Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Azmaish to phir man-pasand cheez se shuru hoti hai
Dil jis baat par a'ari karta hai, Rab usi baat par azmata hay
—Baba Jee

—'

THE HANDLES in her grip could only beg for mercy as she pulled them to increase the speed of the scootie which she ran.

She wasn't someone crazy to do it but she was running late for her friend's wedding ceremony. How sad. She was the one who helped decorating her and flew back to India just to attend the huge day in her friend's life.

She couldn't miss the ceremony. Please!

After she was the last person left behind to attend her friend's wedding ceremony, she found no car to drive her to the place. She only had to grab her friend's scootie. She was glad that she learned to drive even though she was the most famous ballerina of America and had as many driver as she could hire.

Her phone was ringing but she didn't desire to answer the caller. She grabbed her phone and checked the message that popped upon the screen, right above the blurred lockscreen wallpaper she used.

It was by her friend as she wrote; Rufus' car got a problem, Jules! Pick him up if you find him anywhere on the road ;)

She put the phone, chuckling. However, she was excited to meet Raphael whom her friend called Rufus, which was his nickname.

She was going to see him after years. The last time she saw him, she was very young and was ready to fly to America for further studies and to pursue her career.

Now, when she was a star, she was back, and her desire above everything was to meet Raphael Levi, the guy who was her childhood best friend. He was her guardian angel.

But, was she going to find him on the road, just as her friend suggested? She knew she was joking but... who knows. Right?

She wanted to see him. She wanted to meet him. How did he look after growing up? Was he the same in looks or he gained some more muscles to beat any guy who'd raise even eyes to look at her?

If she wasn't going to find him on the way, she was surely going to find him at the wedding. After all, he was the groom's friend!

Her heart was thumping in utter excitement to see him.

On the way, at some distance as she neared it, she found a man standing behind the border.

His arms were folded on his chest and he was tapping his foot restlessly against the ground. He was surely waiting for someone to arrive. By his side, a car was parked. She learned that it got some problem.

Wait!

Her eyes blinked and she wondered if he was really Raphael standing there. So, her friend wasn't joking about it? His car really got damaged. But... how was it possible? She couldn't believe that coincidence, come on!

However, it was still not confirmed that he was the same Raphael Levi she knew.

She had no car yet she stopped, surprising him with the fact she was ready to help him with a scootie.

Look man, if he was waiting for Roy's Royals to arrive for him, then it was not possible. Rightly said, no?

He stared at her, confused. He wanted a taxi to stop, not a girl with a scootie.

His eyes travelled down her outfit. She was wearing a white dress with a lovely workmanship on the border. Her dupatta was heavy and pink. She looked lovely. Only her mouth could be seen as she wore the helmet. Her silver bangles clunk against each other as she raised her arms to remove the helmet and there, her eyes met his.

He forgot why he was checking her out when their eyes met. She was beautiful and lovely, and it looked like he knew her already.

Not so many years passed enough to forget faces.

She also ran her gaze down his outfit. He was wearing a tailored suit, a flower in his breast pocket looked cute to her. He was really the groomsmen.

As she grabbed her phone to unlock it and show him the message, he studied her face, wondering if she was the one—the lovely friend he had in his childhood.

He breathed softly, wondering if she was real. He wanted her to be her—Juliette. She showed him the screen where there was the message and he looked at it just to roll his eyes.

Found him on the road? What did she mean by it?

But above that, he read the name; Jules, and his breath hitched.

Jules?

He swallowed, looking at her once again. "Juliette?" he asked, his voice low and uncertain.

She nodded her head happily, her earrings jiggling by her cheeks. His breath was stuck but he didn't show it. He wasn't expecting to find an old friend while waiting for a taxi on the road!

He smiled gently, stretching his hand. "Raphael, remember?" he said, still reading her face.

How happy she looked by meeting him! But he didn't show any traces of happiness by seeing her. What was his problem?

She didn't complain and accepted the offer. Their warm hands held each other to greet, the soft touch seemed to crawl up his arm to caress his chest where he needed comfort the most.

She looked stunning with that lovely smile on her face while he had a simple look and a simple smile which he could show to anyone.

Stretching back his hand, she gestured him to get on the scootie.

"No, I was waiting for a taxi. It's okay. I'll reach on time. You go," he excused, glancing back at his car. The driver was still having troubles in reparing whatever was damaged.

He knew he needed a ride to reach on time.

She tapped on his shoulder to get his attention. "Why so formal? I'm your friend. Come on! We have the same destiny!" Was it so?

He understood some of the gestures she made and nodded his head. "Hope, it won't be a problem," he still muttered, getting behind her.

She rolled her eyes. "Do you want me to pinch the life out of you?"

He chuckled. "No." And the ride begun.

He put his hands on her shoulders as she drove. The sweet scent she wore was troubling his mind. She still wore the same fragrance of roses and honey. She wasn't just sweet in nature, even her scent was sweet.

After years they were meeting. She looked so happy to see him once again but his face didn't show anything. He wondered if Juliette noticed it. Did she?

It wasn't like he hated her but seeing her after years just made his heart faint in a lethal manner. He was also glad to see his friend, even more than she was. She had no idea of what was going through him after seeing her.

She was his best friend.

Soon, they reached the church and he got down. She followed after, throwing the edge of her dupatta over her shoulder as it slipped down.

She bent down to grab her purse after putting the helmet inside.

"Are you waiting for me?" she asked, smiling. "I may take some time. You can go."

"We came together so we should go inside together, too, shouldn't we? I can wait for you." He shrugged, not making it a big deal.

"Thank you." She then turned around and brought out a mirror to look at herself.

Her hair was still set and her make-up was good. She still looked perfect and Raphael silently watched her doing so.

Why were girls so conscious of it? He couldn't ask it loudly, but only stared at her face through the mirror. She couldn't see his reflection from the angle but from his side, he could see their faces.

Getting done, she put it inside. She hung the purse before moving ahead, expecting Raphael to follow her but then, she felt a tug on her dupatta which stopped her.

She looked behind only to see the net of her dupatta was stuck at his wristwatch. When did that even happen?

She blinked at him. "I'm sorry," her words were meek.

"It's okay," he replied, moving his hand to release her dupatta.

She quickly stepped back to prevent him from doing it. She didn't want any risk. His manly strength could leave a hole in her beautiful scarf. She didn't want it to happen.

Their fingers brushed as she silently took the lead. She gently released the net from the hook, sighing.

Without saying a word, she then walked ahead, him following behind.

"I could also do it," he said, looking down at her. She reached his Adam's apple. No doubt she was a ballerina.

"Actually, I couldn't afford to see a hole in my dupatta if you'd have tried." She shrugged, earning herself an eyeroll from him. "Was I wrong? I saw you were just fumbling."

"I was about to have it done," he protested, a frown coming on his face.

"Maybe in your dreams." She giggled, trying to hide it. They walked through the wide and tall gates of the church.

He observed her without a word, learning that she didn't change. She was still that girl who cracked lame jokes about him and laughed alone.

She was still that Juliette Abrams.

—'☆

The mirror reflected the young girl's beautiful face. The smile on her face was as precious as a diamond.

She was happy as today was her wedding and her groom was the man she loved. It was a special day for her.

The girls around her were as if spellbound by her appearance. She looked as beautiful as an angel, and they were happy for her. Why wouldn't they be?

The veil was put on her head, letting the border fall in front—long enough to hide her eyes. Her smile could be seen, her lips painted red.

Her fingers gently held the deeply worked border, feeling the smooth threads woven together.

The beautician held it above her head with a pin, saying, "You're the most beautiful bride I've ever see, Akhsah."

Her eyes raised up to look at the woman standing behind her, wide open behind the white veil. Her lips curled up in a small smile as she said, "Because of my parents."

Her mother chuckled, standing behind. Her sister-in-law agreed with the fact.

The same moment, a knock on the door interrupted the women inside the room. The person walked in and Akhsah saw it was her father.

"Dad," she said, getting up from the chair. Holding the gown, she turned around.

The man looked at his daughter and smiled. "You look gorgeous, sweetheart," said he, walking ahead to reach her.

"Thank you," she mumbled. Her eyes blinked and she saw her eldest brother also entering the room with a solemn expression.

She wondered if everything was alright.

"Uh... I had something to tell you, Akhsah," said her father, getting her attention. "Please, excuse us," he announced to the outsiders around.

They obeyed and all walked out, leaving only the family members.

As soon as they were gone, her father turned to look at her and said, "Drishal won't marry you, Akhsah."

The girl, obviously, was confused after listening to her father. What was her father was saying?

Not only Akhsah but also her mother and sister-in-law were confused after listening to Adam, her father.

"What are you saying, Adam?" Her mother stepped ahead, putting a hand on his shoulder. Her bangles slipped back as Adam looked at her over his shoulder.

His lips released a sigh. "His family has demanded a huge amount for our Akhsah all of a sudden, along with shares in our company." He faced his wife, coming to stand beside his daughter. "I had no problem in giving them anything they demanded but I saw they're all just greedy."

"Drishal wanted to marry our Akhsah for her wealth. He was only waiting for a chance to ask for it. He has said that he won't marry her if we failed to give him wht he demanded," her brother also added, his tome was dry enough to let the anger surface its presence.

"But..." Akhsah interrupted, "He loved me."

A few words that escaped her lips for her fiance showed how much they meant for her. She loved him but he could not. What a tragedy.

Adam looked at his daughter. She looked broken. Her eyes were brimming with tears already. He knew she loved Drishal selflessly. Such a change in him was like an attack to her guts.

He wished to comfort her but her heart was already been attacked. By the very person she trusted the most.

"He lied, Akhsah." Her brother pinched the bridge of his nose. "His parents are shameless and he never said a word against their absurd demand. I already saw how greedy he was!"

"Calm down, Barak," his wife said, her voice soft just like her touch on his shoulder. He nodded his head.

"So... now?" her mother asked. "They know it'll bring shame to our family's reputation. Can we take a risk?"

"We can't, Eva," said Adam, looking at his wife. "I know I'm not giving my daughter to any man who's greedy. We've talked to my Dad and he's given a suggestion. If Akhsah likes?"

The girl blinked her tearful eyes, looking at her father. She didn't have to ask what was it. Her father understood her more than anyone.

"Your grandfather wants you to marry Eliab, your sister-in-law's brother."

—'☆

The white walls of the bathroom stared at the girl who was sitting on the tiled floor, her state ruined.

She looked shattered. Her heart was shaken by the very roots and her eyes were shedding tears of what fate brought to put before her eyes.

Sweat trailed down her temple, her dark locks sticking to her cheeks. Tears flooding through her eyes left their traces on her flushed cheeks. She was devastated.

She looked at the white thing in her hand which showed two lines. A woman should be happy to know that she was pregnant but it wasn't with Mahira.

The news was like a nightmare to her. Wish she could be happy like any other woman but she could not.

More tears rolled down her cheeks. She put aside the machine and got up. She needed to tell him about it.

Walking back into her room, she first pulled over the curtains. She grabbed her phone and clicked on recent dials. She looked at the name on the screen and pressed on it.

She waited for him to pick up the call but he did not. She tried at least ten times and finally, he answered.

"What's your problem, Mahira? Are you crazy or what? If someone isn't answering you, that means the person doesn't want to talk to you!"

Mahira ignored his harsh tone and rude words. He was always like that. He had anger issues and she forgave him. The concern that made her cry her eyes out was more important to her.

"Ibzan, I'm pregnant," she said in a breath, anticipating for his reply. She wondered what he was going to say.

And to break her heart, he muttered after a long pause, "Abort it." 

—'☆

Hope you liked the prologue!

Please, don't forget to leave a comment. It's my new book, after all. Your support matters.

Also, I've made some changes in Raphael and Juliette's character along with changing Juliette's name. Hope, you won't be confused.

Thanks for reading.
Stay happy, stay beautiful.
Jesus loves you <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro