7/5/16.1

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jasmine's POV

12:08 a.m. I'm just laying in this dusty old bed, with my mind racing. I noticed as I got older and the nightmares started to get worse and I could only get a few hours of sleep per night. So, now I'm stuck in this room, trying to find something to do. I looked at my almost dead phone and saw that I keep getting messages and calls from her. I turned it off and started to charge. I'm not in the mood for that. She should be happy that I'm out of her life. She never wanted to take care of the two of us since our dad left. She said that we were a chore. After that one unfaithful day, I became the biggest chore for her. She should be happy I'm gone. Unless she loved me as her punching bag. Because I noticed the only time she smiles is when she's beating me or reminding me of the thing is did wrong. She doesn't have that anymore, what is she suppose to do now? Maybe she'll be able walk in my shoes, maybe she'll have mental problems. 

If I'm going to be honest, I like being around people. I guess that's why I took my hands off the railing. Because one person finally said that they wanted me to live. For first time in a long time, I feel happy. I feel like I do matter. Maybe that's just because Edwin brings back good memories. My therapist use to say that good memories are perfect for my condition. I don't have a therapist anymore, she I would be fine without him. That she could do a better job. I almost committed suicide because she made me feel and the guilt that I made myself feel. So, yeah, she did a great job.

The worse thing about living with her is that she always threatened to take away my medication. She knows I need those more than anything in the world. She knows that's the only way to keep control of me. So, why would she threaten that? I figured it was just because she wasn't satisfied enough with the beatings. I could only imagine what's going on in her head right now. I technically been missing for 2 days. I hope she's going through the same pain she put me through. Or better yet, the same pain I put myself through. 

Just because I don't like to socialize or people in general, doesn't mean that I'm not curious. I know Edwin's break down was due to a manic episode. But he's way too happy to be manic. I want to know what he has. He's probably the only person I have ever worried about. Even after we stopped talking. Like I said, I never forgot him and I have a feeling he never forgot me too. I think that whatever he has, makes him forgetful and deep down I was never forgotten. Maybe that's why he didn't jump. I saw him on the edge, I saw him ready to jump. I didn't know who he was, but I knew what he was about to do. I'm also curious to where his parents are. They always seemed like the perfect little happy family. So, then what happened? Why is he living in an abandoned house with his little sister? I guess some questions are never suppose to be asked or answered. 

I sat up on the bed and pulled out my laptop, I still had a few good hours on it before I had to charge it. It seems like only two outlets works in this room. I'm using one for my phone and the other for the light. When I'm on my laptop, I'm usually just writing. This place has no wifi, but I never had any reason for wifi anyways. I was typing away, when I was stuck. I looked up and noticed my door was slightly open. I saw someone standing outside, I'm going to assume that it's Edwin. I got out of the bed and opened the door. I invited him in. He came in and sat on my bed. I went back to typing. He was being nosy. I'm going to be honest Edwin kind of reminds me of a kid. I just get that feeling from him. I mean, from what I remembered, he did slightly seem childish, but mature enough to live in a normal society. I looked up at him and he pretended like he wasn't watching me. 

"You can watch. I don't mind." I said. 

"But you said you like space." 

I nodded, "I do, but I guess sometimes I don't."

He looked at me, "What are you writing?"

"A story. I came up with it in 8th grade." I added.

"About a boy who lost his little brother when he was younger? For some reason I remember that."

I looked at him curious. He looked embarrassed. I'm not sure why, but I knew it. Deep down he did remember me. 

"Aren't you suppose to be asleep?" I questioned.

He nodded, "Yeah, but I just couldn't sleep. I'm too curious about you."

"Curious?" 

"I only remember a few things about you and they convinced me that you might've changed." 

"They?" What does Edwin mean by that? That's so weird. 

"I mean, me. I convinced myself." He seemed quick to gather his thoughts. He's definitely hiding something. Not just from me, but from himself. "You use to smile at least every once in a while. Now you can barely look at me directly in my eyes."

I shrugged, "You were right, I might've changed."

"Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I have insomnia. It causes me not to sleep." 

"But why?"

I looked at my laptop screen. "Look, I don't ask what your problems are, you shouldn't ask what mine are."

He got up and left. I maybe I offended him, maybe I didn't. But I know that I don't want him to know my problems. I don't want anyone to know. I should at least have respect. Edwin seemed to be like a regular person, society function person for that short amount of time. He wasn't hyper or anything like that. I know what you're thinking, I should respect him too. Well, I am. I'm not asking him about his problems, I'm just thinking to myself. Everyone at least has that right. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro