3. New Acquaintances

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Arjun entered the college determined. Aashish had convinced him to interact with his batchmates. But as he entered the classroom, his insecurities kicked in. Who would want to be friends with me? And why would anyone be friends with me? I am boring person. Arjun shook his head, trying to get rid of these thoughts and focused on the task Aashish had set for him.

Looking around the class, Arjun saw a boy sitting alone in the second row. He walked towards him, "Can I sit here?" The boy looked at him, "First day?" Arjun replied in negative. "Then sit wherever you want to man." Arjun smiled and settled down.

"I am Arjun Rao," Arjun introduced himself. "So you have got a very good aim? Very focused?" the boy asked. Arjun looked at him confused. "What? Haven't you read Mahabharat?" Arjun smiled, amused. The boy laughed, "I have something with names, can't resist thinking about their meaning. By the way, I am Raunak. Raunak Khanna."

They were interrupted by their Economics Professor. Both of them turned their attention to the lecture, as did many others. Arjun began taking notes again. He noticed Raunak doing the same. Throughout the forty-five minutes lecture, Arjun couldn't help replaying the conversation in the back of his mind. This was not as difficult as he thought.

When the lecture ended, Raunak convinced Arjun to accompany him to the canteen. "What will you eat? Tell you what? Try the chowmein, it's delicious." Arjun nodded and soon both the boys were sitting and enjoying the delicious chowmein.

"I am from Delhi. My father is a manager and my mother a housewife. I have two elder brothers, both in job. What about you?" Raunak asked him. "Mumbai. My parents are journalist." Raunak nodded. Arjun looked at him, observing him for a second. Raunak was dressed in simple t-shirt and jeans. His hairs were set with hair gel, unlike Arjun's whose hair were all over the place.

"Hey! Can I join you both?" the boys were interrupted by a sweet melodical voice. They looked at the source of the voice, only to see a beautiful girl looking at them expectantly. They both nodded, unable to find their voices. The girl sat with them and smiled. Raunak was the first one to recover. "You are gorgeous," he told her. The girl blushed.

"Gorgeous was an understatement," Arjun thought. He was mesmerized. Her hairs were tied in high pony, her eyes were grey-green like a sea, her complexion fair. "I am Kanika," the girl introduced herself. Arjun nodded while Raunak asked, "You are the youngest in your family?" "You can say that."

"I am Raunak and he is Arjun. He is a shy fellow, as you can see," Raunak spoke. Arjun glared at him. Kanika chuckled and asked, "You both are friends since before?" "We are friends, yes, but we have met just today." Arjun nodded. Kanika smiled, "Can I also be your friend at first sight?" Arjun grinned, "Why not?" He raised an eyebrow at Raunak.

"Why would I mind a beautiful lady becoming friends with me? But I will warn you guys, tomorrow our group will have one more member. My best friend from school." Arjun and Kanika nodded. "Why don't we come a little early tomorrow to meet the fourth member of our group?" Kanika proposed. Arjun shrugged.

"So, Miss Kanika, where do you live?" Raunak asked. "Hostel," Kanika shrugged. "Oh! I so wanted to take you on a date today." Arjun chuckled. Kanika shook her head but asked mischeviously, "How about Sunday?" Raunak grinned.

"Now if your date is set, tell me Raunak, have you lived in Hyderabad since long?" Arjun asked. Raunak shook his head, "Nah! My family is in Delhi. My best friend was coming here, so I also filled the form, cleared the entrance." He shrugged.

"What about you Arjun?" Kanika asked him. "Mumbai. I live here with," Arjun took a deep breath, "With my friend cum elder brother." The other two nodded.

"Let's go for our next lecture?" Arjun said.

So, how is it?

Do you like Raunak?

And Kanika?

What do you think about Arjun?

~Purnima

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro