Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Can we try again.." he looked at her begging. God knows how desperately she wanted to give into him. But she couldn't. Sometimes it was easier to give up rather than start again.

He stood banging on her door three days later. Screaming her name out as if his life depended on it, his voice cracking ever so slightly at the door that  remained completely shut. His hand slammed against it...over and over again. Tears falling as his forehead rested against the door. "Irene...." he choked on a sob. From what he heard, she refused to leave her self inflicted confinement, she had been drinking bottle after bottle in attempts to numb the pain he caused. He continued knocking the door, his voice now failing him.

Irene sat up in her bed, her eyes squinting at the light in her room. She cursed out loud standing up to close the curtains that she was sure they left open deliberately. Her movements however were halted by the banging at the door, sighing and racking a hand through her hair, she moved towards the door. Half asleep her eyes met his. Within seconds her tiredness was forgotten as she quickly tried to close the door on him. Anticipating her movement from a mile away he wedged his foot into the door forcing his way in, closing the door and consuming her form. He could smell the alcohol... it burned his nostrils... he looked at her in nothing but his hoodie, her hair In mass volumes on her head, her dark eyeliner and maroon lipstick highlighting the features he loved. "Get the fuck out." Her eyes pierced his. "Irene please I'm sorry... I understand what I've done is wrong... I know I've hurt." "Well congratulations for the ground breaking discovery." "Will you just listen to me." She rolled her eyes, walking to the kitchen digging out some medication and filling a glass of water to help the migraine that settled in. She looked at him in disgust, "why...have you not wasted my time enough already." His heart broke at her words, this was not the beautiful soul he had fallen in love with, and he had no one to blame but himself. "Irene please... I can't apologise enough, you've been there for me during the times I needed you, through thick and thin. You've been my best friend I can't let you go-" "Do you understand how selfish that sounds. What about me Jackson? What about when I needed you? Where you ever there? Fuck no... you were too busy having a good time probably with some other hoe." Silence. His eyes locked onto hers, trying to fathom her accusation, he could feel the anger seeping through his veins. Did she really think that little of him? Did she really think that little of his love for her? His heart constricted at the thought, his anger blinding him in seconds as he pushed her up against the wall his hands resting on either side to prevent her from running away from his close proximity. "Did you just accuse me of cheating on you?" She had hurt him, and she knew it. But whilst part of her resented herself for hurting him the other half was cheering her on, chiding her to hurt him, the way he hurt her. "Fuck yes, how the hell would I know any different... I mean it's not like you told me what the hell was going on in your life. I wouldn't be surprised if you cheated on me... she probably got more of you then I ever did. Bet you liked fucking her-" "SHUT UP." His eyes were blazing, "Why? Because it's true? Is that it Jackson?" "No Irene, believe it or not I didn't cheat on you at all... not once because I love you." She laughed at that, before it died on her tongue "You have a funny way of showing it Wang." Their voices rose above the sacred silence. A glance, touch, and one small comment stirred a hurricane of harsh and horsed insults. Their own Pandora boxes opened, sending each word full speed ahead to shatter their souls into a million pieces. His face brightened, just a tone lighter than her own crimson. This was no longer just about what he had done, it was about what he hadn't done.Blood was bound to be spilled, feelings hurt. "We were never that strong to being with, and now we'll never be as strong as we once were." Said Irene in defeat, "That's bullshit, and you know it." "No it isn't Wang... the point is...I don't TRUST you. How the fuck am I supposed to be with someone who has greater priorities, I never once complained before...I know to this day how much work means to you and I'm not about to ask you to pick between us. I'm not angry Jackson, I don't want to be anymore. I'm just tired.... tired of the constant disappointment that routes back to you. I'm not saying this to hurt you, I think I've done that enough. I just...." the words died on her lips as she looked at him, she couldn't form a coherent sentence, deep down she didn't want this to end; she wanted him to fight for her but she would never ask him to do that. She wanted to be in his arms, to forget everything that happened but she couldn't. Her mind wouldn't let her no matter how hard her heart cried, begging for it to stop showing the same scene over and over again.

"Can we try  again." His voice breaking as he laid his heart in front of her. She wanted to give in. She wanted to desperately, her eyes furiously trying to blink back the tears that threatened to spill. "How?...How can we?" She took a deep breath continuing, "I don't want to be hurt by you again, I won't allow myself to go through it... look at me I'm a mess, I've been drinking for three days straight trying to forget you. I've been angry, I've cried, I've sat staring at the wall and I don't know what to do. I've lost my direction and that's because of you! Why should I let you rebuild the heart you broke? How do I know that you won't break it after fixing it again? I've lost my trust Jackson, how do you plan on restoring that?" His legs gave way as he stood on his knees in front of her. His arms clasping around her, his face buried in her stomach. Her eyes closed in agony, her tears cascading down her cheeks. "Get the fuck of me- Jackson I swear-" he removed his face looking up at her "Stop swearing Irene it doesn't suit you. It isn't you." "How would you know?" She jabbed back.

They both looked at each other Jackson pulling himself to his feet, towering over her "I know you... you know I know you. But your closing off from me, and you have every right, I've done hardly anything to prove my love for you. I left you alone and have been a complete ass, and I'll spend my entire life regretting it. But Babygirl please... let me make it up to you,let me fix what I broke. I'll spend a life time making it up to you if you let me." She looked at him only seeing true sincerity in his eyes. She was caving. She moved towards him wrapping her arms around his neck. "Don't hurt me like that again because I promise I will walk away next time and you won't find me." He looked at her knowing the weight of her words. " I won't. I love you." She looked at him, not saying it back, but he could see it in her eyes. He didn't need her to say it, he didn't deserve it yet. He would make sure that he would cherish and protect her heart. Even from himself.

She leaned forward capturing his lips, hungrily, his arms enclosing around her waist as he kissed back with a new found passion not letting go for a split second. He would fix it. And he wouldn't make the mistake of losing her again.

-Authors note
Lol this was supposed to be a one shot. But I made it into a two shot for you lovely people that wanted a resolution. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think. Lots of love.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro