(2)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was a dull Sunday morning, the rains were too heavy just like it had been on last night. Sameer was at his brother's house along with the baby sleeping in the guest room, his mother had insisted due to heavy rains. Slave of habit, though they had slept late, having no work and he was aching all over due to the boxing match he had with his brother in their gym, still he woke up. He freshened up and headed to the kitchen for making his black coffee..She would always make some or the other mistake, almost daily and he would make her stir him another cup...But after her he started making it himself, sometimes with some mistakes... Just like her.... He remembered with a smile.. He started being more positive after Love you and your reader.

Drinking his black coffee, he couldn't help his excitement at reading the (2) letter, but for that, the baby has to wake up, they have to freshen up and then drive back to his mansion. He looked at the watch which he forgot to remove last night, her favorite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were in New York,  for their extended honeymoon, because he had some important business transactions to be completed. She was in a gloomy mood, sitting in the car he had sent to pick her up from the luxurious flat their company owned there. Finally after 15 minutes of waiting in the parking lot, he came. He entered with a half smile and instructed the driver,  "To The Watch Collector." he said. Immediately after a nod from the driver, he pulled the barrier between the driver and them, and destroyed the barrier between him and her. He pulled her, in his lap, kissing her passionately. "I have been busy lately, I can see that, you are dull. So, I am going to get you and me a watch, a grand and expensive couple watch." He declared assuming the reason for her gloominess as his absence. She didn't react and he didn't pursue it further, this was common between them, reactionlessness.

They reached the place and were seeing various watches. Some he didn't like, some she didn't, some weren't classy enough and some were too subtle. They went through various antiques, not finding interest in even one. They both seemed to love Royal designs, but decided against it, "We are not here for that, baby. We want to find something classier." he had insisted. They managed to settle on a minimalist watch of her taste for him and a ring of his taste for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thinking back,  he felt why wouldn't for once he have had listened to her and bought a Royal type of watch,  he liked them to. He shook his head,  to get rid of unwanted thoughts, he didn't know then, that she would be gone, he thought to buy such mature watches, sometime later, maybe in one of their many anniversaries that he wrongly anticipated, they would celebrate. He had become positive, after the last letter. But Hoping to make up in future if you intentionally hurt someone, then you would be the one ending up in hurt, if that future ceases to exist.

These thoughts didn't really hurt him as much, the reassurance that she loved him was too much. He again headed to the gym, where he had given everyone a show, made his little niece Anika cry and his brother a little injured. They had fought a game of boxing. He had developed interest for boxing after his love was gone. Seeing his unnatural progress and passion, like he could have played for India, his brother too joined. Yesterday night, they decided to have a match and in his usual aggression, Sameer bet up his brother. He reached the gym and was surprised to see the lights on, he went in.

"Bhaiya, you are awake?" he asked his elder brother by 5 years.

"Damn it Sameer, my body's aching. Priyanka has got a reason to Tont me and Priyan thinks you're stronger than me, not to mention Anika thinks you're evil too. You took revenge, for all the trouble I gave you as children didn't you." cursed his elder brother, but it hit a wrong nerve.

"I am sorry." Came his meek voice as he sat beside his brother, he would have smiled for all the things his brother said but the word Revenge, filled his heart with bitterness.

His brother sensed it. After all, he had always been the one, to know all. He was almost a father figure. "You remembered gudiya(doll)?" he asked and Sameer wanted to scream when is it, that I don't. But just nodded. That nod was enough for his brother to understand both yesterday night and now, he was remembering her only.  His brother quickly changed the topic, though he loved her like own sister,  but still his brother was dearer. They talked about business and relaxed a bit. And finally,  the baby woke up and got dressed in New dress that was gifted by its Grandma and after all the family Drama, as Sameer would say it at the moment, they finally reached home and immediately for the letter.

Happiest birthday to my dear son. The baby clapped. It had started to understand what a mother is and often kept asking, where is she. Because apart from all the pictures, the baby had never seen her and now it felt happy because of his birthday and also because of the Letter from its Mama but still it didn't understand everything.

My life, my love, my everything. But still little to understand what mama means.... It pierced Sameer's heart.

You would have started walking, talking on fully I guess. I hope you are being a good boy, my king. He looked at the baby and went on. The baby may have understood had he said in Hindi, but he didn't...

And I hope more that the world is being good to you. Mama wants to protect you from anything that is bad. But you're too little to understand this. I am doing that for you, love. Sameer thought, while the baby didn't understand things clearly. But then chuckled a little, you only needed to be protected, how would you have protected babu.

I just want you to be happy, my love. "Love.. " The baby giggled, his 4 year old cousin Priyan, had mentioned it. But Sameer's lips twisted. That was not how a mother addresses a child, that was how she should have addressed him.

Happy Birthday. I really hope your Papa, is always there for you and is the one now reading the letter,  tell him to give you many hugs and kisses from my side. He smiled at that, of course, he will always be there for his son and he is the one reading it. He took the baby in his lap and kissed it's cheeks, and gave it a back hug. He hardly ever listened to her if she said anything when she was here, now that she is gone he is following her orders or requests, immediately.

Happy Birthday,  the light of my life. He completed, a little disappointed. He was mad but he didn't know on whom. He quickly left the place back to the gym in his house, to get rid of the pent up frustration. He had waited for a year for nothing, maybe she discreetly said she loved him...

But for the one, for whom this letter was written, didn't understand a thing.

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

Thank you!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro