Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[][][][][]

"I would like to speak with Chris for a while if you don't mind." Ms Emerald told Mr Anderson who nodded his head in response.

"Of course." He said and Chris stood up to follow the cop.

"Um, do you mind if I join?" Kaya asked, curious on what Ms Emarald wanted to talk about, and Ms Emerald just gestured for her to come along. Once they were in the parking lot, all three sat on a circular bench under a tree and Ms Emerald took a deep, nervous breath before starting.

"So, your father is behind the bars, but, is there anyone who would want to bail him out?" She asked shocking both Chris and Kaya.

"He can be bailed?" Kaya asked with surprise and the Ms Emerald nodded sadly. She turned to face Chris again.

"It's a high amount though. But is there anyone who would willingly bail him out?" Chris shook his head to Kaya's relief.

"As far as I know, my grandparents are dead, he doesn't have siblings and since he's always drunk, I assume he wouldn't have friends either." Ms Emerald nodded with a sigh of relief, content with Chris's answer.

"And also, your father was not in the right state of mind since your mothers death. He was psychologically troubled Chris." She said and Chris again, was a bit shocked again, though it explained why his father was very abusive. "And you'll have to be shifted to a foster home as you are still under eighteen. You have to sign a few documents." And this was something Chris hasn't thought about. He was still a minor.

"Can't I just live on my own? I have a part time job and I'll turn seventeen in two months." Chris reasoned and Ms Emerald shook her head.

"But listen, I, um, I'm a single mom and my daughter is still in third grade...so, um..." She trailed of and Chris felt Kaya perk up beside him.

"I would love to adopt you Chris." She said all of a sudden, surprising him. "Only if you want to live with us." She added quickly and Chris just sat there, trying to grasp the information. Everything is going on so fast and Chris doesn't know how to respond. It was getting difficult to separate reality from a day dream.

Looking at Chris confused, Lara smiled, "It's okay. Take your time and just think about it. Okay? I have somewhere else to be." She said and gave Kaya and Chris a final smile before going to her car and driving off.

Next to him, Kaya jumped in excitement.

"OH MY GOD CHRIS!" She screamed before crushing him in a hug. "Lara Emerald just asked you if you want to live with her." She joyously stated and Chris smiled at how excited she was for him. "You have to go. She's nice and you'll have a good time with her." Kaya said and Chris just smiled in thought. Kaya is far more happy for Chris than Chris was for himself.

"I just need some time." He said and Kaya nodded. 

"Fine" she said, "But she's good and you will finally have a normal life."

All this was overwhelming for Chris to handle.

It's like all of a sudden, normalcy and joy were knocking at Chris's door and all he has to do is let them in. But he's scared they'll disappear as soon as they enter.

Chris just knows its time to start something new and trust in the magic of beginnings. Trust being the key word.

[][][][][]

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro