Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[][][][][]

Kaya's POV

The fair was lively.

Very colourful and cheerful with small kids running around, licking their candies and couples having a great time. Just as Kaya remembered it. 

The last time she came here was exactly an year ago. With Matt. And she's really happy to come back again and this time with Chris. He was healthier, leaner and happier. And it made her so proud.

She looked at Chris only to notice that he was fidgeting with his sleeves. A sign of feeling uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" She asked and Chris looked at her, a light shade of pink coating his cheeks.

"It's just that, um, the last time I've been to a fair like this, I was... with my mother." He stuttered cutely and Kaya just grabbed his hand and smiled up at him.

"So now, you're with me. It's going to be amazing." She said reassuringly, grinning at him. He nodded with a smile and started walking with Kaya trailing behind.

They went to all the rides the fair had to offer. And then, as cliche as it sounds, Kaya kissed Chris when they were on the Ferris wheel, right when it was at its highest, overlooking the town in all its colorful and illuminated glory.

It was amazing. It felt exactly like how it was with Matt. Actually, though it hurt to think, it was even better. And she knew this is where she wanted to be all the time. With him. Supporting him.

Her day was perfect and Kaya is glad she spent it with Chris. A perfect day has nothing to do with the weather or what she is doing. A perfect day is when someone is with the right person and she knew Chris was the right person.

She wouldn't exchange him for the world.

Chris then guided her to his favorite restaurant which was next to his workplace later and it was one at night by the time they returned home, Kaya completely exhausted physically and emotionally and Chris, sleepy and tired as well.

But as they opened the front door, their exhaustion and sleep vanished and their expressions turned to that of horror when they found what was in store for them. Or rather who.

The one person they didn't expect, was sitting on the living room couch with a bottle of liquor in hand and a deadly expression promising terror.

[][][][][]

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro