{47} jackson, the dead

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Elizabeth sat across from her best friend, Jackson, at their favorite room in her house. It had been months since she had seen him, months spent agonizing over the betrayal she had experienced. She had wavered between anger and sadness, unsure if she did the right thing by forgiving them.

"I don't know if they deserve your forgiveness, Elizabeth, but I understand you," Jackson said, his voice filled with concern.

Elizabeth nodded, her eyes clouded with worry. She had always been a forgiving person, believing in second chances and the power of redemption. But this time, forgiveness didn't come easily. The pain ran deep, leaving traces of doubt in her heart.

"I missed them, Jackson. So much to the point where I forgave them without slapping the shit out of them," Elizabeth admitted, a touch of bitterness seeping into her words.

Jackson let out a chuckle. "Yeah, I can see that," he replied. "It's never easy when people we care about betray us. But forgiveness is a personal choice, and only you can decide whether it's worth it."

"Wise words from a dead person."

"Shut up."

Elizabeth sighed and giggled, then her mind filled with conflicting thoughts and emotions. "Look, I might have forgiven them, but I still don't fully trust them. I gave them a warning, though, and I won't hesitate to give them a life lesson if they decide to do something like that again," she said, her voice resolute.

Jackson nodded, understanding the guarded stance Elizabeth had taken. Trust was a fragile thing, and once it was broken, it took time to rebuild. But he worried about his friend, concerned that her desire for forgiveness might leave her vulnerable to further disappointment.

"Elizabeth, I admire your capacity for forgiveness, but you need to protect yourself too," Jackson said gently, reaching to hold her hand.

Tears welled up in Elizabeth's eyes as she squeezed his hand in gratitude. The weight of her decision was heavy, and she felt torn between the desire to mend what was broken and the fear of being hurt again.

"I know, Jackson. I've learned my lessons the hard way, and I won't let anyone walk all over me. Forgiving doesn't mean forgetting, after all," she whispered, her voice filled with determination.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro