Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CKay- Love Nwantiti (feat Joeboy and Kuame Eugene)

Christine Onyinye Nwafor

Except when it came to Micheal, I had never seen Chinedum as excited as she was when I mentioned to her that Remi had asked me to be his date to the Rager. I stared at her in complete bewilderment as she went crazy, ranting, "Chris, this is huge. Oh Lord, Regina is going to faint." She said the last part with so much glee making me widen my eyes at her.

"This girl!" I laughed out loud. "You're a case, I swear."

"We have to look amazing for this thing, guy." I raised my brows as she said that making her roll her eyes before explaining. "Everyone who is anyone in this school will be there. Luckily, I have just the perfect fits for us. Oh, I can't wait for tomorrow."

Finally, she was all hyped out and she slumped on my bed before turning to me with a devious grin. "We are going to get so drunk."

Letting out a scoff, I stand up from the bed and go to my box to pick out a nightie. "You and who?"

"Me and you of course!" She begins to say something else but I don't hear her. My mind goes back to the conversations Remi and I had. We hadn't left that Buka until around 6 pm because we had lost track of time as we spoke at length about everything and nothing. I smile to myself as I recall.

"Why are smiling to yourself like a crazy person?" I hear Nedum ask, breaking me away from my thoughts. I turn to where she's seated, staring at me like I've grown a second head.

"What's your business, young lady?" I joke.

She chuckles and after I get dressed, we get in bed and settle down. Kemi later comes in looking beat and after making brief conversation, she goes to shower before retiring for the night. Nedum and I go to do the same but I soon become restless and can't sleep. As both their soft snores fill the room, my mind can't help but go to tomorrow.

I was equal amounts nervous and excited in all honesty. In Chapel Ground, I wasn't one who enjoyed going to parties and all. Matter of fact, I never did. At a point, my friends back then never bothered to invite me any longer cause my response was always negative. But suddenly, here, I found myself wanting to do some of the things that didn't interest me before and the never ending prospects were thrilling.

With a small smile on my face, I finally closed my eyes and allowed sleep to take me.

The next morning, Chinedum was no where to be found, neither was Kemi. Not really bothered, I took a long bath and settled in to get some assignments done.

I was just finishing up when I got a call on my phone. When I saw it was Nedum, I immediately picked up. "Hey."

"Hey, my boo. What are you doing?" She asks.

Placing the phone between my ear and my shoulder blade, I adjusted on my bed. "I'm just getting some assignments done. What's up?"

"I'm pulling up at your hostel right now, I need you to get dressed and meet me out front in ten minutes with your make up and stuff you'll need tonight, okay? All except your outfit though."

Confused, I ask, "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise! Now get dressed please. And abeg don't sleep there, we have a lot to do." With that, she hangs up.

I stare at my phone briefly, wondering what just happened before getting up and doing as she said. I was really curious what the surprise was so I got ready in less than the allocated ten minutes and soon I was heading to her car.

Sliding in, I find Chinedum speaking to someone on her phone briefly before hanging up. "Do you really not plan on telling me where we are going?" I ask her with a raised eyebrow.

She sends me a smile, her eyes glinting with mischief. "Yup. You'll love it, don't worry." She promises as she drives out of my hostel parking area.

30 minutes later, we pull up at Eko Atlantic Mall. We both get out of the car and make our way inside.

Looking around, I'm immediately amazed at the amount of name brand stores here like Chanel, Gucci, MAC and so much more. Through the see through glass windows, I stare inside the stores highly intrigued. Never in my life, before now, would I have thought I would be here someday. To some it may not seem like a big deal, but coming from a background such as mine, it really was.

Chinedum stops at a spa and she takes ahold of arm as she pulls me inside.

A man immediately approaches us and as he does, with a squeal, Nedum let's go of my hand before pulling him into a hug. Finally, the two pull apart and my friend turns to me, "Chris, this is my good friend, slash the best hair stylist ever, Ayo. Ayo, this is Christine, my friend that I told you about."

The man stretches out his hand to shake mine and I immediately accept. His hand is soft and his smile, warm as he says, "It's nice to finally meet you." Dragging on my hand, he starts pulling me away. "Come, darling, we have so much to do and so little time."

I turn to Chinedum, my eyes widened in alarm but she gives me a reassuring smile with a small wave. Before I know what is happening, my clothes are being replaced with fluffy white robe and I'm being whisked to a massage room. Thirty minutes after the best and only full body massage I've ever recieved, I feel like new person and my head is on cloud nine.

After that, I go to get my nails done. Having so many people waiting on me is such a foreign feeling and I don't even know what to think about it but I know it's something I could get used to. All the while, Chinedum is seated close by, her phone and a fashion magazine in her lap to keep herself occupied. Occasionally, I'll catch her eye and she'll send me an encouraging smile before looking away. Once my nails are done, I'm once again transported to a different place, this time it's the hair salon.

The man from earlier, Ayo, and two other women come to me and ask what I want to do with my hair. I was honestly confused cause I didn't know what I wanted. I didn't like to fix my hair but I didn't braid often cause braiding on natural hair is a pain in the ass and it gets rough quickly. I end up having to ask Chinedum and she suggests I braid and tells me I can take it out anytime that I want so that's what I go with.

The hair making process takes longer than anything else and finally, after over two hours at the spa, everything is done and paid for.

I can't wipe the grin off my face as we make our way out of the store and back to Chinedum's car.

"You're glowing!" She tells me with a sweet smile.

I laugh. "Why won't I? Thank you so much for this." I tell her not really knowing what else to say. Ever since I met this girl, she's been nothing but extraordinary and I didn't even know where to begin to appreciate her from.

We share a brief hug before getting into the car. "When Remi sees you..." She trails off, wolf whistling. "My boy won't be able to look away."

Laughing, I shake my head. I didn't know how true her words were because I'm pretty sure Remi has encountered a fair share of girls more beautiful than me in his life time. I didn't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed away by a guy I haven't even known for that long although, already, I could feel myself developing a crush on him.

In my mind, it was entirely justified because who wouldn't. He seemed like the complete package; a gentleman (so far), intelligent, ridiculously handsome, dark-skinned, and extremely wealthy. Although, the last one wasn't much of a focus for me.

We arrive back on school grounds by after 6 due to the traffic on our way. Chinedum drives us to her hostel instead and I immediately we arrive at the room, I plug my phone in.

I settle on her bed as I wait for her, watching as she goes through her closet near her bed. Compared to mine and Kemi's room, hers had significantly more space.

"Is your roommate ever around?" I ask her.

In all my time of coming here, her roommate, who I have no idea what her name is, was never around. That's why Nedum stayed in my room so much, so she won't be alone.

"Tracy? Nah. I don't know what she's always up to and I don't care as long as she doesn't bring any drama to this room. Hopefully she doesn't come here today." Nedum says with a roll of her eyes.

Laughing, I ask her, "You don't like her?"

"Nope. I don't hate her either." She tells me. "I don't know her that well and what I hear about her isn't particularly good either. Now, I'm not one to believe in heresay, but I have eyes as well."

I nod. She didn't need to explain further cause I think I got an idea of what she was referring to.

Finally, Chinedum pulls out a green and black matching two piece outfit and drops it on the bed before me. One is a long sleeve, body hugging body suit and the other is a tight mini skirt. I raise them both up in front of me, my gaze going over the outfit before flitting to Nedum who has her back turned to me as she rummages through her stuff looking for clothes.

"You want me to wear this?" I ask her.

Turning to me, she gives me a 'duh' look. "Of course."

"Where's the rest of the skirt?" I gulp.

Chinedum lets out a small laugh before it turns into a smile. "That's all of it right there, babe. It's fine, trust me. You'll look amazing, plus that place will be packed and very hot. It's bad enough that the top is long sleeved."

I give her a skeptical look and she rolls her eyes at me with a smile. "You have all that shape, Chris. If I were you, I would be wearing skirts like this all day, everyday. But no, instead I was given big breasts and small bum bum."  Nedum kisses her teeth making me laugh. "Flaunt it, sis."

She goes to pull out her own outfit and drops it on the bed before going to the mini fridge located in a corner of her room. She grabs two cans of Bullet and hands me one.

Opening the drink, I take a sip of the bittersweet liquid. Before now, I had only had Bullet a few times. Energy drinks weren't really my thing but this was pretty good.

I took another huge gulp before pulling it away from my lips.

"Don't take it too fast though, it's alcoholic." Chinedum advices before sitting down.

"Alcohol before clubbing?" I ask her with a raised eyebrow and she gives me a devious smile.

"Best way to get in the party mood." She smacks her lips before sitting up. "Now it's time for us to do our makeup.  Are you with your stuff?" I raise my purse and Nedum nods. "We need some music in here."

As she goes about connecting her phone to a small speaker to play music, my phone begins ringing.

I quickly go to it and I see its an unknown number calling. Hesitantly, I pick up and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey." That one word is enough to make me identify who is speaking and I feel myself tense up. "How are you?"

Slowly, I reply, "I'm good. You?"

"I will be once I see you." Remi teases and I can hear the smile in his voice which makes me roll my eyes, a stupid grin pasted on my face. "I was calling to ask where I'm picking you up from?"

"Um, I'm actually in Chinedum's hostel right now so here is fine. Do you know where it is?" I ask.

"Yes, I do. I guess I'll see you soon, beautiful." He says catching me off guard and I make a stupid, unidentifiable sound before hanging up.

Mortified, I hold my phone tightly. What the fuck is wrong with me? Hearing him call me beautiful just wasn't something I was prepared for.

I hear Chinedum start cackling and looking at her, I see she's rolled over laughing. Picking up a pillow from her bed, I aim it at her and throw. This only makes her laugh harder and I cover my face with my hands in embarrassment, heat coming up my neck.

This was sort of a filler chapter, and another one will be posted tomorrow but I'm sorry for the long wait y'all. I'll start updating this book soon enough.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT. It'll motivate me to write more. And also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when a new chapter is updated.

Till next time, stay safe y'all.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro