1 | Lemmons

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

| Imagine |

"What are you gonna do when the war ends?" You ask Kenny. Both of you gazing into the dark sky on top of the wing of your airplane.

"I'm gonna go home to my family, my siblings and then I'm gonna get a house and then I'm gonna enjoy the quiet life" Kenny listed and his words made you smile.

He was so innocent and pure. So good.

"You?" He asks and looks over at you. "God, I don't even know" You admit with a sigh.

"What did you dream of before the war?" Kenny pressed. "I barely remember. It's been so long" You begin and pause.

"I used to dream of seeing my sisters graduating from Oxford. Their dream. But Hitler made sure that isn't happening. My parents were killed in a bombing as well, I'm all alone now, so I suppose I want to find a place; a home, to mend my pain and losses once this is all over" you say and sigh.

Oh the losses this war has caused you. You lost your entire family to bombs, then you lost your friends and your family in the Air Force.

Everyone that believed in you, as the first woman in the battle field. Gone. All of them.

There was only Lemmons and Rosie left.

"A home can be a person too? You know" Kenny said after a while and you reached over and took his hand in yours. "I know" You whispered with a smile.

You were deeply in love with the young mechanic chief but your losses made you not want to act on them.

You couldn't handle losing a lover. A home, as Kenny had said. It would be too much, it would without doubt push you past your breaking point.

So you didn't act on it. Though in moments like these, it was hard.

Kenny made it hard. He was without doubt the nicest and sweetest man you had ever met— and boy his looks were flawless. Everything you ever wanted, you saw in him.

Which is why losing everything you ever wanted was not an option. It would be a breaking point.

"What are you thinking about?" Kenny asked and squeezed your hand back, he turned his head towards you and you looked away.

"War" was all you replied, pushing him away once again. You let go of his hand and cleared your throat before sitting up, he followed suit as he grew confused by you obviously pushing him away.

"What's wrong?" He asked and reached out for your hand again, but you pulled away as if his touch stung. "Don't uh— don't worry about me" you lamely said and stood up.

"Why do you do that?" Kenny called out, you froze in your steps and felt your heart drop.

"Why do you push me away every time you accidentally let me in?" He asked. He was honest and needed to understand.

"I can't do this, Kenny. That's all" you say and turn around to face him. "Do what? We're just talking" Kenny pushes.

But he knows what you mean, he just wants you to say it.

"Alright, Kenny. Whatever you say" you don't give into his mind game and you turn in your heel.

"Don't go" his voice makes you pause once again. Goddamn the effect he had on you.

"I can't do this, I can't be here talking to you at night. I can't do soft and heart to heart, I can't take it" You say in defeat.

"Why not?" Kenny asks and steps closer to you on the wing. "I just can't. Kenneth" you snap.

"You're running, Y/N. Maybe it's time to stop and accept your feelings" Kenny says.

"My feelings? You're the one who—" you stop yourself from finishing that sentence and you hop off the wing.

"I'm the one who what?" Kenny jumps down after you and grabs your arm, pulling you back to face him.

"You give me these feelings, Kenny! Goddamnit, feelings I can't afford to have. Do you understand?" You explode, desperation and vulnerability shining through your voice.

"Y/N..." Kenny trails off as he approaches you, leaving no more than an inch between your lips.

"Don't be afraid" Kenny whispered before wrapping his hand around the back of your neck, he pulls you into a kiss.

You kiss him back, but even as you feel fulfilled, you begin to feel your heart sinking.

"Wait—" you say only for Kenny to shut you up with his lips. "Stop overthinking. I'm here" he quickly says breathlessly and kisses you again.

Your hands tangle into his curls and his right arm wrapped around your waist while his left hand cupped your cheek.

In the moment you decide to stop running and overthinking. Yet you know a loss like Kenny Lemmons would devastate you to your very core.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro