33 - The Songs In The Silence

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

On the fly home I did my best to explain to everyone what happened. I didn't want to go into great detail but it was time they knew about my past. I held onto Spikes saddle tightly for security, fearful of what happened last time. Clementine was close behind me, she hasn't left my side. She seems to understand the situation, and that Spike is my dragon. But that I am her rider. We will make it work somehow... 

"you aren't terribly injured are you?" I hear Astrid ask.

"Injured? Unfortunately. Terribly? No. " I stare down at my chest. Knowing the scare that lies beneath my shirt.  "Just some bruises here and there"

"Whats under the bandage?" Melody asks. 

"oh...um, t-that would be where Chance struck me with his paralysis." I rubbed over the bandage. "I tried to escape... for a third time... he didn't like that" I smile softly over at Melody. She didn't find it something worth smiling about. 

"I did my best... I knew, that even if she was telling the truth... that you guys where... ya know. I-I knew there was still hope. That you would save me." I turn back to Hiccup and Astrid. 

"Always, kid. You're family. We stick together" I smile back at them, this feeling of warmth in me grew. 

"Week two, I met Clementine. We flew, but we couldn't get far. If I'm being honest I knew better than to try. It was too risky over open water... and what you might not know. Is that a second hit from a Deathgripper is deadly. So Kai said, and I wasn't willing to find out if she was bluffing." 

"thats interesting, and good to know" I see Fishlegs start to edit his dragon cards. 

"Nneerrddd" I hear snotlout shout at him. I chuckle in response. 

"Kane." I hear Clementine and turn to her. "how can you understand me?" 

"oh, I am the Dragon Protector." Melody Chimes in. 

"oh..." she bows her head gently in her direction. 

"Clementine, you're good. Please lift your head" Melody smiles. 

"but to answer your question as to why I can, it's because Melody granted a few of us the ability to understand you, but only if she is wearing the amulet." I explain to her.

"that makes sense" She smiles back at me with her wonky dragon smile. 

The flight back to The Cove didn't take nearly as long as it did for my friends to find me because we weren't stopping at every island, but it took take a few days. Chance must have truly been a fast dragon. Whats taking us days took him a matter of hours. We spent most of it quiet, the others seemed like they would spook me if they spoke. If I'm being honest I don't like it. I spent most of the last three week in silence, left alone in a hut.  

"I need noise" I finally announced. I never actually turned to anyone but I felt eyes on me. "something, I cant do silence right now." I continued. 

https://youtu.be/iWWi32sIPbY

Start Song - be prepared to read slow - sorry not sorry - I recommend 1.25 speed

Melody begins to sing. Her voice is truly beautiful, Id never heard her sing before. Watching her dance through the air as her words filling the void. She would glance at me from time to time with a soft smile around her words. Hero flipped them over, they hovered over me. She continued to sang as she gazed onto my eyes. It wasn't long though before we fell back into a silence. 

https://youtu.be/sXu1U-sTQ_w

Start Song - be prepared to read slow - sorry not sorry  - I recommend 1.25 speed

I turn back when Astrid and Hiccup begin to sing. We watch them watch each other. Stormfly and Toothless carried them forward, twirling with each other through the sky. They sang in such harmony. When the words "You'll take the high road and I'll take the low" fell from their lips Toothless soured high and Stormfly dove low, both meeting again in the middle. When in reach again Astrid took Hiccups hand. Climbing Across, she pulled him to a stand. They shared a gentle kiss when the song ended before He dropped her back into Stormfly's saddle, I smiled happily at the two before turning back to Melody. She though was still watching her parents. They were truly an inspiring love story. 

https://youtu.be/4_1HJqaOwOM

Start Song - Be prepared to read slow - sorry not sorry - I recommend normal speed

Ruffnut begins to hum a tune Id never heard. Terra and Heather pick up the lyrics. Gliding with each other nearly wing to wing. Melody and Astrid joined in souring side by side. They smiled as they sang and chanted. Ruff kept the beat going strong adding harmony where she could. The power of the lyrics brought chills to my arms. The strength a mother passes to her daughter is inspiring. You see it in their eyes when protect their kin like a lioness would. The women sing strong and fierce, their dragons carrying them high. When the song came to an end Melody chucked knowing she sang nothing but truth. 

https://youtu.be/bs4ZJpWJh_Q

Start now - be prepared to read slowly - sorry not sorry - I recommend 1.25 speed

Snotlout began a new song, Tuffnut, Fishlegs, and Hiccup joined in. Liam joined in as the base. This was one I actually knew, I followed in shortly after. I remember this song from a village Liam and I had hidden away in during our first year free. Snotlout created a beat with his helmet and shield. The girls began to clap along adding to the environment. I remembered the dancing this song sparked in the village from our past. They danced around the fire all hand in hand. The idea of a strong mother behind every strong warrior was a concept I never knew, but I appreciated the sentiment, because I knew one day the mother of my children would do what my mother didn't. She would protect them and guide them to success. 

The singing eventually died down and we fell back into a now comfortable silence. 

Hi all, I hope you didn't mind all the songs. and if you did hopefully you just skipped them. I think Hiccup and Astrids was my favorite. they really are a beautiful love story. I hope you could envision the movements the way I did. OH well, hope you are enjoying I know its been quite a spam of chapters. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro