(5)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Sameer stirred in his sleep. It was too early, even for a early bird like him. He heard some faint noises and his eyes landed on the clock in his room, 3 AM, it showed. But the moment he realised the voice was of his Son, he turned. There the poor Vedant was in a nightmare. The poor lad was continuously crying and stretching his hand. Sameer panicked and he was trying to wake the child up and without realising water, started to flow from his eyes too... The child with shut eyes was suffering a trauma.. A nightmare..

Sameer shook the child and he woke up. It took a moment for the little lad to understand that what he saw was just a dream. He stared at his father for a moment and launched himself on him. "Papa... " he sobbed more. "Calm down, kiddo... Shh... " Sameer tried to calm the child down. "Papa... Mama.. " the child had started crying so hard that he was unable to complete his sentence. Sameer sat up resting his back on the head board, the trembling child in his arms clinging on to him tightly.

"Calm down babu.. It's okay... " he said patting the baby's back and himself trying to remain calm. The baby relaxed and leaned it's head in his father's chest. It had calmed.. But still would suddenly cry... He was getting hiccups. Sameer tried to make him drink some water but the child didn't budge at all. After a few moments, he realised the child had completely calmed down. "Would you tell Papa?" Sameer asked gently. The child nodded but didn't release Sameer from his weak yet the strongest hold. "Mama.... Mama... " the baby tried to tell but again started crying. Sameer let it be and started cooing and whispering soothing things while rocking the baby along with him.

It all had started when a month ago one of the teachers from higher secondary section had spotted Vedant.  He was highly impressed by the good looking and well mannered boy and decided to take him as a lead in a play, about the love of a little boy and his Mom. The play had become quite a hit due to its emotional feel and Vedant quickly rose to fame. Not only was he a bit young for the role but he had done it well too. He knew the value of a mother. But poor him, he ended up gathering the hate of not only his classmates but also his seniors. He started getting bullied, as to 'how a motherless child can play a good and loving son'. As soon as, Sameer knew of it, he complained about it and took strict actions. But the damage was done.

Vedant had already started to terribly miss his mother. He heard stories of her, he wanted to meet her. He tried hard to make paintings of her. And the bulling didn't help him at all. "Papa.. " Sameer heard his son's faint voice as he was starting to drift to dreamland in his sitting position. "Yes... Yes.. Son.. " he asked. The baby stared at his dad. "Sorry, for disturbing your sleep." he said and Sameer shook his head at the maturity of the little boy, "Nothing like that, Vedant. Tell me.. " Sameer told gently yet his voice held a firmness. "I dreamt of Mama... That play... You remember.. I hugged you afterwards... Mama... " before he could complete he broke down again loudly sobbing. Sameer's heart constricted.. This was it. He couldn't take more. He lifted his child and started walking. He went to the gym and then to the pool, he switched on all the lights and threw Vedant in the pool.

The little boy was in shock. He knew to swim but in his sorrow, he hadn't realised when from bedroom, his father's arms, he ended up in water. He struggled and swam with difficulty to where Sameer was standing. "Dad.." he yelled suddenly his sorrow turning in to furry. Sameer grinned. "Stop crying Vedant. Man up and tell me. Or let it be. I know you are hurt. I also miss your mom. More than you. She was my wife. But, I have to move on. I have you, you have me. We have a future.. Your exams.. My new project at the company. We need to reminisce about your mother, but crying every time is not done." Our own moody and gloomy Sameer talked like a Saint. It would have been too much for a child, but Vedant got it partially and he was further shocked when his father also dived in pool yelling, "Catch Me."

They both had some fun and went to their own room to freshen up. Sameer brought some hot chocolate milk for him and the baby in his study and Vedant also came there. "Actually Papa.. Nothing when I hugged you... I saw in dream that Mama was observing this from far. She called me and when I ran towards her..she rose to the sky and disappeared.. " Vedant finally summoned his courage after half an hour of crying and an hour of having fun but still his eyes were moist. "I don't want to go to school today... Please... It's my birthday.." he requested. Sameer nodded. "Okay." he said hugging his Son, his eyes a bit moist too. "Go.. Get some sleep or you want to read the letter?" Sameer asked. They both had slept at 12:30 only after, Vedant had cut his cake as Sameer would start for Dubai in the afternoon for a business meet. "I want some Cake first." Vedant pouted. Sameer shook his head, "N. O. No. Got it? Come we will read letter. You aren't getting anymore cake." As Sameer said strictly and pulled the lad with him to the baby's room. "Papa.. Then teach me a new technique of boxing today." and they both bickered a little but they both knew it was just for fun. This time the baby's heart skipped as much beats if not more than Sameer's.

Happy Birthday to the world's best son. "I am the best Son?" Vedant asked unsure of himself. "Of course." Sameer said picking him up and placing a kiss in his cheek. "Read on." he insisted.

Baby, how have you being doing? "Good." the baby chirped and Sameer smiled.

Mama can't believe it's been 5 years, my little bundle of Joy,  must have multiplied. My cute baby,  has become a big boy? "Yes.. I am big boy.. I can swim.. Dad teaches me boxing." Vedant said proudly and Sameer resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He was not willingly himself teaching, if given an option, he would have waited but this boy and his uncle had forced, planned and trapped Sameer to teach him. Vedant didn't know the meaning of patience, only quality his parents shared, he inherited it.

A responsible child? "Yup" Vedant said popping the P.

I hope you have not forgotten to visit Krishna Mandir or distribute chocolates to street kids... Hmm.... Good boy... No my best boy.. In the world..  Vedant turned to look at his father but before he could speak, Sameer nodded, "We will go." he said and Vedant read further.

Ask papa to take you to your grandparents from both side and also your Tauji and Taiji, Maasi and Mama  from my side, and ask them to bless you to be happy. Tell them how much you love them. My lovely son,  blessings and teachings of elderly are most important. Spend time with them. And he happy, my innocent little son. You have no idea how much mama loves you,  but mama is not the only one who loves you, papa and all the family loves my brave and handsome sparkling baby. Happiest birthday,  my lovely one. Vedant read in one go and he felt instantly a 1000 times better. "I love you too Mama." he said kissing the letter and then kissed his father's cheek, "I love you Papa." he said. "I love you too, kiddo." Sameer said kissing the baby's forehead and caressed the letter tenderly, kissing the letter as if it were her hand. "I know." the baby giggled, "Mama told na, everyone loves me." Sameer smiled lovingly.  "I will take you to Tauji's place after temple and also to your Nanaji's house. Then I will drop you at Pooja Maasi's place. You can stay with Luv and Kush." Sameer said as he knew how much he enjoyed the company of his one year younger cousins and his favorite Maasi. "I will miss you Dad. Why can't I come with you to Dubai." he asked and Sameer knew that he would be busy so he consoled the child, "You will enjoy with Luv, Kush and Maasi." he said and now Vedant was getting sleepy.

He put the baby to sleep and reached back to his study. He typed message to everyone he was to visit. He packed his bag and ordered the servant to put it in the car. He would directly leave for the airport. But all the while, his mind couldn't stop thinking about his wife. He had done the 'throw in water' thing with her also. A smiled played on his lips..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were just back from their honeymoon, it was a very cold winter Sunday. "Sameer, I need to go. Leave me! What is your problem? Anyway I will be back before evening. Didi really wants to meet me." Vedanta kept on speaking moving back. Her back hit the door and Sameer was hovering over her in his sleeveless shirt. "You can meet her on weekdays, right? When I am at office? Now I am at home, then why do you want to go? I have decided even not to work... For you... For spending time with you.. " Sameer said gently caressing her cheeks. She gave him a stare. But she quickly showed something behind him and by the time he knew it, she was running. But he caught, her in the end of stairs. She thought she was safe as many maids were busy cleaning the room and now they were staring at her and Sameer as he was holding her wrist. But she didn't realise how shameless her husband was. He didn't care and picked her up at the cost of her burning cheeks and walked to the gym, to the pool and splashed, her in pool exactly like he had done with his son. She was drenched in water and shock. And then he jumped in it too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a beautiful memory for him, that came back. He hadn't realised that he had walked back to the pool. His eyes could literally see her in that semi transparent white Kurti of hers, her pink lips quivering, her eyes a little angry and her blush and herself in the pool shivering. He gently touched the water. Advising, Vedant to move on was one thing... Doing it himself was impossible. For him, she was everywhere and everything reminded him of her, like it had just happened and she was here just a moment ago. That day, Vedant followed his mother's instructions. He prayed to God, got to see the smiles of children around his age as he gave them chocolates, took blessings of his Dadiji, Tauji and Taiji. Played with his cousins, had lunch with them. Sameer's mother was shocked as Sameer himself was never disciplined enough to touch the feet of elders. Though she would rather die than confess, but she had already regretted for never liking her second daughter in law and forcing her son to remarry. Sameer would never do that, he could never love some one else, that's not her.

They bid their farewell and reached Vedant's Nanaji's house. There also everyone adored Vedant and blessed him to always be happy. He never once failed to tell everyone that he loved them. Finally, Sameer dropped Vedant at the home of someone, who he didn't allow his wife to go... Years ago. "Pooja Maasi." Vedant yelled and ran to her. She engulfed him in a warm hug. Behind her were little Luv, Kush and Shirija running towards their elder brother, "Vedant Bhaiya." came there chorus voice as they did a little group hug. Vedant loved being elder brother. He wanted siblings, but he never told this to Sameer. A very wide grinning Sameer and Pooja were watching this little show put by the little musketeers.

But Vedant pulled back and hugged Sameer, he suddenly became emotional but he won't show it before his younger cousins, "Bye." he said in a whisper. Sameer also felt a bit emotional, though it was just a week. They only had each other, so they were very close. "Bye, son." he said and slowly his car retreated. Vedant was gloomy but he just loved his Maasi's place and food, which was always accompanied by his mother's tales, sometimes real, sometimes a little fictional. Pooja knew how much Vedant adored her. On the other hand, Sameer was also drowned in her memories. She had left them, yet not.

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

Guys this takes a lot of time to write, so please..

Thank you!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro