19| Chapter Nineteen

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

ALEXI

Slade sat silently behind the big desk reading some documents. His brother sat on the couch with a book and a notepad. Every few minutes he would write something down before reading again. My eyes wondered over to the floor to ceiling bookshelves covering one side of the room. Glancing at them again, I stood and made me way over to the shelves. Some titles were familiar and some were foreign to me. The twins refused to tell me more about the people that lived with us. I also wasn't allowed to go anywhere in the house without either of them with me. It was like they threatened everyone to stay away from me.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing,” I muttered.

Reaching the end of the books, I turned around. Fury was watching me with narrowed eyes. Giving him a bright smile, I walked over to him. I hesitated only for a second before pulling the book and notepad from his hand.

“Lexi-”

I sat down on his lap so I could look at Slade as well. Wrapping my arm around his neck, I leaned back against him. His eyes caught mine.

“Tell me more about mates,” I said.

Slade slowly lowered the papers he had been reading as he looked at me. I've been doing some research about them. There were really good books in the library they had downstairs, but I wanted to hear it from them.

“What's a Soulmate?”

“A Soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you, accepted you for who you are. Someone with whom you share a deep affinity and understanding with,” he said softly.

“It's the perfect other half or counterpart to our soul,” Fury whispered.

“Everyone is born with a soulmate although not everyone finds them. You have no choice in the matter, because as soon as you scent or see each other. You will become attuned, through body and soul. It's not a telepathic bond but you will be somewhat bound until the physical part of finding the other half to your soul is over.”

“Once you've completed the mate bond, you can move away from each other, but you will feel sick, physically or mentally, until you are back with them. Once you find your soulmate you won't be able to bear children with another. Your body won't allow that.”

“Wow,” it was all I could get out.

Fury chuckled. He reached out to move the hair from my face. My attention was drawn to Slade as he stood. He walked around the desk towards us and then took a seat on the couch opposite. For a moment he only watched us silently. His eyes caught mine. I smiled at him which made him smile in return. Slade leaned forward with his elbows on his knees.

“The first of our kind to walk on earth was a woman named Cynthia. She was the first shifter. She met a man and she fell in love. Back then your people were afraid of our kind, of what we could do.” He pulled a face. “ Cynthia fell in love with a human. She believed that he loved her so she agreed to do whatever he wanted. They got married and started a family. When Cynthia found out about the pregnancy she was over the roof. She was happy but it all changed. A few months later she started getting extremely sick. She was weak and couldn't carry the baby to full term. The same happened to the second baby. Then she realized that she only got sick whenever she was pregnant. She caught her husband poisoning her food. In her sadness and pain she lashed out at him. She scared him. The villagers believed her to be a witch.”

“They started spreading rumors,” Fury continued. “They haunted her. Drove her from her home and into the wild until she finally snapped. She was burned to death but her soul never left earth. Cynthia created her own kind, but she gave us rules to follow. We weren't allowed to mate with humans. It was one rule we accepted but it all changed. Some werewolves liked the control and the strength they had over humans.”

“They forced them. Raped them. Abused them. Everything they could think of. A lot of human women died while giving birth or while breeding– having sex. They weren't strong enough to withstand the pain or carry the pup to full term. It angered Cynthia.” Slade sucked in a breath. “Those who went against her was condemned to an eternity in hell. They became rogue's. Lone wolves as some would say. They are forever stuck in their wolf forms.”

“I'm human,” I muttered as I glanced between them.

“You are baby,” Slade chuckled. “Against all odds, a human and a wolf fell in love again. Thankfully history didn't repeat itself and it gave her some hope. She created a soulmate for everyone. One she knew would fit the other. After that the population began to grow.”

“Isn't she scared that the humans will get hurt again like you said?”

“There's always that fear but wolves would never dare to hurt their mate. You are important to us and we would rather die than do anything to cause you harm.”

“What would happen if we had sex?” I suddenly blurted.

The question fell from my lips before I could stop it. My brain to mouth filter was obviously malfunctioning today. The twins fell silent. I bit my lip, keeping my eyes glued on the ground. I could feel their eyes burning into me.

“What do you mean baby?” Slade asked.

“I...uuu... Both of are my mate. How would we have sex? What would people say when they see us together? What-”

“Do you care what people think?” Fury asked, softly.

I shrugged. Truth was, I could care less what people thought about me. I just wanted to know what they would think if I said I would like to have sex with both of them.

“We would be very happy,” he whispered in my ear.

My head snapped to the side. With wide eyes I stared at Fury. I watched as his eyes darkened even more. He can read my mind?

“Your mind is very interesting at times, princess. Don't worry, I don't intrude if I have no reason to.”

“Oh.” It was all I could say, my mind was still on the question I had asked them. “How's it go to work?"

His lips twitched but he said nothing. Leaning back, Fury watched me silently. When he said nothing more after a few minutes, I turned to Slade. He smirked at me.

“It's going to work like it usually does, baby.” He leaned down. “Only difference is the fact that you'll have two guys to pleasure you.”

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro