33. Too Much

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ji Won's pregnancy had blossomed into its second trimester causing her belly to be very obvious, round and cute, due to the twins, which Soo Hyun had claimed it his favorite post-work pillow. After weeks, Mrs. Kim had come back to their house after the foundation of the nursery was finished, and started to embrace a new rhythm: morning yoga, afternoon gardening, and evening piano. Each day was a gentle celebration of their expanding family.

Mornings were a sacred ritual for Ji Won. She enjoyed bathing herself in the early sunlight, inhaling the fresh air, and letting the breeze caress her face on their balcony. With the great support of her instructor, spinal pain left little impact on her throughout the whole gestation, and also supported her sleep at night.

Soo Hyun's birthday marked a green revolution on their rooftop as Ji Won then spent abundant time planting organic veggies and herbs to ensure her clean sources of nutrition. That was how much she cared about their babies, who turned a homebody Kim Ji Won, since then, into a professional cultivator, she wouldn't mind rolling up her sleeves and spending hours outside to dip her hands in soil. Soo Hyun, an overthinker, had thoughtfully installed the tower pots to support his wife's new hobby.

Mr. Kim also found his new source of everyday joy in coming home to Ji Won's mesmerizing melody, no wonder why their babies were also excited from the inside. Soo Hyun got to request the songs he wanted, and the twins would take it just the same as him. Ji Won pleasantly ran her fingers on the keys while couldn't help but feel much grateful for their connections, between husband and wife, and between parents and children.

—-----------------------------------------------------

One afternoon, it was time for her periodic checkup. Ji Won had put some effort in visualizing the baby shower party recently, so after thoughts, she reached out to her phone.

"Ji Soo, are you having some time? I am heading out for a checkup", Ji Won shot a message

"Wrapping up my interview. I can see you at the hospital in like an hour", Ji Soo quickly replied

Soo Hyun carefully drove her to the place before leaving her on Ji Soo. As excited as her, Soo Hyun was so curious about their twins' gender. He sincerely hoped for two girls, thinking how they would all be the mini Ji Won, and that would make him the proudest person on earth to embrace not just one, but three Kim Ji Won.

The checkup went smoothly, and as expected, everything looks good on her second trimester. Ji Soo, who volunteered to organize their baby shower, had prepared an envelope for Dr. Lee's convenience to secure the gender information before they left. Ji Won swore to God that she could give Ji Soo the world just to disclose such information, but with her very last bit of patience, she finally decided to keep this thrill to share with Soo Hyun later.

Back in the house, the second after she opened the envelope, IU received a call, "OMG you wouldn't believe what I am about to say. Ji Won's twins are a boy and a girl"

"Unbelievable! That's amazing", IU exclaimed

"I am thinking to organize their baby shower a week before your wedding at their beach house", Ji Soo went on, "then we can all stay longer to help you prepare for the wedding right after"

"Sounds perfect to me! Gomawo", IU agreed immediately, and that was how thing progressed

—------------------------------------------------------

The venue proposal was approved immediately by the Kims, and Ji Won's family also flew halfway around the globe back to attend. Soo Hyun totally bought the idea of celebrating such an event at where things all started. A sunny day in June, Ji Soo and Hae In had spent hours directing the construction for the baby shower event, about which they all agreed to keep it intimate. Since the twins were the best of both worlds, Ji Soo purposely chose to go with the beige decoration with lots of plush toys and balloons to challenge the guest's guessing game.

Leaving the party to Ji Soo, Mrs. Kim, meanwhile, was struggling to stop her husband from his bulk orders of baby stuff. Soo Hyun's shopping sprees for baby supplies were spiraling out of control.

"Kim Soo Hyun-ssi, we haven't known about the genders yet", Ji Won protested, "and the room is already packed"

"Ani~ We have an extra room that can be converted into storage, these are all within my calculation", Soo Hyun replied, undeterred as he unpacked another box.

Ji Won's helpless gaze explained the whole circumstance. Nonetheless, things were easier said than done. Mrs. Kim was no better than her partner. Instead of buying in bulk order, everywhere she went would have a random item follow her home, about which she proactively pictured its useful scenario. They both couldn't control the pleasure of becoming first-time parents.

----------------------------------------------------

Soon enough, they all found themselves standing by the shore to savor the summer ocean breeze, a refreshing moment. The couple was surrounded by their most beloved family members and friends to witness the important moment.

The sky was painted with the soft hues of an impending sunset as the intimate baby shower party by the beach began. The tranquil sounds of waves crashing gently against the shore created a serene atmosphere, setting the perfect backdrop for a celebration filled with love and anticipation. The setting was both elegant and playful, with decorations carefully chosen to maintain a neutral palette, adding an element of mystery and excitement for the guests.

The area was adorned with creamy whites, soft grays, and delicate beiges, creating an inviting and sophisticated ambiance. Large, white draped canopies provided shade, and under them were tables covered in light linen cloths with centerpieces made of white hydrangeas and baby's breath in mason jars. Strands of twinkling fairy lights were hung around the canopies and along the palm trees, casting a warm glow as the evening approached. Balloons in shades of white, ivory, and silver floated gracefully in the breeze, tied to the legs of the tables and chairs.

The gender guessing game was a key highlight, and tiny chalkboards with question marks on them were placed strategically, encouraging guests to make their best guesses about the twins' genders. Small baskets with pink and blue ribbons were provided for guests to cast their votes. Both Ji Won's parents and Soo Hyun's mom were thrilled on their bet for the grandchildren's gender.

The expectant parents, Soo Hyun and Ji Won, looked radiant. Ji Won wore a straight, white dress that accentuated her glow, while Soo Hyun looked dapper in a light linen shirt and khaki pants. They mingled with their closest friends and family, their faces beaming with happiness.

"How are you feeling, baby?", Soo Hyun took Ji Won in his arms before heading out to the party ground

"Nervous", Ji Won smiled, "Not gonna lie, I thought about bribing Ji Soo for a sneak peak, but then decided to share that moment of truth with you"

"It's my honor haha. Okay gaja", Soo Hyun let his wife's arm link to his.

Ji Soo, the couple's MVP and an experienced idol, mastered the script. "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming to celebrate this special day with my dear friends, Soo Hyun and Ji Won. I hope you guys all enjoyed the food tonight. We have a fun surprise in store! As you know, we have been guessing the genders of the twins, and now it's time to reveal the big secret!" she announced, her voice filled with excitement.

All eyes turned to Soo Hyun and Ji Won, who stood next to two large, neutral-colored balloons. The balloons were filled with either pink or blue confetti, ready to reveal the genders of the twins. Ji Soo handed each of them a pin. "On the count of three, you both will pop the balloons and reveal the big news," she instructed with a smile.

"Hana, dul, seht!"

The balloons burst simultaneously, releasing a flurry of pink and blue confetti into the air. The guests erupted in cheers and applause, realizing that Soo Hyun and Ji Won were expecting one boy and one girl.

As soon as Mr. and Mrs. Kim came to awareness of their greatest joy, tears already streamed down on the two faces. Ji Won was sure that Soo Hyun's embrace was never tighter than in this very moment, but amidst the loud cheer, she found a tiny solace in his arms.

"Fraternal twins, this is too good to be true", Soo Hyun whispered to Ji Won's ears

Ji Won's tears were too overwhelming that she couldn't force any words other than a hundred times of "gomawo"

Not until they could feel their parents joining them on the stage that Soo Hyun could loosen his arms. The whole family tightened their hands with each other to represent their unspoken thoughts, a grateful sense on top of everything.

"A boy and a girl! This is wonderful news. Aigoo, we grandpa and grandma should all be ready to support them" Ji Won's mom said, her eyes glistening with tears of joy.

"Yes, I can't wait to meet them. It's going to be a wild ride, but we're ready," Soo Hyun's mom responded, a proud smile on her face.

The evening continued with more heartfelt conversations and laughter. Guests enjoyed the delicious spread of food, from fresh seafood and gourmet sandwiches to an array of desserts that included cupcakes topped with tiny baby booties and bottles. The intimate beach baby shower was a celebration of love, family, and the beautiful journey ahead for Soo Hyun and Ji Won.

--------------------------------------------------

"Well, how would you reward me for such an incredible work? A boy and a girl, I still can't believe it", Soo Hyun leaned in for a kiss just as they were back in their room

"I contributed half of the triumph. Plus, me carrying them is a valuable experience for you", Ji Won arrogant, "You have no idea how heavy they are, all because they resemble your big appetite"

"Hey you just make me want to do that challenge of guys taping a watermelon around their belly to stand in women's shoes", Soo Hyun burst out laughing

"Yea let's do it once we're back in Seoul", Ji Won turned her sight to him, "Alright, aren't you gonna take your shirt off?"

"For...for what?", Soo Hyun suddenly blushed for some messy thoughts

"Shower, won't you? You drank some alcohol earlier, my nose can't take that", Ji Won chuckled in front of his silly expression, "Baek Hyun Woo-ssi, is that you?"

"Ah yea, I will. Jakhamman", he returned to reality immediately, "Honestly, too much joy to handle. My brain just stops functioning tonight."

The eventful night flowed into a harmonious rhythm of the two hearts, appreciating the life that they created together, seemingly to be described as "the universe stands with them".

-----------------------------------------------

The friend group decided to extend their stay till the end of that week according to IU and Jong Suk's vow ceremony. Waking up at this place in Soo Hyun's arms, feeling a gentle kick from within, knowing this place was where things started, covered Ji Won with eternal peace. These days, Ji Won's words were extremely valued as she was the experienced one, plus who wouldn't want a marriage as magnificent as hers?

"It's still summer time, I think it's best to host the ceremony around sunset hour to get the best outdoor temperature and most stunning view", Ji Won's advised

One good news after another, the twins' gender had kept Soo Hyun pumped for days, pushing him to enthusiastically take care of the decoration. They chose to renovate the patio to make space for an aisle heading straight towards the beach direction. Jong Suk eagerly ordered some good wine to celebrate his big day while Ji Soo focused on IU's skin care to prepare for her most gorgeous look of the year. IU, meanwhile, specifically demanded Soo Hyun's eomma recipe for her chocolate chip cookies, believing that sweetness would signify a sweet marriage for a lifetime.

Soon came the big day. The place was packed with IU's and Jong Suk's family members and closest friends, about 50 of them total. They all satisfactorily beheld their works of the week, which came together perfectly under the golden hours. Ji Won, though carrying her bump around, was stunning as a maid of honor while Soo Hyun took the officiant role. The newlywed couple completely trusted their sunbae's blessings.

"Now you may kiss the bride", Soo Hyun concluded the session with a deep sense of delight amidst the loud applause.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro