9/11

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It is 9/11 once again.

I was 3 or 4 when it happened, I watched it on TV in preschool. It was so scary, my class just didn't know what to do.

It's been so many years since the attack and yet it's still so tragic to think about. So much loss :c

But this year was different than past years, at least for me. I just.... Need to vent a little and see if this is happening where you are too, because it just really bothers me.

Everyone at my school seems to just shrug 9/11 off as nothing. You know the whole "bush did 9/11" thing. They're all dismissing it as a joke just because they think the president of the United States planned an attack on his own people, because that's a really smart idea. Whatever. I don't really care who did it.

I just think it's ugly and cruel to joke about people jumping out of that tower because they had no choice. Joking about the brave people who crashed that plane in Pennsylvania. Joking about those rescue crews and how they couldn't find all the bodies.

We're so lucky. We're so lucky that those people weren't us. Especially me and everyone around here, we live near the United States' biggest naval base. Yup. The naval base in Norfolk, the one that has important stuff docked. Some say it is the bigger naval base in the world.

We were lucky they didn't crash a plane into this shipyard or city, and we still are VERY lucky no one has tried to attack us yet. Yet. We're near the top of ISIS's hit list too. A few nuclear missiles and we're off the map.

It just.... Pisses me off that thousands of people dying for no good reason seems funny to people.

It's not. It's not funny. My friend's dad worked at the pentagon, but luckily he took the day off or he would've been killed. His office was in the heart of the crash. They thank God and luck every day that he wasn't killed.

It's just crazy. All those people died horrible deaths... And kids are sitting here laughing at it like its some sort of great joke, and telling horrible corny jokes about it because they don't seem to understand what it was like.

I heard someone saying something along the lines of "those people must have screamed so much on the way down. It such a long way" and then they proceeded to mimic the scream and laugh. That's not that bad a joke. There are worse ones. But it's still not funny.

Actually, the people who jumped were not even alive when they hit the ground and splatted on the pavement. They either died of fear or the speed they were falling. They died in the air, terrified. But they didn't have a choice. Either jump, or burn to death or die of smoke inhalation.

It isn't a joke. It's not funny. Neither is the BushDid9/11 shit. It really doesn't matter who did it, it was still done and the people in control of those planes are the ones with the blood on their hands, no matter WHO they are, what RELIGION or RACE they are, they're still mass murderers. Just cause everyone wants to blame someone specifically doesn't change the fact that so many innocent people are still dead, and we are still threatened by terrorism. Blaming someone isn't going to help us do anything but sleep better.

You don't see things like #TheJewsDidTheHolocaust floating around do you? No, because it isn't funny and it's disrespectful and rude. It really is.

If everyone would just stop making it a joke and trying to start conspiracies founded on rumors we could focus on the future and prevent another attack, which is what we want to do, right?

I don't know about you but I'd really rather avoid thousands more deaths and a destroyed city. Especially if my city is a target. I want the government working on protecting us rather than blaming someone for an action that's already done and over with.

And I mean seriously, can we just be respectful about 9/11? I'm not saying cry about it and spout on dramatically about how it's not fair this happened to America. I'm saying just we should give some respect for the people who died, the people who were hurt, the people who risked their lives to try and find survivors and all of those bodies, the people who took the plane away from the terrorists.

Is that really too much to ask?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro