31%

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

May 2014

Jahseh's POV

"Just sent our music to Scheme," I announce.

"I hope he fucks with it," Stokeley says.

Me and Stokes have been working hard on our music. We want to make it out, if not that, we want to put Broward on the map.

Writing music is addictive and helps me release feelings that I wouldn't be comfortable enough to express out loud.

I look around and see Reign walking toward our table.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with the girl, but if Charisma says she's weird, then I think she's weird too.

I flick Charisma's thigh. I know if I look at her she'll fuss at me, so I keep my eyes ahead and hope she'll get the message I'm trying to send her.

"Oh," I hear her say under her breath when she sees what I'm looking at.

"Heyyy," Reign sighs.

She doesn't get a hello from anyone.

"Where's Sky?" Charisma asks looking back down at the paper.

"Oh, yeah. She and Zae went off campus for lunch." She sits in front of me. "Was hoping I could chill with you guys?"

"You might as well," Stokeley snickers. "You already look comfortable."

We sit in awkward silence until Charisma sighs and stands up. "If she stays, I'm out." I stand up too.

"Hell nah, you two are not about to leave me with a stranger. Sit down." Stokeley says. "And finish reading my shit."

I look at Charisma to decide whether or not we're going to stay or go.

She rolls her eyes and sits back down, so I do too.

I know she isn't rolling her eyes at the situation, but at the fact that I'm copying her and she thinks it's cute.

Nobody says a word.

"So," Reign starts. "What're you guys reading."

"She's reading my lyrics," Stokeley responds.

"Oh, that's right! Jah! You write too, right? Can I read something you wrote?"

"Uh—"

"No." Charisma answers.

"No," I repeat.

"Chari, do we have a problem?" She says turning her gaze toward her. "Thought we were cool?"

Charisma finally looks her in the eyes and hands me the lyrics. "I don't know. Do we? Because we weren't this cool until my boyfriend came around."

"What?"

"Don't try to make me look stupid, bruh. Where's the sarcastic ass comments you had with me a few weeks ago?"

Reign tilts her head. "I was trying to start over with you, but I have a feeling you don't want that—"

"You want to start over with Jahseh."

"—So, I'm going to go," she finishes. She stands up, and when her back turns, she says, "And by the way, Zae and Sky are waiting for you to come out. I was supposed to remind you, but I forgot." She shrugs and walks off.

Nobody says a word until she's completely gone.

"Oh wow she's shady as fuck," Stoke says.

"As fuck!" Charisma adds and stands up. "You two coming?"

"Hell yeah—"

"No," I interrupt. "We aren't."

She reaches into the pocket of my jacket for her phone and checks the time. "You sure? We got like thirty minutes til prep is over. We can go grab something and I'll bring it back—"

"We're good," I say.

She looks at me then Stokeley who, I'm almost a hundred percent sure, is mouthing her his order.

She plants a kiss on my forehead then walks off. I wait until she's completely around the corner til I stand up. "C'mon."

Stokeley grabs his paper and throws his bag over his shoulders, "Where we going?"

"We about to go check this chick."

"Who? Reign? Yo, what's there to check? She likes you and is jealous."

"I know, but she tried to make my girl look like she was making shit up. And I don't fuck with that at all."

We make our way out the cafeteria and strode down the halls.

"So what are we finna do when we see her?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know!?"

I shrug, "If this was a nigga I would've beat his ass on sight, I don't know what to do with chicks." I look back, "A slap on the wrist, maybe?"

"That outta show her." He deadpans.

We keep roaming around until we see her sitting in the library on her phone. I nod my head in her direction.

Stokeley follows in behind me, and we walk up to her. She doesn't seem to notice we're here, so I take a closer look at her phone.

She's on my SoundCloud.

"The fuck—" Stokeley says out loud.

"Oh, if it isn't Master Splinter and Ski Mask the Slump—"

"The name isn't official," I interrupt.

"Well, I like it."

"I don't think I care what you like."

She sits up straighter once the smile on her face fades away, "So, what do you want?"

"I want you to stay the fuck away from Charisma."

She sucks her teeth and slouches, "Thought it was for something important."

"She is important," I hand her back all the things she's given me in the past. "And I want you to respect the relationship me and her have going on."

"Jah..." Her eyes water at the sight of the gifts I've returned to her. "You're seriously... Oh my God, she has your mind corrupted."

"What?"

"Charisma," she stands up. "Don't you think it's weird, Jahseh? How she came out of nowhere, you fell head over heels for her when we, we, we're supposed to be together?!"

"She's crazy as fuck," Stokeley mutters.

"I'm not about to entertain no bullshit, Reign. C'mon Stokes, let's go."

Stokeley walks ahead of me out of the library into the hall. Just before I make it out, Reign grabs my arm. "You promised me, Jahseh. And I never forget promises. We will be together again, even if that means Charisma will have to be out of the picture. And I put that on her life."

I push her off of me and take a moment to recollect myself. I will not put my hands on her but she's testing me. "If you know me so well you know I don't repeat myself. Touch her, and your soul will be in my fucking hands."

"Are you threatening to kill me?"

"I'm promising to kill you."

————

A/N: i ain't realize how long it's been since i updated... yk its bad if grammarly is calling you out😟

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro