2: Blue

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Normal people don't contemplate their favourite colour. 

I'm not a normal person.

I cogitate my decisions. No matter how small or insignificant they are. So when I decided that my favourite colour was blue, I meant it.

It's a pretty colour, but then, all colours are pretty. All of them also have certain meanings, purposes and uses in the business world.

I love it. Blue. It's the colour of a cloudless morning sky. An empty canvas waiting to be tainted by the sun's golden rays. It's the reason I like to wake up early. To watch as that tranquil sky colour morphs again and again until it turns into one hundred different shades of turquoise. That isn't even the best part. Just wait until the clouds start rolling in and you have yourself the best animation to ever be made. What makes it even better is that it's not man-made, totally and completely natural. Watching these huge puffs of cotton candy fill the sky then settle down to create images only a creative being can make out. 

Blue is also the colour of the sea, a beach plagued by people who rarely appreciate it for what it is. The once calm waves dancing to the winds' quiet songs. Music only a very silent person would hear. Sometimes these serene waves turn into angry storms. Something a sailer out in the ocean would admire. Dark navy curls roaring at the wooden body of a ship. Only the depths of the water can carry so much history, evidence of generation after generation, millions of evolutions. 

The colour of many precious gemstones. Sapphires and aquamarines. Stones so precious that they cost people a fortune, an arm and a leg as they say. Pieces of the very planet we live on, extracted to be given to a loved one as a gift. A proclamation of their commitment and loyalty. Supposedly, that is. They are priceless materials to be shown off, perhaps to boast about one's wealth.

And of course, no one ever fails to mention blue eyes. The cliche colour of a beautiful girl's eyes. Told in stories, movies and even social media that people now think of it as stereotypical. That's how people are though, they ruin things once they get bored with them.

Perhaps blue just struck me as a gorgeous colour, but I know for a fact that if anyone asks why it is my favourite colour, I'd have a million answers to their seemingly simple question.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro