6. It's just the beginning

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Oh god I am so so so much overwhelmed with response. Seriously I wasn't planning to publish it today but you guys made it impossible for me n so here is the update. Thank uhh so much guys. Love you all.

N A N D I N I

What just happened?

A moment before I was in his arms, fighting a mental war but now when he is gone why do I feel so strange...so cold? Right then I heard my brother, Abhimanyu. "Nandini are you there?"

"Abhi where have you been I have been trying to mind link you?"

"Our pack was attacked by rogues and this time someone had definitely supported them." And I am the reason behind this. It took all my willpower to not shed tears. "Somehow we managed to survive the war but it's too risky out here."

"Abhi you OK..right?" I blinked away the tears that formed in my eyes.

"I am. Don't worry Mukti is here for me."

Mukti, Abhi's mate, we found her a year ago lying near the river of our pack. She was badly wounded and she said she was a rogue. After so much difficulty Mukti accepted Abhi as his mate.

"Hey you there." My trance was broken.

"Yeah."

"Where are you and is everything alright?"

"I am at the silver moon pack."

"Silver moon pack? God I am coming to rescue you."

"Abhi relax it's my mates pack."

"You found your mate?"

"Yeah but I haven't accepted him."

"Why? What happened? Is he a monster? Does he treats you badly?" I could clearly figure out he was saying it through his clenched jaws.

"Abhi relax. He is so good in fact he loves me but you know what the priest had said: I am a Danger."

Right then I heard the door click and saw a beautiful girl of around my age standing on the door.
"Greetings Luna." She bowed her head to respect me but I didn't like it at all.

"Please don't call me Luna and you can greet me formally." I said with frowns.

"But lu-"

I cut her in between. "Nandini."

"So everyone has accepted you as the Luna. Then why can't you just accept him? Who gets a mate who loves and cares for you?"

"Abhi please-" I was fed up with all the mental war.

"OK I am coming to meet you..may be within few days after, all the things are settled down."

" Abhi dad-" A lump arose on my throat once again and a knit formed in my chest when I took his name.

"Nandini don't you dare blame yourself for dad's death. You are nowhere at fault." He tried making me understand but I just couldn't get rid of the guilt. "Nandini-" I disconnected the mind link.

"So I see you were mind linking someone?" The girl asked as she sat down on the bed just beside me.

"Yeah my brother Abhimanyu." I tried gulping the lump that arose on my throat.

"Hey I am Navya, the mate of beta Cabir." She introduced herself. "I was from blue moon pack, the daughter of gamma Suraj."

So she too was from my pack and that's the reason I felt like she was one among me.
"Aren't you also from blue moon pack?"

"Yeah, the daughter of Alpha Raj." Trust me it's so hard to hide emotions. I looked to the other side, trying to blink away the tears.

"I never got to see you around. I only knew your name. People said that you were special. I wanted to meet you and here I am meeting you." She said with a small smile.

'I am not special. I am just a burden.' I thought to myself.

And this is the first time Niti didn't even say a word. She is still angry with me. Sigh!

"Is everything alright in the pack?" I asked.

"Rogues attack. It's the third time in a day. I am really worried. Cabir had just recovered and now again he went for the war." Navya said in a low and worried tone.

Hearing this, an unknown fear engulfed me. They are here and they won't stop until they get me.
"Leave." I said rather ordered her.
I could feel my body heating up and I knew my powers were going out of control. I shut my eyes tightly and clutched the bed sheet trying to suppress my powers but a lone tear escaped my eyes.
"Luna what happened?" She stretched her hand to touch me but I stepped back.

"Please leave." I yelled, clutching the bed sheet even more tightly.

"Don't let them in.
Don't let them see.
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know."

I mumbled under my breath, closing my eyes tightly and fisting the bed sheet even more. The pain had started to spread in my body and a sudden fear gripped my heart. Navya placed her hands on mine but I instantly jerked it away and ran out of the room, slamming the door.

"Don't let them in.
Don't let them see.

I mumbled as I ran aimlessly through the corridor. I could feel Navya behind me but I increased my pace and in the next moment I was out of the pack house into the dark woods. The heat was unbearable and a howl escaped my throat in the struggle of digesting the heat. I ran aimlessly through the dark woods in my human form.

I ran even more faster when I heard the rustling of leaves. I knew by now Navya was searching for me in her wolf form.
Within the next moment my path was blocked by a grey wolf and by the scent I knew it was Navya.

"Stay away." I shouted but she didn't. She took a step towards me and involuntarily I threw my hands up in the air but my powers went out of control and a fireball hit Navya. Navya howled in pain. I palmed my mouth to control the sob but my eyes betrayed. I hurt someone once again.

I ran to the opposite direction and before I knew where I was running, my mates smell hit my nose. It somehow did help in reducing the unbearable heat but still the pain was there.

I hid behind a tree when I saw around twenty wolves in a clearing, ripping each others head. The scene sent shivers down my heart.

Blood! Blood!

I bit my lower lips
"Don't let them in.
Don't let them see.
I mumbled under my breath , trying to control the tears but my eyes betrayed. Through my blurry vision, I saw that the pack wolves were outnumbered amongst the rogues. Amongst them I spotted Manik in his wolf form, Parth. He was the most beautiful, majestic and the royal wolf, I had ever seen. I bet he smelled my scent, he looked towards my direction with his blue eyes. And right when he shifted his gaze, a huge wolf leaped forward and clawed Parth. My heart beat crashed against my chest.

To be continued..

I don't know how it was but hope it wasn't a mess. Do vote and comment. And heartily thank you😘😘😘.

Love ❤😘
Aaku

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro