2. Manal

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Walking all alone in the dark alley, I couldn't help, but feel uneasy. The night was cold, quiet and dark. The feeling of someone following me couldn't be shaken off. "I should have waited for Farouq. Ya Allah, please protect me." I muttered to myself. I should have listened to my heart and stayed back. I shouldn't have attended the party.

With heart thudding vigorously in my chest, I increased my pace. I just needed to get to the main road and everything would be fine.

Few minutes into the walk, I heard the sound of footsteps shuffling behind me, like predators aiming at their prey. I tensed up and halted in my tracks. My heart began to pound violently in my chest. I felt too afraid to even do anything. I stayed glued to my spot, but that didn't stop the footsteps from approaching.

Mustering all of the courage left in me, I spun around and to my utmost horror, two men - more like thugs were standing just few inches away from me.

Ya Allah, please protect me! I don't want to die like this.

I spun back around and started walking, my pace increasing rapidly.

"Hey! Where the f*** do you think you're going, bit**" One of the men slurred.

By the tone of his voice, I could tell he was drunk or high. The rate of my fear intensified.

Ya Allah!

Contrary to what they wanted, I increased my pace and started running as far as my tired legs could carry me.

"You can't outrun us." One of the men laughed viciously.

I shuddered in extreme fear, but that didn't stop me from running. I ran as fast as I have ever had and just when I thought I they had lost me, they appeared in front of me. The first man was short and had full, bushy beards, while the second man was slightly taller than the first man. Unlike him, he didn't have beards and he was light skinned. "What do you want from me?" I cried. "Is it money? How much do you want? I have some cash here, take it." I shoved my bag at the first man's chest.

"So generous of you." He derided, clutching the bag to his chest. "We will definitely take this and have our fun with you as well."

"Seems we're lucky today." The second man added with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Please no." Tears blurred my vision, my hands began to tremble violently and my voice quivered as I spoke. "I'm just seventeen. Please let me go." I cried.

"Seventeen?" The second man chuckled. "You look twenty something and besides, seventeen isn't small. In fact, I prefer younger girls with no experience - this way, I can do whatev-

"You already have the money, what else do you want from me?" I screamed, cutting him off. I just needed them to let me go. I couldn't even imagine what they were planning to do to me. The streets were dark and lonely. No passersby could be seen. My fear intensified.

"Enough of the chitchat, pretty." He sneered. "Just admit it; this is what you wanted, right? Why else would you be roaming about in the middle of the night?"

"I... I wasn't roaming-" due to how fast I was pushing the words, I nearly choked on my breath. "I was just coming from a friend's party. I didn't know it was this dark already. I'm sorry, please have mercy on me and let me go. I will give you whatever you wa-"

"Shut up!" The first man bellowed. "Adam, check her bag and tell me how much is in there." He handed the bag to his partner.

I watched as the zip of my bag was roughly opened and how the content of the bag was scattered all over the place. But that was the least of my concern. In fact, I wanted them to take everything I had in the bag, the bag included, if that would make them leave me alone.

"There is only five thousand, five hundred naira here." He informed.

"Alright. Let's get to business. We have wasted enough time already." The first man suggested.

Business?

Before I could comprehend what they meant by that, Adam already had me over his shoulder. I screamed and thrashed around. I even went to the extent of hitting him with all of the strength I could muster, but my efforts were futile. He didn't let me go, instead his arms tightened around my legs. Hot tears streamed down my cheeks. "Please, mister, let me go. What you are going is wrong. Remember, Allah is watching you. Don't do this, please." I tried to make them have pity on me. I couldn't let my life get destroyed like this! I still had so many plans I was yet to fulfil.

"It's okay, you can drop her here."

I was dropped on the floor. The two men exchanged looks and Adam nodded his head, giving him the 'go ahead' with me.

My eyes widened and I shook my head vigorously. "Please don't do th-"

I was cut off by a resounding slap on the face. "One more word from you and I swear, I'm going to kill you!"

With teary eyes, I looked up at him. How could someone be so inhumane? He didn't even have an ounce of sympathy or conscience in him. For their dangerous plan to succeed, I rather be killed by them.

He got over me. Both his legs were on each side of my body and I was trapped in between them. I tried to get up, but he grabbed both of my hands and pinned them above my head. "Jarma, hold her hands tightly." He ordered, which he did instantly.

Please save me. Anyone.

I opened my mouth to shout, but the man above me quickly covered my mouth with his hand. Left with no alternative on how to free myself, I bit him on the palm, hard. I could taste the metallic taste of blood on my lips.

"You bitch!" He bellowed and backhanded me. His eyes had turned another shade of dark and his lips constantly twitched. "I have been too lenient with you, but not anymore." He started unfastening the belt of his pant.

The other man watched with an unending smile plastered on his face. He was deriving pleasure from my misery. They were enjoying my pain. These weren't human, they were beasts! Tears rolled down the sides of my face. I was tired. I didn't want to give up and let them have their way. I didn't want to do that, but I was slowing losing my strength and hope that someone out there would hear my screams and come to my aid.

Just as the man began to lean in and was about to steal a kiss from me, someone knocked him out, by hitting a huge plank on the back of his head. His limp body fell on mine.

My breathing skyrocketed.

"Hey!" The first man lunged towards him, but was met with the same fate as his partner. He fell backwards with a thud.

I quickly threw the first man's body from mine and let out a scream. I should be happy they were stopped. Actually, I was. I was indeed very grateful, but I couldn't help, but imagine how my situation would have been if it wasn't for the stranger that saved me. He might have done it out of humanity, but to me, he had done me a huge favor. A favor I would never be able to repay. I would forever be indebted to him. More tears prickled and streamed down my cheeks.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked, crouching down to my level.

For some inexplicable reason, I couldn't bring myself to look my savior in the eyes. I felt dirty. Really dirty. He must probably be disgusted in me, as I was of myself.

"Young lady." He called in the most soothing voice I had heard all day. "Please look at me. Are you alright? Do you need me to take you to a hospital? Did they hurt you?" He bombarded me with series of questions.

If the situation had permitted it, I would have rolled my eyes at him, for I hated being asked questions upon questions. I easily get confused. But since he saved me, I felt nothing towards him, but gratitude, yet I still couldn't bring myself to look at him.

"That's it!" He muttered to me or to himself, I really didn't know. "I'm taking you to the hospital."

Hospital? No way!

My mind suddenly drifted to my parents. "Innalilahi wainnaillahi raji'un!" I sprinted up. "I'm dead! My parents, what am I going to tell them. Ya Allah!"

"Young lady, will you please calm down? What's happening to you?" The stranger asked, his tone laced with worry.

Raising my head to take a look at the man that had been conversing with me, everything surrounding us went on a standstill. It didn't seem like we were the only ones in the midst of the dark alley, but in the midst of the whole world at large. His face was illuminated by the moon. I couldn't take in his chiseled good looks without drowning. His brows were bushy and curly at the same time, his eyes, I could get lost in the depths of his brown orbs if I had not averted my gaze from them to his nose. I didn't know if he was a hypnotist, but I was utterly hypnotized by him. "It is...him! Jawad!" I muttered underneath my breath.

Assalamu'alaykum/ hello everyone!

Where are the lovers of Manal? You guys aren't commenting o. You people are already making me start to lose interest in this book 😢

Please comment, vote, share if you want me to continue ❤

Who's Jawad?

deey_jah
❤❤❤

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro