007:

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

007:

Melia called her previous trainer and flew her to Wales to whip her into shape. She hired a nanny for Hannah, but kept her within ear shot at all times, it was just someone to hold her and play with her when Melia was working out. She went on a very strict diet and exercise program and made Megan and Maille do it too.

In two weeks, she set up dates at Abbey Road Studio, the very famous recording Studio that the Beatles had recorded at many times. She wasn't really prepared, but went anyway and let the technicians make each track sound better than it really was. The pace seemed overwhelming, but Melia was tireless.

Megan and Maille each had their own flat in London, nearby, and Melia chose to stay at her grandfather's estate. The estate was equipped with a small sound studio, and servants, plus a private room away from Melia at night for the nanny.

Melia found it hard to sleep at night. Her legs ached, and she felt nauseated the same way she had a year ago on the island. She preferred to get online and research characteristics of grief, which actually did include nausea, headaches, and even trouble sleeping. After a few weeks, she joined an online grief support group through her church.

But she couldn't seem to slow down. Several people in her inline group, while not knowing her exact profession or schedule, were adamant about recommending a relaxed pace. Many were shocked that after barely a month she was back to work and keeping a strenuous schedule of physical training as well as nursing a little baby.

"But it's this little angel that gives me peace." Melia wrote as she looked down at Hannah's sleeping face, laying in the center of her crossed legs. Her lips twitched as she watched, and the lower one sucked in for just a second, and then she started sucking even though she wasn't sucking on anything. The teeny little fingers flexed in a small stretch.

"Hannah, Hannah. Do I need counseling? Someone suggested counseling to get rid of the sleeping problem; not like I can take sleeping pills and sleep right through your two o'clock feeding!"

She typed the words, Not an option. Breastfeeding.

Scrabble, came the instant reply, and Melia smiled.

That might be good. Who would I play it with?

Online forums all over the place.

So, Melia signed up.

He would want me to fill up the unproductive time right? If I'm going to stay here in England, maybe I should also start my seedlings like I did before.

She liked to walk. She really liked to run. She mostly liked to run at five in the morning, on foggy bike trails around the park. It helped with that pesky nausea as well. And kept her mind easily occupied remembering several such runs on the island in Alaska-- after which she religiously completed a forty minute Astanga Yoga exercise session. This before going to the gym.

It wasn't a month before Megan and Maille had had enough. They called in the big guns. Went straight to Mom.

Tracy came to the studio to see how they were doing and was shocked at how skinny Melia had gotten. She was also shocked at how focused her daughter was. While Melia consulted with the producer, Tracy called Megan and Maille over. "What's going on with her?"

"She's a tyrant." Maille said in exasperation.

"She's trying to kill us both with her schedule." Megan replied giving her older sister by one minute an evil glare. "Jared asked me to be there for her, and help her and encourage her, but I bet he didn't know this side of her like I do."

Tracy looked thoughtful. "So, she's drowning her grief in work." She put her hands on her hips. "It probably won't help, but I have to try. The session is canceled girls. Go back to Grandpa's and take a nap." She made her way over to where Melia was heatedly discussing something with her producer that was obviously undermining what the producer was trying to accomplish. "Melia." She said firmly and Melia turned her face just slightly.

She started, not expecting to see her mother. There weren't many people she would interrupt a session for right now. She gave Tracy a once over and then returned to staring at the equipment in front of her. Her headphones were still on. Tracy wasn't one to ask, 'what can I do to help you?', she'd learned long ago to simply help someone if the situation warranted it. She snapped the headphones on Melia's ear and let her see the raised brow look. "Now." She said. And jerked her head to the side, indicating that they needed to talk.

Melia's lips turned down in an annoyed frown, but she pulled the headphones completely off, much to her studio partner's relief, and followed Tracy into a small closet away from prying ears.

"I sent the girls home. They are exhausted. Tell you what. This session is concluded and you and Hannah are coming with me. What is your nanny's name?"

"Bertha." Melia replied in somewhat mild shock, although she was completely used to her mother taking charge, perhaps the only person who could in this situation. It rankled a bit, but she would obey. She was conditioned to obey. She would never defy her mother. And neither would anyone in this studio. Tracy MacCaffrey Mann was the biggest artist to work in this studio, barring the famous Beatles of course.

Tracy heel clicked back to Bertha's side and took the infant from her, cradling her gently. She looked up at the woman expectantly and then said, "Thankyou for your service, Bertha. Please have a few days off. I'll call you on Wednesday of next week. Expenses paid, of course."

Then she turned back to the studio at large, including her daughter, "Excuse me? Yes, thank you all for your time and efforts to get this album up and running, and I'm sure we'll have it in production very soon, but I will be taking Melia for a few days, so plan on taking a short vacation from this project."

The soft whoops of joy were not lost on Tracy, as they were on Melia who took Hannah from her mom and settled her in her arms, looking adoringly into her sweet face, she was just starting to smile.

"Mother?" Melia warned as she stood straighter. "I need to get this completed. I have deadlines."

"You have no band. Look around. See any sisters?" Tracy smiled gently. "It's time to take a break, Mia, and come with me." Melia sighed. She'd known that the girls were feeling overworked. But she felt so compelled to get this album done, and the concert season under way. She felt like deadlines were pressing in on her. She had to make up for lost time. She couldn't think about anything else.

She walked over to the door where her jacket was hanging on a hook next to her diaper bag. Abruptly, she felt the let down of milk and looking down saw the two dark stains against her tight exercise tank as her breasts filled at her daughter's small grunts of readiness. She turned abruptly and walked into the lounge to nurse.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro