Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

July 2

Archie's Burgers and Breakfast was our favorite place in town for every meal. Remember two summers ago, when we ate so much Archie's that our parents banned us from going for a whole month? To them, it was fast food that would clog our arteries and make us fat.

To us, it was heaven on earth.

Which was why you convinced me to apply when our favorite waitress quit and left an opening.

That was in February.

I didn't hear back until the week before school let out.

And I couldn't even tell you.

Training lasted all of two days before Hank threw me into the dinner rush. Thankfully, I didn't make a complete fool of myself.

Since I started, the boys come pretty regularly to snack on free fries and watch me scramble around.

Today shouldn't have been any different.

Mikey texted me saying they'd stop by after the skate park with their appetites.

He didn't say they were bringing you.

You came into my sanctuary like you owned it, tainting every corner with the poisonous memory of how our friendship ended. Every word you said to me filled my mind, every pointed look shook me to the core.

Mikey said something, then Chief.

I wasn't listening.

I sent another girl to the table instead and ran out the back door.

Hank found me not two minutes later, but he took one look at my tear-stained face and told me to take my time. Hope would cover my tables until I was ready.

I couldn't tell him that I'd never be ready to face you. That seeing you destroys my walls. That hearing your voice shatters my heart.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro