Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[][][][][]

She applied some antiseptic on his wounds gently after washing them with wet cotton. Chris was still in a state of shock at this random girls' care. No one bothered to ask him if he was alright after his mother died and now, she was asking, "Are you okay?" she asked with her soft voice. She finally asked the question which was long overdue.

Chris didn't reply, he just stared at anything but her as she finished tending to his wounds.

"Of course you're not, what am I asking?" She muttered to herself and started the car, driving towards the outskirts of town.

"W-what's y-your name?" Chris stuttered, still not looking at her. But he could feel her surprised gaze on him. He turned to look at her and was met with wide green eyes. He rose his eyebrows and she quickly composed herself and returned her attention to the road.

"Um, I'm sorry. It's just that, I haven't heard you speak and thought it would be tough to get you to do so. And I'm Kaya, Chris. New to town and senior at school." She said and he noticed the small smile she possessed.

Chris nodded to himself and stared outside the window. 'Kaya' he lip synced and a small smile took over his features.

He didn't ask her where she was taking him, he just observed the scenery which was quick in being replaced by another as they were speeding. Soon, he noticed that they were out of town and it's been more than half an hour since they started. He turned and look at Kaya, and she knew what he was going to ask.

"Don't worry. We're going somewhere safe. A place in my old town. It's not too far. We'll be there in no more than fifteen minutes." She said and smiled at him. A genuine one. A sight he rarely saw. Hardly anyone smiles around him.

But looking at Kaya, he realized something. He felt something. 

Hope.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness. And Chris can see a ray and he wants to grab it once it's close enough.

But can a ray of light, surrounded with darkness be grabbed? Maybe it's just an illusion he can never hold on to.

Chris is scared to find out.

[][][][][]

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro