• 23 •

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The first half of Sunday flew by for Aditi. She had decided to do some local site seeing of the city. She had purchased a few things from the markets. One of them being a shirt for Karan. It was the first time she had purchased a garment for him, she hoped he liked it. It was a pale light blue color. She thought it would look nice on him. 

After catching a nap in the evening, she decided to ring up Karan. From his messages in the morning it seemed like he had a cleaning day today. On second thoughts, she decided to cook dinner first and then call, lest she should be lazy later. 

Grooving to bollywood music, Aditi made an exotic dinner for herself. Lasagna. She could already hear Karan's cribbing voice when she told him that she had made lasagna for Sunday dinner. 

It was a little past seven when Aditi finally dialed his number. 

"Hey!" 

Aditi smiled instantly hearing his voice. It did something to her heart. Her smile faded hearing the music behind. 

"What are you listening to?"

"Uh, I don't know. Ayub was playing music." 

"Oh, having a boys night again?" Aditi asked curiously.

"Nah, not really. It was supposed to be... but then Natasha didn't agree so, it's well, a small get together party kind."

"At our home?"

"Yep! Ordered pizza and drinks."

"Wow," Aditi uttered. Her happy mood had turned sour. Why didn't he tell her about the party? No wonder, he was at home today, cleaning!

"Yeah, sort of happened suddenly. The sink is there, sorry. So yeah, it was supposed to be a small group but then ended up being fifteen people."

"Nice." Aditi said, trying to sound cheerful. 

"Karan, come on we're playing the dance challenge."  Came a voice from the other side. Aditi shut her eyes, irritated. It wasn't hard to guess that was Preeti. She had a peculiar way of saying 'Karan' with a long stretch of the K.

"Preeti, right?" Aditi found herself saying, as jealousy brewed.

"Yeah, wait a minute. Preeti, carry on, I will be there in two."

"What's this?" Came Preeti's voice. "I didn't know you were a suits fan."

"That's Aditi's cup!" Karan answered.

"Oh, understandable. Come soon babe!" She said.

Aditi heard a deep breath and then Karan's voice, "Adu, --"

"I think you should be a good host. I will talk to you later, tomorrow!" Aditi said softly. She didn't know why she felt hurt. 

"Are you pissed?" He asked.

"No, why would I be ... we'll talk later, okay. Bye! Have fun!"

"Cool, bye!" 

Aditi tossed her phone aside and grabbed the cushion, hugging it. Maybe, love was something else. This couldn't be love, could it? He was supposed to understand the unspoken if he loved her, right? She scoffed, angry at herself. She was Karan's wife not his lifeline that he wouldn't be able to exist without her. She always got hurt investing herself in other people, she didn't know why she thought Karan could be an exception. 

Monday passed awfully slowly. Karan had texted last night, but Aditi had put herself offline and dropped a text in the morning saying she was heading to office and would talk later. But truth was, she was still annoyed and didn't want to talk to him. 

She stared at the screen of their texts.

Karan:

Reached home?

Cooking?

Aditi :

Yep, will call later.

Karan:

Done with dinner?

Aditi:

Yes. You?

Karan: 

Just made fried rice. 

Call?

Aditi:

Have a sync up with US team. Will talk tomorrow.

Karan: 

Okay :(

Miss you!

Aditi had lied. There was no meeting with US team members. She was just dodging. She was pissed at him and it wouldn't take  her a minute to snap if they spoke. He knew she didn't like Preeti. Why invite her when your wife's not home? Fine, he had more guests over. But still it didn't go well with Aditi. Who the he'll was Preeti to touch her cup or parade her kitchen or comment on her customized cups?

Tuesday rolled away just like Monday. Aditi missed his texts. Was he busy or was he returning her cold attitude? She didn't know and didn't bother to text him. She had decided to stop spending every living minute thinking about him. However, it didn't work out that way. She constantly kept thinking about him. 

She had barely stepped out of the elevator on her floor when her phone beeped. She plucked it out of her bag instantly, only to be disappointed. It was a text from her mobile network provider. 

10 : 03 pm | Tuesday 

✉ Aditi || Karan ✉

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Karan :

Knock knock. My wife is missing!

Aditi :

Your wife had a busy day.

Karan :

Thanks for letting me know. 

Can you also tell me why is she avoiding me?

Aditi :

She is not avoiding you.

Karan :

Tell her, I miss her warmth.

Aditi :

Okay.

Karan: 

Tell her, that I miss her too.

Aditi:

Okay.

Karan:

Tell her to talk to me or I will go mad.

Aditi: 

O.k.

📞--- Karan calling ---📞

~~~ 1 missed call ~~~ 

Karan:

Adu! Stop this, please. Why didn't you pick up my call?

Aditi : 

Sleepy.

Karan:

Fine! Bye.

Aditi was moved to tears reading that. She was dying to hear his voice but she wanted to make him feel what she felt. She stared at the mobile screen hoping he would call again. After ten minutes rolled by, she decided to drop a text message. 

Good night!

Karan:

You're dying to talk to me, sweetheart!

Aditi held her tears back and glared at her screen. This man was annoying. She wasn't going to reply to that. 

Karan :

You are very stubborn, aren't you?

Why are you mad? At least tell me that.

📞--- Karan calling ---📞

"What?"

"Finally! I missed you."

"I want to sleep."

"Your voice sounds weird. Do you have a cold?"

"No. Can I sleep?"

"Are you on your pre-periods or something?"

"..."

"Hello? You there?"

"I need to sleep."

"Drop it. Can we talk? Why are you on your mood swing? Is it Preeti again?"

"So you have  a brain that you use."

*chuckles* 

"You reek of jealousy."

"Is this why you called?"

"Aditi, are you serious? It was just a party a last minute party at home, there were other guests too."

"Okay."

"Jeez. Aditi, why are you upset over it?" 

"You're right. It's pointless. Sorry."

📱--- Karan's video call --📱

"Are you crying?"

"No."

"Why are you in the dark?"

"Was trying to sleep."

"I am sorry, okay?"

"For what, Karan?"

"I didn't know you were so sensitive..."

"I am not."

"TALK TO ME, please!"

"I am..."

*sighs* 

"I don't understand why are you so bothered about Preeti. She's my friend, like Natasha is."

"Because she--"

"Go ahead complete it, she what?"

"She likes you."

"Rubbish. She's my friend. We've gone to the same school and same college. She's just a close friend, we've practically grown up together."

"Who doesn't miss a chance to flirt with you, and looks at you like you're her favorite eye candy."  She snapped.

"Aditi, let's make this clear, okay? Preeti is a friend and she can't be more than that okay?"

"Why are you so defensive about her?"

"I am not. It's just that, my friends mean a lot to me. We all have been together for a lot of years."

"I understand. But Karan, I am not mad to simply point fingers at anybody."

"Had she said anything to you?" He asked exasperated.

"No. But ...

"Do you trust me, Aditi ?"

"I do."

"Then hear me out, okay. Preeti and I had a past."

"You what!" She exclaimed.

"Listen." He sighed. "We hooked up in college, okay. We were in first year and--"

"I don't want to know. And after all this, you think I am the one who is being ridiculous."

"Can you stop snapping? It was just a fling. She loved another guy. He died in a car accident when we were in second year. She's not what you see on the surface. She acts like that but deep down she is still not over Vikram. I am not going to deny that, I and her did have a physical relationship when were in first year. It was really nothing but just friends with benefits. We used to be close and then one day lust got in the way. She wanted experience before she dated Vikram because that guy was a screwed up case who liked bold girls. I know, this is the worst way I could tell you this... but I don't want you to be upset Aditi. And I most definitely don't want you to ignore me."

*sighs*

"Aditi?"

"I don't know what to say, Karan."

"Please don't be mad at me."

"I feel insecure..."

"You really don't have to. Preeti is only my good friend. Over the years our friendship became loose. I love you, Aditi."

*snifs*

"Adu? Can you please switch on the light?"

"I don't want you to  see me, not right now."

"You're crying?"

"No.Let me sleep over it."

*sighs*

"Okay. Good Night!"

"Good night."

"Take care."

"You too!"

And they hit the first rough patch in their relationship. Would like to know your thoughts on this chapter. 

-Anami!♡

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro