013:

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

013:

There was nothing to say, nothing to think. She lay there, feeling his arms as they used to be, feeling his body next to hers, and as she cuddled Hannah closer, she closed her eyes and reveled in the feeling aspect of her relationship with Jared. He seemed so close she could almost smell him. She knew he was there. Knew it.

And just as she knew it, she also knew she had just started to build. A fast build, worse than any recent ones she'd had. The headache bloomed blindingly behind her eyes. She opened them. She knew her dad had installed a sensor on her wrist that activated a link if she built while she was alone, and she was wearing it, but how long would it take for anyone who could help her to get here?

Darn it anyway! She'd been hoping to share this moment.... Darn it, she heard the buzzer as if from far away and then her mother's voice over the intercom, Melia? Are you okay? Melia?

She wanted to answer. Couldn't. Damn. Damn.

Inside her body felt quivery as she tried to hang on and not pass out. It had come on so fast, so fast. Where was Hannah? Her last coherent thought was for the baby.

Tracy had been studying her scriptures in her chair in their room when the alarm sounded on her cell phone. She'd tried to talk to Melia, didn't get a reply and Richard, who had been on the treadmill jumped off and dashed out. She knew he would be at Melia's cottage in minutes. But would he be strong enough? Melia's current was so much stronger than Tracy's.

She called Matthew.

"Huh?" He was just waking out of a sound sleep at this hour.

"It's Tracy. Melia needs to be diffused. Richard is on his way, but I don't think he's strong enough. Can you---?"

"Yeah. But I'm too far away. I'm like ten minutes..."

"It's okay. We might have to try the aloe tub Richard had installed recently. It seems to help insulate me, maybe it will help her...."

"I can diffuse her, I just need to get to her." He said and Tracy could tell he was up and running as well.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro