WRITTEN BY: coffeesoobean

SONG: 20cm (Tomorrow X Together)

너의      속눈썹     개수도
여기           수학공식처럼
다                        하나하나
외워버리고               싶어

🍬

– KANG TAEHYUN –

If there was one subject Gaeun didn't exactly hate but didn't exactly like, that would be mathematics.

She lazily flipped through the pages of her notebook, trying her best to get every important piece of information stuck in her head.

"If you're just gonna stare at your notebook, you won't get anything." Taehyun commented from the seat opposite to hers. The brown haired boy scribbled onto a separate paper while reading a book for their assignment. Gaeun puffed her cheeks in exhaustion and sunk into her seat as she watched Taehyun in front of her.

"Can you help me? Please?" She asked Taehyun who shook his head in answer. He bit his lower lip and continued writing things from the book on his paper while Gaeun sat in dismay as she tried, yet again, to understand the notes to the capacity her brain could possibly take.

"This is why I don't know if I love this subject or not, I swear." Gaeun picked up her notebook and skimmed through the recent pages as she glanced a few times at Taehyun, hoping he'd at least help her remember the formulas she needs to.

Taehyun softly giggled at Gaeun's words and slipped a piece of paper next to her, which she, though very much puzzled, took and read.

'Take a break and read a book first. Rest your mind.'

Gaeun raised an eyebrow at her friend who shrugged and continued reading. She sat in silence for a while and finally stood up from her seat, walking towards the shelves and disappearing behind them. She scanned the shelves in search of something that would pique her interest,to her disappointment, nothing really did.

She sighed as she walked through the endless array of bookshelves before finally stopping in front of a shelf and reaching for a book. Standing on her tiptoes, she stretched out her hand for the book that was on a shelf above what she could reach.

"Idiot." She heard Taehyun's voice from behind her as he took out the book from the shelf with ease. Gaeun stood frozen before facing Taehyun who handed her the book he just took out.

"Thanks, Tyun." She smiled and received the book. For a second, Gaeun forgot that Taehyun was taller than her. She used to be taller. But ever since thirteen, Taehyun grew taller than her as time went by. Now 17, his height stood far from hers that she had to look up when talking to him.

Gaeun turned to head back to their table, but Taehyun caught her hand before she could walk farther. "Answer this question first."

"What—"

"You asked me to help you with mathematics, right?" He asked her. Gaeun nodded and stood in front of Taehyun again who still didn't let go of her hand. "What's 1 plus 0?"

"That's basic math." She replied.

"Still."

"One."

She was confused with what Taehyun was trying to do. First he tells her to get a book and read, and now he's asking her math questions. "What's 6 minus 2?" He asked again.

"Four."

"9 divided by 3?"

"Three." She answered.

Taehyun moved closer to her and pulled her into an embrace which confused her even more, but she didn't resist his touch. Taehyun was able to smell the faint scent of Gaeun's floral perfume as he held her in his embrace and smiled. "Did you get the message?" He asked, still hugging her.

"I thought you were doing the English assignment?" Gaeun asked, changing the topic and leaving Taehyun's question unanswered. Taehyun released her from his embrace, but kept close to his friend. He gazed into her eyes, and another smile blossomed upon his lips.

"I kind of dropped it in the middle of doing it." He replied. "You asked for help with math, so before I was going to do that I wanted you to relax and relieve your stress before we started. You know, so that you're focused."

"And numbers are easier than words—at least for me." Taehyun finished.

"Then, about the message. The answers to the questions you asked: you sent 143. That means 'I love you'." She whispered as she looked into Taehyun's eyes. This distance between them, the butterflies in her stomach, and the blush that tinted Taehyun's cheeks explained just how much they've grown—with each other and into each other.

"I love you, Gaeun." He finally said. "Not just as a friend, but as a person I want to care for and be with through everything. I know we're too young to know what love really is, but I want to experience that trial and error with you; I want to memorize the formula that would keep us together, even if it's hard along the way."

"Ever since last summer, I realized that I like you, in a way that I already love you. The way you talk, your smile, even the way your hands are smaller than mine, I find them all special."

Gaeun's heart wouldn't slow down. Her breathing hitched, and with each beat of her heart, she felt her face heating up as she processed Taehyun's confession. He loves her.

"And if it's alright, I'd like to court you." He followed. Gaeun's eyes shifted and focused on Taehyun, while her heart felt as if it'll explode anytime if she didn't calm down. "We don't have to be together right away. Let's take it slow." He said.

"Taehyun," Gaeun's voice filled the space. Taehyun hummed in response as Gaeun held his hand. "I love you too. And I would be even more than happy to have you to court me." She smiled.

The two shared a moment of comfortable silence before Gaeun tiptoed once again and pecked Taehyun's cheek softly. The boy froze in shock, and Gaeun giggled at his reaction. "You're too tall. I'm having a hard time reaching you."

"Is that so?" He replied cheekily. Taehyun adjusted himself enough to be the same height as her who playfully hit his shoulder. "How far do you think the distance is between us?"

"About 20 centimeters, I think?" She said. Taehyun chuckled at her response and stood back up. "Did I get it wrong?"

"No, you're just cute." He replied. "Let's do that math now, shall we?"

"Sure."

Gaeun nodded in response and followed Taehyun back to their table. With uncontrollable smiles and a newfound emotion called love that blossomed in between them, 20 centimeters wouldn't be able to keep them that far apart. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro