3. Jealous Already?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Pamela's POV

Geography was the only subject that managed to make me cry whenever we had a test. I remembered when I was in primary school, I had a C+ in a test

It was one of the worst days of my life. It took a lot of studying and  tutoring from my aunt, Thelma, before I had a phase of it covered.

But to date, my highest score in it was B+, and it was almost frustrating that I couldn't get the A I needed.

I sighed as I ran my fingers along the paper back in the library. I spotted a geography textbook on the higher part of the shelf.

It looked really useful but it was sad I couldn't access it. And it would have been awkward to grab a chair to stand on it.

I looked at the book and spotted someone's hand coming over it as the person slipped it out. Nino handed me the book, and I uttered my gratitude to him. Maybe he wasn't that petty after all.

"Study all you want, but don't you dare think you can take me off the number one spot, that's my spot, watch this space, Pamela." He warned, and I fought the strong urge to roll my eye

"Oh, and just so you know, I'm a pro when it comes to geography, oh, and other subjects as well.”

"I see." I muttered, pressing the book to my chest. My heart skipped a beat when the door opened, and Nathaniel stepped into the library.

I stopped looking at him and excused myself from Nino before I sat at the last seat in the corner. Nino grabbed some books and came over to me.

"Oh and mind you, this spot belongs to me too." He said.

"Please, let me sit here." I begged not wanting to come into light. "I promise I won't disturb you.." I assured myself, and my heart thumped when I caught Nathaniel looking at me. I looked back at Nino and almost pouted.

"Fine, but this doesn't make us friends or anything." He said, and I nodded while opening the book. Everything looked complex, but I took my time and broke down definitions and theories. When I finished,  I realised I had to go because I had another class.

So I decided to borrow the book. I went over to the librarian and handed him the book I wanted to borrow.

He nodded and took out his record book, and I groaned when I spotted Nathaniel looking at me again. The action alone caused a rise in my heartbeat.

What was he planning?

I twitched my lips and looked aside as the librarian handed me a pen. I wrote my name, and that was the book I borrowed.

"Make sure you return it by Friday with no damage understood?" He sighed, adjusting his glasses.

"Yes, please." I whispered, opening the door to leave. Immediately I got out, I allowed all the blush to flow out. Gosh, why did I feel I was going crazy?

I walked down the hallway to my locker, and when  I remember a particular scenario that happened two weeks ago, I felt that strange feeling again.

I opened it and took out both my chemistry notes, the old one from my former school, and the new one I was given here.

I went to a certain class and took the seat. The teacher wasn't in, and the class wasn't full. Even the small number of students present were making noise. The teacher arrived and after a while too, the rest of the students too arrived.

Eugene and I were at the dining table as usual, chatting our minds away.

"So you're saying..Stella..that is your online girlfriend, lives in New York?" I asked, looking at him as I ate the ice cream. My nose was almost freezing, but I didn't mind. The ice cream was just too good.

"Yes, and I'm gonna look for her." He said.

"Where will you start?" I asked.

"Somewhere." He muttered.

"Somewhere, where?" I asked.

"Somewhere there." He said, looking out the window.

"There where?" I asked, smiling.

"There, there." He replied.

"There there where?" I grinned.

"You know what? I'm not gonna play these games with you!" He interjected, and I laughed.

"Chill, I just miss annoying you." I laughed.

"And I miss doing this." He said and grabbed my cup, making me laugh at him.

"It's empty." I said.

"As shit." He whispered, making me laugh more.

"Oh no." I muttered, looking at the clock. It was ten past eleven. "Bro, please, please wash my cup for me." I begged, and without waiting for his reply, I hurried back to my room.

Luckily, I was done with homework and studies, so I flopped into my bed to get some sleep to wake up early.

I woke up feeling exhausted, probably because of the ice cream. I drank some water before I rolled out of bed with a groan.

After doing my morning routine, Eugene offered to drive me to school. I allowed him to drive, but I was reluctant when I gave him my car keys.

"Damn, this shit is sleek." He said.

"Don't call my car that." I hissed.

"Okay, okay." He adjusted the seat to his height. "A sixteen year old with the height of a seven year old." He tsked, and I smacked his arm.

"Hehe." He chuckled.

He drove in silence for a while till he spoke.

"So Pamela, I am going to borrow your car, but I'll pick you up after school. I promise I'll bring it back without a scratch." He said.

"Okay..." I grinned.

"Really?" He asked.

"I'm not wicked like you, but you can have it on one condition." I said. "You'll wash it this weekend." I said, and he groaned.

"Okay, fine, but just this weekend." He grumbled.

"Thank you." I giggled.

Then came another silence till he pulled up at the parking lot.

"Ok, thanks for the ride." I smiled and opened the door.

"Wait, what time do you close?" He asked.

"Four pm." I told him, and he nodded.
I shut the door and walked into the building.

I was early, though, but I still didn't want to walk slowly. Partly because I didn't want to catch up with Nathaniel or be late for class.

I entered class for the first period, and later, Angela came in to sit beside me with a nervous look on her face. Her face was red as she fanned it with her hand.

"What's wrong, Angie?" I asked, and she turned to my direction.

"N..nothing." She stuttered and blew out a sigh.

"Okay?" I said, knowing perfectly well she won't tell me. We went through the first period peacefully until Nathaniel entered after thirty minutes.

When he was going. to his seat, I stole a glance at him and gasped internally when he glanced back at me. I quickly looked away, embarrassed.

What was up with him?

A few more minutes into the lesson, I felt someone's intense gaze on me. I looked around for a bit before I spotted Nathaniel looking at me with his head slightly tilted while he played with his pen.

My ears started burning, and I thought he would look away, even when I caught him, but he didn't.

"Miss Lucas, I would appreciate it if you could please pay attention."  Mr. Cosmos, the teacher said, and my cheeks flamed more as I looked ahead.

Why was he even staring at me?

It was lunch time, I needed to get a few things from my locker before I headed to the cafeteria.

I opened my locker and dug my head inside to get my stuff, and I heard some giggles and a deep chuckle.

I checked  secretly and spotted the owners.

Opposite my locker was Nathaniel and Belinda,who were talking about their their own thing, and I wished they'd relocate.

I tried to concentrate on my locker as I managed to ignore them. I wished I couldn't care less about their chat or whatever, but I couldn't ignore the pain that was settled in me.

Why was he able to be nice to other people besides me?

Belinda attached her lips to his, and he kissed her back, glancing briefly at me before he pulled her closer and kissed her. I had a feeling he was intentionally doing that, and this infuriated me the more.

I quietly closed the door of the locker and passed by them to go to the cafeteria.

I took a tray and joined those in the queue as I checked on my sticky notes about my next study session.

After waiting in the line for my food, I got it and headed towards an empty seat. Angela said she had to finish some assignments, so she would later join me here.

My head hung low as I headed for that seat. I gasped  when a tall figure blocked my way. I raised my head and saw Nathaniel was standing in front of Mr.

Why was he everywhere I went?!

I decided to bypass him by his right, but he also shifted there and blocked my way. I tried his left, and he  grabbed my arm and placed me back to the spot.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

For some unknown reason, I felt this slight anger in me. I walked past him and gasped louder when he grabbed my arm with a tight grip and pulled me back to my spot. I groaned under my breath when people gave us stares.

"I'm only going to ask you once bitch. Where the fuck are you going?" He seethed.

"I..I'm g..going to h.have my lunch. " I replied without raising my head.

He chuckled an empty chuckle, took the water bottle on my tray and opened it and emptied the water all over my head. I did all I could not to shriek and thankfully, I didn't.  I shivered as the cold liquid seeped down my skin.

Thank God again that he only wet me mostly on my bun so the water didn't drip too much into my dress. Belinda too appeared and I gritted my teeth.

"Well done Babe." Belinda praised from behind, making me cringe inwardly.

She then scowled at me before sucking his face. When I bypassed them to ignore the pain in me, I suddenly fell down with a thud. She shoved me.

"Oops, sorry. " smirked Belinda and I saw a change of emotion in Nathaniel's eyes but I didn't have the time to find out what it was. I was on the ground as pain blessed me with its presence.

She grabbed Nathaniel's arm and walked away with him. My food was scattered all over the floor and I could hear whispers among the people present.

I wanted to get up but I couldn't, everywhere hurt so bad and I started to tear up.

After a while, I sat there on the floor whimpering and saw a figure come over me. I gasped when I recognised him. It was Nolan.

He was one of Nathaniel's buddies!
Thinking he'll hurt me, I crawled backwards when he bended near me.

I had already had enough.

"Please..leave me alone." I begged.

"Don't worry, I'm not a jerk." He assured me. I narrowed my eyes slightly. What if he carried me and threw me down?

"Let me help you." He offered and scooped me up from the floor into his arm. He then walked out of the Cafeteria.

"Thank you." I muttered and he passed me a smile.

Nathaniel's POV.

"Dude, that shit you did was damn wrong." Angelo said.

"Oh shut up, Angelo, it was worth the priceless look on her face." Belinda laughed.

I felt a slight tinge of anger at her for shoving Pamela, but I just kept quiet.

"You're awesome, babe."Belinda complimented and pecked my lips. I cringed inwardly and scrolled through my phone.

When I entered the class, what I saw made my heart boil in my blood due to annoyance.

Nolan and Pamela were standing side by side as they were chatting, and Nolan handed her some snacks.

Fucking hell?!

Nolan bent towards her and wiped her tears. During his consolation, a muscle in me clenched when she smiled at him. What the fuck was going on?

Wait, and why the fuck was I just standing here witnessing everything and not doing anything?

"Let go of her." I demanded and she glanced at me terrified. Nolan stood up protectively in front of her.

"Leave her alone, Nate." He demanded.

"You leave her alone." I snapped.

"What do you want her for?" He asked.

"That's none of your business." I gritted my teeth, highly annoyed.

"Pamela let's go." He said an grabbed her wrist as they headed towards the door to  to bypass me. I clenched my jaw tightly when they passed by me and Pamela didn't even spare me a glance.

Pamela's POV.

I left the library and went to the empty classroom to pick my bag. I knelt and placed some books into my bag and that was when Nathaniel appeared at the door way. Oh no..

He took large steps forward and I got up and stumbled back but still managed to take some back until my back hit the wall. He came over to me and I stared anywhere but him and I could feel his piercing gaze on my skin.

I decided to pass the left side where his hand had not blocked but he slapped his hands on that side, caging me in. His head was tilted as he glared at me.

Poor me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked coldly, leaning impossibly closer.

Where else than escaping?

"I...I...was just....." I stuttered and he grabbed my jaw with his thumb and index finger.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." He demanded.

"O..ok." I whispered and immediately I looked into his eyes, my cheeks started flushing. I was trembling because his face was a few inches away from me and his masculine scent was jumbling my senses.

He let go of my jaw and gripped my wrist harshly.

"So what do you do now?..seduce boys?" He asked.

"I wasn't seducing him." I muttered, wincing under my breath.

"What was that you said?" He asked.

"Uhh..no..nothing."

"First Nino, now Nolan? How farther low can you stoop?" He snarled.

"I-"  I was confused.  Why did he care? Nonsense.

"I never want to see you around him understand?" He declared.

"Why do you care? Do you own my life? Do you control my affairs?" I asked him of course in my head.

"Why?.." I asked quietly and fearfully and his grip on my wrist tightened, making me gasp and whimper. I could feel my fingers going numb and cold.

"Because I said so." He gritted.

"Understood?!" He yelled and I flinched. I nodded and switched my gaze from him to somewhere else.

"Damnit look at me!" He yelled and I quickly turned to face him and said the stupidest thing.

"I can't." I countered. He gripped my other wrist and pinned me more to the wall with my arms above my head and leaned in closer to me.

"How dare you talk to me like that?" He demanded.

"I'm...s..sorry." I apologised and he let go of my first wrist but was still holding the one he held previously and the pain intensified.

"Please, let me go." I begged, ignoring the tears forming in my eyes and staring at my wrist.

"Fuck." He whispered and let go of my wrist as he stared at me with a slight guilt in his eyes.

He let go of my wrist, stared at the red marks for a while and growled before he left the class. I sank onto the floor and cried at the pain. I even added the incident at the dinning hall and cried my eyes out.

I hid my hands behind my back when I greeted my parents and Eugene to prevent them from prying. I went upstairs and to my bedroom.

I placed my school bag on my bed and went to my bathroom to plunge my wrist under the cold water from my running tap and winced at the tingling.

Later I took a shower and wore my PJ's. I didn't feel like going out for dinner so I opted to do my homework.

I heard a knock on my door after some minutes. It was my mum. I gave her a tangible reason and thankfully, she understood and left. After a while someone knocked again.

"Come in." I said and Eugene entered and sat beside me.

"How was school?" He asked in a motherly tone and I chuckled.

"Tch, you never ask me that,..why are you asking now?" I asked. I shook my head and diverted my attention to my homework.

"Hey, what's that on your wrist?" He asked, pointing to it.

"Oh it's uhhh. ..um..." I wondered if I could get any answers.

"Nothing." I countered.

"Nothing?..what am I? Six?" He raised his brows as he gently massaged it and I pursed my lips in order not to wince.

"No, don't worry it doesn't hurt, I'm fine." I said and laughed nervously and he narrowed his eyes at me and later he wrapped his hands around me and hugged me.

"I'm always there for you Pam,if anything or anyone is bothering you, don't hesitate to let me know..."

"Ok." I said and hugged him back, appreciating the fact that he wasn't forcing it out of me.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro