3 | Invisible

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

*Blue's POV*

As soon as I got home, I saw that my mom was in the living room, watching some bad show while drinking more sherry. I tried to pass by her, undetected but she screamed at me to get over there.

So I did.

You should know that if a drunken is beckoning you and no one is around to save you (no one ever is for me) then you don't really have a choice. I neared closer to her and stopped in front of her, looking at the floor. I noticed giant splotches of red wine on the carpet. How much had she been drinking?

"Where were you day?" My mom slurred, her eyes rolling.

"At school."

"Whatyou do?"

"Nothing important. Just got a tutor."

"A what? A TUTOR?" I gasped as mom threw the half empty bottle of beer at the wall, and it shattered to smithereens leaving shards of glass and beer all over the floor.

"Are you seriously stuuuupid enough to desssserve a t-tutor?"

"Mom, I'm not that-"

"Well, if you not stupid the what are you? Huh?"

"I-"

"Childish? Brat? Sstupid? Idiot? I would disown you if I could. Your father wasam idiot. Just llleke you. Get out of my sight, you fugly ifiot!" I screamed as mom chucked a full bottle of sherry at my head. It landed on the tiled kitchen floor, and tears started streaming down my cheeks. Why was I crying? Wasn't I used to this?

"No one is here to saveyou, of that's what you're waiting for. Thassright, get out!"

I started sobbing and I ran to bedroom, slamming the door closed and locking myself in my closet. In the darkness, I cried and sobbed as hard as I could. It didn't help. I knew I was ugly, on the inside. I was all those things she mentioned.

No one was here to save me. And I highly doubt anyone would even care.

Beep beep.

I looked down and noticed my phone was ringing. It was Chase. Oh god, no. I thought as I pulled it out.

"H-hello?" I asked, sniffling.

"Hey, Blue. Almost there, can you wait outside?" For some reason the sound of his voice made me feel better. I answered yes, and once I hung up, sobbed my way down the stairs and out into the cold air. Huddling myself together, I tried to stop crying. But the tears wouldn't stop streaming.

Stop crying, you big baby! I took deep breaths, focused on other things, but nothing worked. I kept sobbing quietly, hugging myself, waiting right next to the house, leaning against the stairwell.

Just as I was wiping more tears away, I saw a car pull up and raised my eyebrows. I had never seen a model like this before, but when I saw Chase roll down a window and wave at me, I got the hint.

I tried to advert my tear streaked, pale face away from him as I climbed into the car, but I could tell by Chase's expression that he saw.

"Hey, are you... Oka-"

"I'm fine Chase. Don't worry about it." I blurted and rolled down my window, letting the cool air dance against my face, hopefully drying the remaining tears. Chase didn't say anything to me again, and I was thankful for that.

I didn't think I would be able to say anything without breaking out in tears again. But why would he care? He doesn't know what goes on. How many times I've almost died by a glass bottle. How many times I've ended up going to the police because my mom was trying to murder the neighbors. He didn't know me. And he certainly, never would.

He doesn't know how hard it is to keep a straight face on all day. That mask, the one I put on everyday? Sure, it doesn't crack, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. No one knows. No one knows what really goes on with me.

And if I get Chase involved, if he tries to help me, well, it's just going to get worse. My mom never quits. And I don't think she ever will.

All these thoughts swirling around captivated my mind until we pulled up to a giant mansion. Was Chase a billionaire? As he parked the car (no, the car parked itself?)  I gaped up at the house.

"Yeah, I know, it's huge. My father is Donald Davenport."

"The name rings a bell."

As I walked inside the house, I couldn't help but notice how nice it looked compared to mine... Then again, mine is full of wine and sherry stains.

And broken glass.

As Chase and I walked in, I noticed that Leo kid at what looked to be the kitchen and once he saw me he smirked. "Chase, you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend."

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. Chase started stuttering that he was only my tutor. Why is he so nervous? It doesn't mean anything. We aren't even friends. And for the record, never will be. I don't even want to be here.

Even though I knew, deep down, I truly did.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro