41: Louis; Continued

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You didn't bare your fangs at Juno yesterday either." Louis noted.

"Females don't like conflict."

"Don't brush it off with sex reasoning." Louis quickly recaptured the conversation. "You, what, headbutted her off of me and then left? What if she had decided to devour me after you left? What was the point?"

"I don't know..." You sighed. "I don't like sitting on the sidelines while other people get hurt."

"You care if Legoshi gets hurt by her?"

"I care if anyone does." You asserted. "Not just him. She's the one who brought him up by name."

"It's unfortunate for you that your friend Pina is such a gossip." Louis let out another bombshell.

"Oh my godddd," You whined and flung your head back. "I cannot get a freaking break! What did that blabber mouth say this time?!"

"You know, we can always see your fangs, but no one is scared of you." Louis changed the subject back to teeth. "Why is that? It's not your omnivorous nature. Is it because you're always with herbivores?"

"I'm not. I talk to Bill and Fudge and I've been around other carnivores a few times when I hang out with them. Sheila and Tao, Aoba and some others..."

"Are you scared of them?"

"Of my friends? No, not even a little. I get scared for them sometimes, but I'm never scared of them. Like Pina could ever hurt me with his curly horns..."

"I meant the large carnivores, my god woman, are you so clueless?" Louis put his hands on his face. "I can hardly even make you uncomfortable because you're so oblivious!"

"I'm always uncomfortable..." You admitted. "I don't really belong anywhere too strongly, so I just... I'm just myself?"

"It's endearing. I apologize I never introduced myself formally to you. Once you placed yourself in the stage crew, there wasn't much of a reason."

"What do you want from me?" You asked quickly. Louis was slightly taken aback that you went on the defense so quickly from an apology.

"I... I merely apologized for being rude..." He didn't like the sudden shift from being almost familiar to as if he were the carnivore attacking you.

"Someone like you would never apologize without a reason." You pulled your legs up to your chin. "It's weak."

"You just apologized to me for helping me!" Louis' eyes looked genuine and for just a few seconds, you saw the eighteen-year-old behind the persona of the future Beastar. And it made you laugh a bit. "What, for fuck's sake, are you laughing at now!?"

"I forget you're not old. You're like, eighteen, right? I always think you're like my dad's age."

He shook his head at you and ignored the insult.

"Anyways. We can pretend you have no feelings for Legoshi. That's fine. I do an awful lot of pretending."

"Yeah, you're an actor."

Louis rolled his  eyes back in his head.

"What I'm TRYING to say is that I have misjudged you. I can see what some of the others see in you. Why they want you to get what you want so badly. So I'm going to help you, just a bit." He sighed. "What I say does not leave this room, do I make myself clear?"

"Yeah, if you don't talk loudly probably some people won't hear it. You have to whisper if you don't want animals like Bill and Legoshi to hear though. If they're right outside the door, it's pretty easy to hear."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro