Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[][][][][]

Chris looked at the almost filled church and got nervous, but just closed his eyes and started speaking his heart. He did prepare a speech, but forgot everything he memorized the minute he stepped on the small podium.

"The only word I can use to describe Kaya is 'strong'. She was the strongest and the kindest girl I've ever seen. She was brave, courageous, very supportive and always carried this... this positive aura around her that would make everyone forget who they were. She was always there for me when no one was." He said, sniffing.

"Yes, we've not known her for long, but she still made her way into my heart. She was my savior, my knight in shining armor, my strength, she was my light. She taught me how to live, what to live for and... And then, just like she came, she was gone. She left me. She left all of us." Chris looked at everyone intently. Everyone who used to criticize him, just stared at him, listening to every word he spoke.

"Talking to Kaya made my day. I smiled for the first time in years because of her. I laughed because of her. I used to wake up to meet her and I didn't realize any of this until now. Until I suddenly woke up and she wasn't there smiling at me anymore. 

"The light shines in the darkness. And no amount of darkness can extinguish it. She is always my light. And I'm sure she's helped a lot of you here and we'll always remember her for being the light." He said, remembering that many of the teens from her previous orphanage, who were here, knew her for years now.

Chris turned to look at the coffin. At Kaya.

She had a navy blue dress on, her skin pale and her eyes closed. She looked so peaceful. So beautiful. Chris smiled, he was probably the only one smiling in the church, but Kaya was a girl who was done with tears in her life and Chris knew she wouldn't want to be surrounded by them. He might be here, standing and staring at her lifeless body in the coffin, but she took him away with her.

"One day, I'll fulfill what you wanted to do. I'll save people like us." He whispered, a smile still on his face, as he looked at her pleasant and still form. 

"I love you." He whispered out aloud to her for the first time and walked down the three steps and left the church through the back door.

Everything was as it is outside. Nothing had changed in this world because of a single innocent death. His father was locked up for life and other than that, every thing was normal.

The sky was still blue and the grass was still green.

But for Chris, everything changed. He knew what would happen now.

Those we love, don't go away. They walked beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed, but always in our heart. Kaya taught Chris something, and Chris knew that now, it was time to share what she thought him.

So, a smile still etched on his face, Chris closed his eyes and took in a deep breath of fresh air and when he opened, he saw Kaya smiling at him, her eyes shining with pride and joy.

And then he walked away. Not into the darkness.

No.

He walked into the light Kaya created for him.

THE END

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro