43 // Falling isn't always fun

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Whatttttttt 2k reads and 500 votes?!?! Thank you all so much!! For a little celebration thing, you can ask me any question about any of my ocs in this book and I will answer them. So you can ask about:
-Kiriko Hara
-Aiko Hara
-Saya Akamine
-Ryu Ito
You can also ask about the plot up to this point.
I doubt this'll get me anywhere but like I'm curious if you guys wanna know anything.

Sleep didn't come easily for me that night. Maybe it was the other snoring girls or the work I had to put into practise the next morning, but sleep was apparently not on my list of options.

My mind span with the realisation I had had only a couple of hours prier, and Todoroki certainly wasn't up for leaving my head.

I'd slept about an hour when it was time to wake up, so I was drained in every way possible. Uraraka was complaining all throughout breakfast, most people were saying how tired they were, yet any noise failed to come from me.

It was like my brain had just melted, like it couldn't process the fact that I'm experiencing a different emotion to spite.

"Kiriko?" Mina waves her hand in front of my face, causing me to snap back into reality. I blink at her as I process the fact that I'm wanted and that I've also been as responsive as a dead fish.

"Hmm?"

"You seem tired." Mina mutters, concern crossing her face as she tries to avoid drawing attention to me.

"Literally all you've done is complain about how tired you all are this morning." I groan as I rub my face and she gives a dry laugh.

"Yeah, but the bags under your eyes are big enough to go grocery shopping with." I can't help smirk, it's not very often Mina makes comments like that, but they never fail to make me smile.

"Nah, I'm fine, something just happened last night." I'll probably tell Mina and Ryu about my realisation last night.

"What do you mean?" She leans in closer to me, curiosity gleaming in her eyes. I sigh as I try to lean further away from her, but she just leans closer again, making my actions useless.

"What are you doing?" Both me and Mina snap out of it as we look up at no one other than Todoroki. Brilliant.

"Nothing." I snap, a little too quick, not wanting Mina to say anything that could get me in shit. She looks at me, then Todoroki, then back at me before squinting.

Todoroki is called over by Midoriya and walks over to him, clearly noticing that I'm distracted by the pink girl.

"You like him." Without any kind of hesitation, I swiftly punch her in the arm, earning a groan and a string of complaints before, "so I'm right then?"

"Shut up." I hiss after a long pause, causing Mina to erupt in squeals and making a bunch of comments that I'm too busy trying to get her to be quiet to catch. She's drawing way too much attention to us and I can feel that my face is bright red whilst half of our class and half of class 1B stare at us.

I make direct eye contact with Yaoyorozu and I suddenly grab Mina's shirt, pulling her forward.

"Shut up before I get in shit from good ol' second in command over there." I watch the realisation cross her face as she remembers that Yaoyorozu is also an issue.

"Oh no." She mutters quietly.

"Yeah."

We quickly get rounded up and meet Aizawa, most people still complaining about being incredibly tired. I'm stood next to Uraraka as Aizawa begins to explain what we're going to do, but I get distracted when Uraraka stretches and nearly smacks me in the face. She panics and frantically apologises.

I got most of what he was saying though, we're training to push our limits and it's probably going to be painful.

Unlike most people, I'm here to stretch my brain and abilities in that area. I don't know much about luck, but I assume that it takes place in the brain, considering when it panics and tries to control everything at once it causes me to have a headache.

If the notes Ryu gave me are right, and what I think I've figured out is right too, then there's a possibility that I might be able to use a theoretical ability. I haven't really brought up what I theorise the science behind my own quirk to be, trying to expand off of the little the doctors worked out is difficult.

But I'm almost certain that it's to do with my brain, sadly there isn't exactly a part of the brain that controls luck, and I couldn't find anything on anything similar. On the bright side, I now know most of the parts of the brain.

The others have some kind of idea what they want to do, and if they don't then Mendalay uses her telapathy to tell people what that can improve on.

"Hara," her voices rings loud and clear in my head, "I recommend practising harder flips and improving on using 'luck' in combat."

Despite her input, I don't really move. It's weird watching my classmates improve themselves because some of them have the oddest methods I've ever seen. For example, Todoroki is in a giant bucket full of water, trying to regulate both his fire and ice sides at the same time.

"Hara, you better get to work." Mendalay manages to sounds somehow stern but kind at the same time.

"I'm sorry," I say, realising I've been stood there for quite some time, "your advice is pretty good, but do you reckon I can go in the woods to practise something else? I have something in mind." She raises her eyebrow at me, giving me a stiff nod.

I smile at her before running off, trying to find the perfect target. I'm running for quite some time before I come across what I'm looking for.

An acorn, hanging from a tree. A sigh slips through my lips as I slowly process that I have to finally put my research into practise. I sit down on the floor in front of the tree, just under where the acorn is.

After thinking about it, I realised this is the best option for me to improve, as it's different from the others. Tiger is helping people improve their quirk by fighting and a lot of people are out in stressful or dangerous situations to push themselves. All that would do is trigger luck to try and protect me, once again, giving me no control over it at all.

Having a calm and stress free atmosphere means that luck won't be active, hell, it won't even be on, which gives me the chance to try and focus on changing probability.

I remember Doctor Hoga's notes; open the mind, breathe, act as one with your power without forcing it.

God knows how long I was sat there for, hands out in front of me, eyes closed, trying to feel at one with the universe.

But nothing happened.

I remained calm as best as I could, I'd been sat there for a good forty-five minutes and absolutely nothing had happened.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Do I have to specifically think about increasing the chance of it falling? But how am I meant to do that when I don't know what the chances of it falling are?

I guess I can just imagine the acorn falling?

Long story short, that didn't do anything either.

Keeping my mind open and stress free wasn't working anymore since I'd been sat under a tree for nearly two hours, waiting for an acorn to fall.

After getting up and walking around to stretch my legs for a bit, I sat back down.

"What are the chances of you falling?" I mutter very quietly, staring up at it. "Chances eh?" I sound completely insane, but talking out loud is helping me in an odd way, "how do I change the chances of you falling to 100%?"

100%. Hold on. I was panicking before because I didn't know the current probability of the acorn falling, but do I really need to? Can't I just change it to 100%?

I take a deep breath and sit cross-legged with my hands flat in my lap, palms facing upwards. Closing my eyes, I think about the acorn falling, visualising it in my head, which doesn't get me very far.

So I move onto imaging the stats increasing from whatever it may be to 100%. I'm sat there for so long, just imaging different things, from the numbers physically changing to a battery being charged.

I run my fingers through my hair and let out a deep breath. I close my eyes again but I've ran out of things to think of, so my mind goes completely blank. I can't think of anything at all, except the fact that I desperately want something to change.

Then it clicks. Like a physical click in my head, similar to when you crack a bone or pop something back in place. A satisfying, but slightly painful feeling that I somehow completely understand.

It's nothing how I expected it to feel, no surge of power, or manic energy, just something clicking back into place.

Maybe that wasn't it though? The acron still hasn't fallen, so obviously it hasn't worked at all.

I sigh and slowly open my eyes, only to be shocked that everything is very slightly tinted red, to the point of where you wouldn't have noticed if you weren't paying attention to something specific.

The second I opened my eyes, there was a solid thud on the palm of my hand, and I look down to see the acron sitting there.

I've done it.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro