24 - Evergreen

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Melody.. what happened? You aren't normally the clumsy type" terra asked me. "I don't know. Its happened before though.. my vision goes blurry, my head starts to throb, and i lose my balance." I tell them. "I don't know why it happened.. it just did" i said and a shiver ran down my spine. "Are you cold?" Kane asks. "No.. just i have this feeling." I say. "Where's hero?" I ask. No one knew. I walk away but the group followed. I climbed the stairs and looked out for hero. "Hero!" I called for her. Not 2 minutes later she was by my side. "Hey girl. I need a favor" i start. "Whats up?" She asks. "I need a lift" i say before getting on her back. "Where are you going?!" Kane yelled as we took to the skies. "Not far! Just needed some height!" I call back. "For the protection of the dragons the seas are mine to command" I say the chant and my armor appears on my body. I press the bottom on my wrist and my goggles appear. I put them on and look out to sea. "Someone's coming... on a dragon." I announce. "The other riders maybe?!" Liam shouts. "No. I don't think so." "What about Mal? Or Hunter?" Terra says. "No. There's no rider. Just a dragon. A green dragon. Stay here!" I yell and and hero and I fly off to get a closer look. I heard the flap of wings behind me. I should have known they wouldn't listen to me. "Did you really think we would stay back?" Terra asks. "No. Not really." I chuckle. I look back out towards the green dragon. It sort of resembled hero and toothless. "Wait...is that?" I paused. "WAVE!" I heard the dragon yell. "Evergreen? What are you doing here?" Hero flew forward to meet the dragon, the Earthfury. "I need your help. My land. My dragons." He was speaking fast. "Evergreen slow down. Take a deep breath and gather yourself" Hero tried to calm her. "Wait... is she?" She looks up at me. "She is. And this is her team" Hero answers. "I'm Melody, your protector. Let's land so we can talk" I suggest. "Come with use Evergreen" Hero adds and we turn towards the island. 

We circle our landing zone before swooping down for a swift entry. I hop off Hero, running my hands over my head trying to tame my hair from the wind. I turn to face the green furry who in turned bowed her head to me. Stunned and a little embarrassed I ask her to lift her head. 

"Melody, My name is Evergreen and I am the Earthfurry." She has this very mature, soothing voice. 

"it is so very nice to meet you Evergreen. As you know my name is Melody." I re-introduce myself and continue on with the rest of my team, pointing each one out as I went, dragons included. she gives a small nod. 

"I need your help" 

"can I pause you? I am so sorry to interrupt but it would be much easier if my team could understand you as-well" 

"of course" she smiles politely. 

I reach into my side bag and grip the amulet, "For the protection of the dragons, the seas are mine to command" My armor illuminates as it forms to my body. "Now, please continue" 

"I don't know if Wave- or Hero, has told you about the division of the dragons" She starts.

"no" reply calmly with a quick glance at Hero who was staring at Evergreen intently. 

"well, many years ago, when your father was just a boy, the 6 furry's all lived together. One day Eclipse, or Toothless, went on patrol and never returned. For a while we thought he was dead - that is until he came back to us with the idea that Hiccup would be our next protector. Something tells me that part as explained to you before. But what I guess was left untold was that during those few months without Eclipse we split. We came to realize we were one big target waiting to happen, so we were each going to find new land to call home, away from the floating islands. We would all have our own colony of dragons to protect until a new amulet holder emerged." She began to let it all out, telling us everything. 

"Hero - did you have dragons?" I turn to her questioning. 

"I did, but when we got word Toothless was alive I knew he was my new mission. I guided my dragons to the other remaining furries to leave them in their care. 

"That makes sense" I return my gaze to the Earthfurry

"So Evergreen. Why are you doing here exactly?" Terra chimes in. 

"My land has been taken over with hunters. I got as much of my colony to the floating islands, but many were captured along the way," she paused, "I need your help dragon protector."

I turn and look at my team, Kane gripping the handle of his sward, Liam straightening his vest, Terra already mounting Windwhip. Spinning on my heals I see Hero already ready. 

"Lets fly gang" 

Hello, So I know not many people read this book, not to mention it has been literal years sense I wrote. But I has a burst of inspiration. No clue how long is lasts sooo if you are reading this welcome back hopefully you are here to stay. if there are more updates they will 100% not be regular. thx for reading this far hopefully that means your enjoying it. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro