36. Awake

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

When Jungkook flutter opened his eyelids, he found himself against a damp, creamy tiled concrete. Slowly rubbing his temples which were giving him a mild migraine, he stood up holding onto the nearest thing that came into his grasp. It didn't take him any longer to register where he was, in a washroom, in fact, in a school's washroom.

But before he could figure out why he was here, where were the others, why, when, and how he had put on a school uniform, the same navy-colored jacket, a matching vest, a long-sleeved collared white shirt, a checkered tie, and dress trousers as his middle school, suddenly there were shouts and cries, a lot of loud confusing noises. 

Gulping down the knot forming in his throat, when Jungkook turned the doorknob, which was surprisingly...hot, he was hit by a dreadful sight.

Even if he could see the flames raging right in front of his very eyes, even if he was encompassed by nothing but fire, his senses couldn't realize what was going on until someone bumped into him and made him jolt out his daze. 

"W-What happened? Why is everyone rushing out?!" Still puzzled, Jungkook asked stopping the same guy by his arms who had just crashed into him.

"Can't you see? A fire broke out!"

"Run!" 

The boy had already run away out of Jungkook's view after he received a hard push on his shoulder as a result.

Now panic started to build up in Jungkook's system, which was evident in his features as well. He scanned the place, there were screams all around which were creating full chaos, bellowed out thick smoke from all corners worsening the situation.

Jungkook hurried out following everyone else, his eyes widened when a chunky smoldered wooden slab blocked his way. He then dashed in opposite direction but the firestorm had already taken its toll.

Totally aghast, his insides were shrieking now.

"Help! Somebody help!"

His irises lighted up for an instant when his gaze landed on a little ray of hope in the dark tunnel, a window in one of the empty classrooms which thankfully didn't catch the fire yet. He glanced out of the window, the small shine in his eyes faded in just a second due to the height difference.

If he wasn't affected by the blaze then he would've surely broken his bones into innumerable pieces after bouncing off the window which seemed to be located on god knows how high and at which floor. 

A huge deafening blast startled him out terribly as he jumped out of his skin. Soon the walls, windows, doors, desks, everything was engulfed in burning flames. Jungkook was frozen on his spot as he took in the surroundings, everywhere he saw was the ravaging conflagration. 

That was it, there didn't seem to be an exit out of there. 

He was stuck.

His eyes instinctively fell on a round clock hanging on the wall, he couldn't help but wondered how it still slung up perfectly fine and the time it showed seemed oddly familiar...12:00.

Ignoring it and madly shoving away the desks in his way, he crouched down against the wall of one of the corners of the room. Hugging his knees close to his chest, and molding himself into a cocoon, he shielded his ears with both of his palms, tightly closed his eyes as he couldn't muster up the courage to look at the awful and petrifying scene. 

Flames, Flames Everywhere! 

His whole body was now trembling, he was completely horror-stricken, toxic fumes mercilessly started to clog into his lungs, causing him difficulty in breathing. It felt like the four walls were closing upon him, purposely choking him to death. He knew nothing could happen now, he was going to die to a lump of dead meat. Hot tears now glazed in his eyes, he had somehow accepted his fate. 

It was too late. It was too late now.

There was another abrupt explosion, leaving Jungkook shuddered as his heart palpitated at an unbearable pace.

Thud.

The half-destroyed fiery door collapsed. There raided a boy, Jungkook couldn't properly examine his face as the guy's skin was now grey and was covered with venomous exhaust from head to toe.

The boy then grabbed his hand. 

Namjoon grabbed his hand, which held an assurance for protecting him for the rest of their lives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung gently blinked his eyes ajar, his head was throbbing with stabbing pain, the world seemed to be spinning. Everything was hazy for a moment until the decorations came into his view.

Because of the light seeping through the curtains, he could tell it was daytime? 

Or...more specifically, was it 12:00?

A sleek and refined decor greeted him. Classic crystal chandeliers spiraled down from the arching ceiling, illuminating the glimmering golden walls. Exquisite roundtables were beautifully lined with lots of fresh carnations, each having ornated candelabras as the centerpieces. The framework of delicate purple and white lilacs was perfect and was providing the place such elegance. 

These types of decorations meant a single thing, a wedding.

An utter shock strikes Taehyung when he traced his hands over his clothes, he no longer wore his avatar's clothes, instead, he was dressed up in an all-charcoal suit.

Taehyung didn't know what to think. His head was throbbing and he didn't know why. Before he could even attempt to process anything, an announcement was made.

"Finally, today's main stars will enter. The guests should look towards the back for a little while."

"Now, with warm claps and cheering voices, let's greet them!"

"Groom and Bride, please enter."

Jimin with a custom-fit black tuxedo enters, a matching bow tie worn on his crisp white neatly tucked-in shirt, clusters of chrysanthemums with a spray rose, all wrapped in satin ribbon formed into a boutonnière was attached on the lapel of his tux without clashing with a white pocket square, paired with matte leather lace-ups, his dark hair elegantly sleeked back.

Wait, what. If Taehyung's jaw wasn't dislocated yet then it will surely be dropped down to the deepest pit of the floor after looking at the bride.

She wore a fluffy tulle that used to create gorgeous layers in a full skirt, a pretty flared mermaid gown with pearl linings that draped gracefully off-the-shoulder for adding drama to the sweetheart neckline, and a detailed scattering of sequins for a subtle shine. A pair of stunning sheer gloves complimented her flawless skin. The long trail of the wedding gown gave an illusion of a milky waterfall. 

Her make-up was kept minimal, with a subtle palette on her eyes and a hint of mascara, and rosy lips, nothing much, letting her dewy skin take the center stage. Her strands were gathered from the crown of her head and simply pinned back finishing into a low bun topped with a wreath of fabric rosebuds that echoed the white roses in her bouquet. She looked just...ethereal.

When a smile adorned her face, it didn't take even a mere second for Taehyung to recognize who she was.

"Moon?!" It was not his screaming, it was his mind and heart's screaming.

Why was he here was not the question anymore, it long ago got replaced by why was it all happening, and why he had to witness all of that!

"Let's give them a round of applause!"

With arms intertwined, bright and genuine smiles spread across their cheeks, and petals flew over from every side, the pair walked down the stage which was embellished by the same scenting purple lilacs. 

Taehyung's eyes were now red and swollen, filled with tears up to the brim, threatening to spill at any time, his heart was aching so much, so much that it never had been before. He could hear his own silent cries, suffocating with each breath he took, Stop, stop all this! But he just couldn't as if the voice refused to come out of his mouth.

Soon the vows were taken, the rings were exchanged. 

"Now, the sacred procedure of marriage is finished,"

"For the wedding of Groom Park Jimin and Bride Bae Moon, I deeply congratulate you."

Where on one hand Taehyung was miserably battling with his emotions, Jimin was looking like the happiest person ever as he cleared his throat before starting his speech.

"I'm a bit nervous... This is the first time I've had to make a Groom's speech."

It's every groom's first time. Moon slightly nudged him from the side as he instantly realized what he had just said upon which he definitely received giggles from everyone.

"On behalf of my wife and I, we'd like to thank you all for coming here today and sharing our special day with us and making it memorable."

"Father and Mother, thank you not only for your kindness but also for giving me your very beautiful daughter. I promise I'll take good care of her."

Jimin turned towards Moon as he held both of her hands in his, gently rubbing circles on the back of her hands, their eyes locking gazes. "Finally to my wife, I am absolutely delighted to stand here today with you; I never knew what was missing in my life before I met you. You've been a source of friendship, support, and love. Thank you for always being here for me, making me happy, and marrying me. You are more than I could ever have hoped for. My heart is ever at your service."

"I love you."

With this, they sealed their lips with the promise to love and honor each other until death do them apart.

Taehyung turned away as he couldn't bear it anymore. The tears were now effortlessly cascading down his cheeks. 

It probably would've not hurt that much if it weren't for the two of his best friends whom he loved with his all. 

His soul felt wafer-thin. The memories of her, the fun ones, the gloomy ones, the beautiful ones, all were that flame, but the rest was the ashes now. He felt vulnerable, so vulnerable that a gust would break him apart, in fact, not only be broken but shattered into fragments more numerous than the stars. The bitterness was rising like bile into his mouth and when she was gone he had no reasons to swallow it anymore.

"No, this is wrong, this is so wrong!" Taehyung dragged his steps backward.

"This is too worse to be true."

"No. I can't let this world take over everything away. It's not the one where my friends are in. It's not the one where she's in. They all are waiting for me."

"Yeah, I have to go." Without letting a mere thought manipulate his mind furthermore, he ran away. He wasn't sure whether the ground was shaking or not but all the settings around him started to fade away into a speck of dust.

Authors' Note:

So let me clear all this, actually, they were being played upon by the 'time', according to their extreme memories or fears, some were experiencing their past and some future. I hope now it all makes sense.

Also, I tried to describe a wedding, hope it was alright?

Thank you for reading! 

Jungkook's birthday is in few hours, I'm so excited woohoo, be ready, I might update "Bangtan Creations" soon~

Have a nice day/night! Take care, stay safe~

Purple you 💜💜💜

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro