Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You're still shining

You still smell like a flower

Now trust me, hold me again

So I can feel you, hold me."

-

The heavens broke to release a torrent of rain, a farewell shower to add to the bereavement.

The sight wasn't pleasing to watch at all.

"Come on get up, Moon," Taehyung stared at her all numb, teardrops staining his puffy, red cheeks, his whole body trembling as he was holding hers limp in his embrace. "You know this isn't the time for pulling a prank, huh?"

But to no avail. Moon didn't even move the slightest.

"Taehyung is right, Moon. If you're pretending to annoy us then I gave it to you this time. Now hurry, and open your eyes." Bee slithered close to Moon as she shook her body as tears started pooling in her eyes, threatening to spill anytime.

Still no response.

"She won't wake up, Bee. She won't." Hoseok who was already in tears kneeled next to her. His heart ached to say those words to her. But he knew, he knew that nothing could bring Moon back. She had really gone.

"Moon?!" After screaming her lungs out for the one last time, Bee broke into a stream of tears as she sobbed hard into Hoseok's chest as he stroked her softly, his chin resting atop her head.

While Jimin just looked blank as even if he didn't want to, the grieving atmosphere was slowly bringing him back to the reality, the harsh reality. He didn't know what to do. No words even came out of his mouth as he dropped on the cold, damp ground and started bawling his eyes out.

His head was hung low as he was suddenly having flashbacks of that one last interaction of her with Taehyung and was beginning to realize. To realize now that he was just a third wheel between them. It was he himself who was on the interrupting side, not Taehyung. He wasn't the one made for her. She loved Taehyung and only Taehyung. They both loved each other. They were made for each other.

Regret started to pool inside Jimin as he held himself responsible for all that happened. Only if he hadn't let his darkness take control over him, Moon would be alive, not as his lover but still at least as his dear friend.

Suppressing his sobs, Taehyung leaned, placing his head near to Moon's heart. His own heart was crying when it couldn't feel beating hers. How badly he wished that he could substitute her and take all the pain instead.

"If you won't wake up now then I will not talk to you ever!" Dread had already pooled Taehyung's system and was evident on his features as well as he carried the lifeless body of Moon in his lap. "For god's sake, please get up, Moon."

"Please get up!"

Taehyung cried and cried more as he nuzzled his face into her nape, her blood staining him all but he didn't care anymore.

"I-I know this is hard but we have to leave here, Taehyung." Yoongi's voice was firm and dry-coated with sorrow as he squeezed the former's shoulder. "You have to understand, s-she has gone for a better place."

"N-No. I-I won't leave her. Not like this." Taehyung sobbed as his breathing became labored and heavy. "She doesn't like being soaked in the rain. It's cold."

"She doesn't like it hyung!"

"She doesn't like it."

With those words, Taehyung's body crumpled with a course of hot tears as he bawled hugging her close tighter than ever.

Everyone was mourning upon their greatest loss when all of a sudden, a bolt of piercing lightning crackled in the sky.

Taehyung's cries halted for a second as he slowly separated himself from Moon, feeling a snowdrop hit him.

Completely in a perplexed state, Taehyung stared towards the open sky, and eventually, the rain had turned into snowfall.

To everyone's surprise, Moon's deep-wound began to heal gradually.

The rest of them didn't think anything more or less and automatically gathered in a circle around Moon and Taehyung.

Their eyes now glowed with their respective colors as with their teeth gritted all of them opened their arms wide and began to summon the sky with all of the powers they possessed.

"Come on."

Taehyung's brain was trying hard to process everything and honestly, he didn't know what was happening but he somehow felt right to join them and he did so.

There was a streak of bright colors that could be seen everywhere, from glittering golden, orange, yellow, white, grey, emerald to brilliant magenta and purple.

The snow crystals began to pour more heavily with each passing second.

By that time, all eight-colored mixed beams collected up in the dark, gloomy sky in the form of a huge, dazzling energy sphere and the next moment, it burst with a flash, all the different hues spilling into the sky.

All went silent.

Everyone watched in anticipation when the heavens bestowed and cast a streak of magical blue rays upon Moon's limp form.

It was an utterly shocking moment when the ice power bearer open her eyes slowly as she came back to life with a loud gasp.

"Moon!!" Taehyung didn't need to think twice about his next move. His feet had already carried him to her body in a split second.

He didn't say or hear anything, instead, he just took Moon in his embrace and began to cry like a child.

"Yah! We thought we lost you!" Bee had broken into a fresh batch of tears as well as she crashed herself upon her, not caring if Taehyung was already hugging her.

Gradually, everyone joined them in a group hug as they cried together the tears of happiness.

"U-Um guys, I-I think I need some air." Moon's voice came small from between all the piled up bodies upon her as she was literally getting choked now.

"Oh, right!" All the eight separated themselves apart real quick, immediately providing her some space to breathe.

"Take deep breaths," Moon proceeded as she was told by Taehyung who still looked concerned just as if a mother would be.

"Breathe in."

"Breath out."

"Are you alright?" Moon slightly shook at her place when all the other voices came in unison.

Moon nodded slowly as she still looked a bit weak.

"You can tell everyone, not me. I'm not leaving you ever!"

With that, Taehyung cuddled Moon in his arms for the nth time as if she would disappear if he let go. He buried his face into her nape, his breathing getting calmer with each second. "Tae, I—"

"Shh...Don't say anything, just stay like this for a bit longer."

There was something so warm in that embrace, something that felt right, smelt right. Moon let her body sag, her muscles became loose as she lost herself in his touch.

After a few moments of feeling the warmth, they separated with each of their hearts throbbing inside their chests.

The rain had long replaced with the clear night sky with brights stars hanging up there.

There they stood, with Taehyung holding both of her hands in his own as he gently caressed her knuckles. The crimson hue never left either of their faces as they'd never felt anything like this before.

Moon couldn't help herself either from drowning into his soft yet intense eyes— ironic for someone who could manipulate water with just a mere movement of her fingertip.

"I know you love reading the stories, right?" Taehyung's voice was deep yet soft as he patiently waited for her response.

Getting a bit confused at first, Moon nodded at him fondly as she couldn't take her eyes off him.

"So, I want to be a part of your page."

"I want to interfere in your story. As your friend."

"As your lover."

"Would you let me?"

Moon didn't realize when the tears started to shine in her eyes as she took in his words.

Was she happy?

Yeah.

Was she in denial?

Yeah.

Did she feel like the happiest person in the world who was swimming through the clouds and listening to the doves sing?

Hell Yeah!

Moon now got to know what having the butterflies in the stomach meant.

"Yes, I give you the permission," An adorable smile never left Moon's lips as she suddenly felt a surge of emotions inside her. "Be my lover for always, be the favorite character in my story, be my poem, my heart song, the one I long to touch and feel safe with."

The feeling that Taehyung had after hearing those words was something out of the world.

A silence came over. No one said anything, their gazes were enough to speak louder than the words.

Taehyung's face inched closer, eyes hooded as he glanced at her rosy lips. One of his hands cupped her face, her eyes closed leaning into his soft touch. His hand curled around her waist, locking every proximity between.

The next moment Moon's heart throbbed wildly in her chest when she felt him brush her hair back and press his lips against her own.

Then was what, they found themselves lost in their own love maze, forgetting everything and everyone around. His hands were gently in her hair, hers wrapped over his neck.

Moon's delicate lips felt like peaches and creams against his own as he deepened the kiss, his fingers tracing her jawline. It felt so perfect as if they were carved for each other.

And just like that, they were bound in a kiss that was so tender that the world should stop on its axis and take note of their love. Above were the twinkling stars to witness their love.

"I love you." Taehyung's voice was husky as he spoke through the kiss, attaching their foreheads, his hot breath mingling with hers.

"I love you too, Tae. I love you so much!"

With that, their thin lips brushed against each other once again, savoring the sweet taste.

"Let's fulfill our promise now."

Perhaps the hope had been there for both of them all along, but without some love, it was trapped, like crystals in a stone.

-

"We didn't see anything." Bee's voice steers Taehyung and Moon out of their reverie.

They immediately turned around to find everyone standing with their backs facing.

Both of their faces were now resembling ripe cherries as they found themselves caught in such an embarrassing situation. How they forgot the presence of everyone still around.

Taehyung slowly averted his gaze only to met Jimin's, guilt instantly taking over him. But it subtle down with a smile quickly when Jimin showed him his own, a smile which provided assurance.

Truthfully, Jimin was happy.

Although, it still hurt a bit as it would take a little longer for his heart to mend and cope with the situations but he was happy for them.

A warm smile grazed Jimin's lips when he saw a glimpse of his replica who had a proud smile put on his face before he faded away, leaving the sparkling magenta mist behind.

There the team of nine members stood by each other's side, who had travelled a long journey, facing and overcoming all the troubles in their way. They all were covered in wounds but together, they were each other's brightest stars.

In the end, they together did change the script of their lives.

-

Soon, a greatest of celebratory fireworks exploded into the air as the holographic screen flashed for the one last time—

The Winners!

Congratulations for successfully completing all the nine levels and marking the end of this game.

The world of Zendar will always be waiting for you...

The end.

Author's Note:

Finally, it is the end and I can't put it into words what I'm feeling right now.

Thank you so much for tugging along with me throughout this beautiful journey.

Also, please anticipate for the epilogue!  

💜 You!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro