelings towards someone else? Someone who couldn't even speak to my true self without stumbling upon her own two feet. I really had to think about our relationship that day after I let Nino down at the zoo.

~|~|~|~

I was hiding behind a bush, telling my best friends the exact words he had to say through a microchip.

"The truth is..." Nino said, facing  Marinette on one of the benches.

I spoke through the microchip to Nino, spying on the two of them, "The truth is that I love..."

I could not finish the sentence. My mind kept pushing me, forcing me to snap out of the moment of hesitation. But my lips were sealed shut. Say it for him, I thought, Nino needs Marinette to know! Say it!

Nino looked as if he was struggling, rambling on about 'another girl' in the class whom he eventually lied about being Alya. Marinette jumped up in excitement, shrieking at how grateful she was that Nino told her about his feelings for Alya.

I am a bad, best friend for betraying Nino at a time of need and worse because I didn't regret doing it.

~|~|~|~

The train ride wasn't that exciting: Théo and I just shared our views on the Antibug incident that happened the previous day (the one akuma attack that did not directly involve Marinette) where Chloe and Sabrina had gotten akumatized.

In the middle of our conversation, something unexplainable happened: Alya had suddenly been engulfed in a flash of white light. In pure shock, a crowd of passengers on the train screamed simultaneously. I couldn't blame them because I was, too, horrified to see Lady Wifi in the place of Alya— one of the akumatized victims Ladybug and I had defeated months ago. But that was not the main reason I was worried.

Marinette backed up, traumatised. Her hand covered her mouth in disbelief. I ran towards the end of the train compartment and banged on the window desperately. My princess was in trouble! And the only thing that separated her from me was a locked door of a moving train! Lady Wifi turned towards Marinette and I saw her lips moving from the other side of the door— darn those stupid, sound-proof windows!

Théo made his way towards me and we both tried listening to what Alya an Marinette were saying from the other side. I managed to pick up part of the conversation:

"I'm Puppeteer!" Lady Wifi boomed in a child's voice, "I want those dolls NOW!"

Théo looked at me in confusion. I mirrored his look with added concern for Marinette who replied to the child-like voice, but I could not comprehend exactly what was being said.

"Give 'em to me now! Or you'll be super duper sorry!" Lady Wifi announced, "I want Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculouses so I can win! Forever and EVER!"

Just as the train stopped, the worst thing I could possibly imagine, happened. A bright light appeared next to me and started surrounding Théo.

To my heart's dread, my alter ego appeared next to me...a complete Copycat.

[Lol, I wish I can see your reactions😂]

Marinette ran out of the train the second the doors opened at a station. Lady Wifi chased after her, trying to stop her with her phone that could pause anything from a distance. Copycat tried to prance after the two, but before he could I held onto his tail with all my might.

Copycat growled at me in a little girl's voice, "I want to win!"

On different occasions, I would have outright burst in a series of laughs at Théo's vocal range and made a joke about his singing... but this wasn't Théo.

"Puppeteer, this is not a game!" I pleaded, "Let Marinette go."

"Not without those dolls!"

Copycat used his baton to trip me and jumped out of the train. I got up hurriedly and followed close behind, finding a place to transform into Chat Noir. My princess needed saving.

I found her before anyone else could. My advanced hearing and smell helped me track down Marinette— the sound of her light breathing and scent of pastries were all too familiar for me not to recognise. I followed her, hoping that Lady Wifi or Copycat did not get to her first.

She was making her way towards the staircase that lead to the streets of Paris. She'd be too vulnerable up there, however. Copycat was on the loose and— like mine— street smarts were his forte. I snaked my arms around her waist before she could reach the surface.

She gasped, "No... NO! LET GO OF—"

I covered her mouth with my hand and hugged her towards me. She kept kicking and punching me, thinking I was Copycat (or Puppeteer, whatever). I tried calming her down because if she didn't, the akumatized victims might be able to hear her.

"Marinette, it's me," I said repeatedly so that she wouldn't pulverise me.

She froze in recognition of my voice. I removed my hand from her mouth, stroking her bottom lips in the process. If I were Copycat, Marinette would've been hearing a little girl's voice and I would have demanded her to give me her dolls. After a long, silent moment, Princess held my arms in her own with a relieved sigh. She leaned back onto me and slumped her shoulders forward. Marinette then started to take deep breaths and mumbled 'Thank goodness' under her breath.

I held her tighter in my arms because I knew that, with two simple words, I was able to make her feel safe— it's me. It's me.

"I know that I usually tell you to go home during an akuma attack," I whispered in her ear, "but today is different."

She turned around so that she could face me. Marinette put her hands on my shoulders and gave me this familiar look. I couldn't help but stare back: I had not perceived that feeling since the last time I saw my mother... Marinette's blue-bell eyes sparkled from the bright light in the empty station.

"No one will harm you," I promised hesitantly.

"I– uh, thank you, Chat," she stammered.

Her gaze held an expression of gratitude, wonder and another thing... It could not have been adoration, could it? I mean, she loved Adrien: the part of me who modelled, played piano and fencing and spoke Chinese really well. Everyone loves that guy. Nobody would find a place in their heart to adore an annoying, less important cat.

For a second, I saw the pupils of Marinette's eyes expand towards her sapphire-blue irises. I had forgotten how long I had been observing the colour, but I do remember admiring it.

Looking down to her smooth lips, I realised that I hadn't really payed that much attention to Marinette's appearance or the way she looked at me. I always knew that she was exquisite, inside and out. It became so normal for me— I hadn't even mentioned it once. I was so indulged with Ladybug when, in actual fact, the true beauty was always right in front of me.

"Marinette," I said breathlessly, "I..."

I was speechless. She gave me a delicate smile which reminded me once again of my mother, telling me that she loved me and that everything will be okay. The silence throbbed around the two of us as if we were the only people in the world. I wanted to say something so captivating and wondrous to her; my mind was racing with compliments: you make me feel needed and special. I'd save you millions of times if that means that I can be with you. I want you to feel the same way I do... I love you.

In that moment, nothing mattered. Akuma attacks could've been raining down on us, Hawkmoth's powers could have gotten stronger, Ladybug could have been struggling— I wouldn't have cared less because it was just me and my princess, holding each other in our arms like it's the only choice we have.

But I know that we have chosen this and sending those letters was probably the best decision I'd made in my entire life.

"Kiss me, Chaton," she said.

Just like a knight to his princess, I obliged her order without hesitation.

~|~|~|~

A/N: this has been the shortest chapter so far (I'm so sorry— my life's a bit hectic at the moment) but the next one will be the longest 😏 I hope.

9~~ Body

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro