37. 30, 33

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N: Thank you for the love for all the epilogue chapters thus far! I don't know how many of you have noticed that the chapters mirror the dreams Meerab had when she was unconscious in the hospital - but if you haven't, this one is definitely the most obvious one, hehe. In this second-last part of the epilogue, we get to celebrate Murtasim's birthday with Meerab, a six-year-old Meesam, and their 31 month old toddlers! Just a heads up, there is smut at the beginning of the chapter!

-------------------------------------

In the cool darkness of their bedroom, Murtasim was stirred from his shallow slumber by a gentle shifting on the bed. The faint rustle of fabric and then a delicate weight settling on his waist roused him further. His eyes remained closed, enjoying the suspense of the moment, until the soft pressure of lips against his forced them open.

Hovering above him was Meerab, her silhouette framed by the dim light filtering through the curtains. Her legs straddled him, the fabric of her shirt just brushing against his bare chest.

He hummed in response, a deep vibration in his chest as the kiss deepened. Opening his eyes, he was greeted by her smiling face, an expression of affection and mischief mingling in her eyes.

"I am going to die a happy man," he whispered, his voice husky with emotion and drowsy contentment.

She playfully whacked his shoulder. "Don't talk about dying on your birthday!" she admonished.

He chuckled, the sound resonating softly in the quiet room.

"Happy Birthday," she smiled down at him, her face aglow with love.

"Thank you," he murmured, his hands beginning their slow ascent up her bare legs, savoring the warmth of her skin. She had said happy birthday to him multiple times after the clock struck midnight, with him buried inside her, taking her for all she was worth, multiple times.

"I love you," she mumbled, leaning down to plant another kiss on his lips, her smile never fading.

"I love you too," he responded, his grin broadening. As his hand ventured higher up her thigh, a groan escaped him upon discovering the absence of her underwear.

"I only have so much self-control, you know," he mumbled back. "You can't go walking around like this."

She laughed again, cupping his face tenderly. "Stop thinking about sex for one second, and look at me," she instructed, squeezing his cheeks slightly.

"How am I supposed to look at you and not think about sex?" he asked, his tone serious but his eyes twinkling with mischief.

She rolled her eyes at his comment, but her hands remained gentle on his face. "Listen, Murtasim," she began, her voice lowering to a conspiratorial whisper.

"Yes, meri biwi?" he replied, playing along with her tone.

"The kids want to surprise you with a birthday cake for breakfast, but we both know they can't be quiet, so I need you to pretend you're asleep until we come get you," she explained.

His heart warmed at the thought, picturing Meesam leading her younger siblings in the birthday surprise. He knew her influence over the twins was absolute—they mirrored their almost-six-year-old sister as much as they could at 31 months.

He shrugged, feigning reluctance. "I am going to need an incentive," he declared, his voice teasing.

She snickered, leaning closer. "I know," she whispered, her breath tickling his ear.

Murtasim lay back, his breathing already heavy, as Meerab's fingers gathered the hair falling loose around her face. As she pulled her hair into a quick ponytail, missing a few strands in her haste, his gaze involuntarily drifted to her chest. The thin fabric of her shirt did little to conceal her form, the outline of her nipples stark against the soft material, drawing his eyes and stirring a deeper hunger within him.

"Where are you going?" he murmured, his voice thick with desire, as she slid down his body. The removal of her hands from his skin left a cool trail that contrasted sharply with the warmth bubbling inside him.

"You're wearing too many clothes," she whispered, her fingers tracing a path down his stomach to the waistband of his pajamas. With a deft pull, she loosened them, freeing his cock from the constraints of fabric. The cool air hit his skin, but the heat of her gaze and the anticipation of her touch kept him warm.

He groaned loudly as she licked her lips, an explicit promise in her gaze. She pushed his pajamas down his legs, allowing him to kick them off completely. "Is this the kind of incentive you needed?" she teased, her hand wrapping around him firmly, her thumb tracing circles at the head as she moved her hand in a steady rhythm.

"Yes," he gasped out as she dragged her nail lightly down his length, while her other hand cradled his balls, massaging them gently. "Fuck," he groaned, the sensation sharpening his focus entirely on her.

She grinned up at him, mischief alight in her eyes. "You aren't very creative," she teased, scooting further down. She positioned her face just inches from his cock, her warm breath teasing him as he twitched in response.

Murtasim's hand found the back of her head, fingers wrapping into her ponytail, a silent plea. She met his gaze, intense and unyielding, as she wrapped her lips around the head of his cock. The slow tease of her tongue against him was maddening. She took him into her mouth, slowly, deliberately, eyes locked on his as she swallowed around him. Her cheeks hollowed as she pulled back, the suction sending waves of pleasure through his body.

She was devastatingly sexy, her every move calculated to drive him mad, her eyes never leaving his as she delivered pleasure that was as much psychological as it was physical.

Murtasim was enveloped in a haze of pleasure, his breath catching in his throat as Meerab expertly worked him over. The first time she had tried this, her uncertainty had been evident, but now, she moved with a confidence that drove him wild. She was a master at her craft, her hands and mouth synchronizing perfectly. As she pumped his cock with one hand, her lips and tongue lavished attention on the tip, sucking and teasing with a skill that left him groaning loudly. Every stroke, every swirl of her tongue made him gasp.

She seemed to understand instinctively the rhythm that drove him to the brink, alternating between slow, deliberate pulls and quicker, more urgent movements. Her eyes occasionally flicked up to his, and the sight of her watching him react, coupled with the warmth and wetness of her mouth, was almost too much to bear.

He needed more. "I need to be inside you," he gasped, his voice husky with desire as he gently pulled her off him. He could see the same urgency mirrored in her eyes as she nodded, her breaths as ragged as his.

But as she moved to straddle him, he stopped her with a firm "Get up."

He needed something else.

She understood immediately, her movements fluid and compliant as she stood from the bed. He followed, standing behind her. With a strong hand on her back, he guided her forward until her thighs pressed against the edge of the bed. She let out a low moan as she fell forward onto the mattress, turning her face so her cheek rested against the sheets, her posture submissive and inviting.

Her ass was upturned, perfectly positioned for him as he positioned himself behind her.

Murtasim's grip on the hem of her shirt tightened as he pulled it up, revealing the smooth expanse of her back. His breath caught at the sight of her, already slick and waiting for him. With a deliberate touch, he traced his finger along her, spreading her wetness, marveling at the heat and readiness of her body. His thumb found her clit, circling it with enough pressure to make her gasp, her body responding by pushing back against him, seeking more.

He admired the curve of her back as she arched, her movements desperate and wanting.

With a light slap to her ass that echoed softly in the room, he watched her skin flush pink. "Legs further apart," he commanded gently, nudging one of his own legs between hers to spread her stance.

Murtasim stroked himself, relishing the slick sound it made as he teased her with his length, running it along her slit to coat himself with her arousal. The warmth that greeted him was intoxicating. Aligning himself at her entrance, he pushed forward slowly, savoring the resistance and tightness as he slid into her. The visual of his cock disappearing inside her pussy, coupled with the soft sound drove him mad.

"Murtasimmm," she moaned deeply as he filled her completely, pushing deep until he bottomed out in her, the sound vibrating through him. He responded by reaching for her hands, intertwining his fingers with hers and pulling them back to the small of her back. This hold pinned her down gently but firmly, a declaration of his control and her surrender.

With his free hand, he brushed her hair aside and gripped her ponytail, giving it a gentle tug to tilt her head back. He wanted to hear every breath, every moan, and every gasp as he began to move, setting a rhythm that was both relentless and reverent.

As Murtasim pulled back, he paused only for a moment before driving himself back into Meerab with an intensity that shook the very bed they were on. His movements were a mixture of controlled rhythm and wild abandon—fast then slow, soft then brutally hard, each thrust delivered with a precision that sent waves of pleasure crashing through them both.

His gaze flickered between the sight of his cock vanishing into her again and again, and her body writhing in ecstasy. He was captivated by the way she chanted his name, a mantra that fueled his desire to please her even more. "Murtasim, Murtasimmm, Murtaaaasimmmm," she cried out, her voice breaking with each syllable as he drove into her.

"Harder!" Meerab gasped, her command cutting through the thick air of their bedroom.

Murtasim groaned in response, his hands moving from her hips to travel up her back, feeling the soft fabric of her shirt under his fingers. He gripped her shoulders for leverage, his fingers pressing into her skin as he obeyed, his thrusts becoming even more forceful.

She reached forward, her hands grabbing at the sheets, clenching them tightly as he increased his pace, pounding into her relentlessly. Each push was met with a deep push back, their bodies perfectly in sync. The sounds of their union filled the room—her screams and his grunts mixing together.

"More," Meerab panted into the mattress, her voice muffled as she bit down on the sheets. Her plea was desperate, urgent, and he felt her tighten around him, pulling him in deeper. He pushed harder, driven by the need to fulfill her request, every last inch of him buried within her as she sobbed against the sheet, begging for more still.

"Mine," he grunted, each word punctuated with a deep thrust.

Her response was immediate. "Yours, all yours," she groaned back.

Compelled by her words, Murtasim pulled at her shirt, urging her to rise. As she lifted her upper body off the bed, aligning more closely with him, the change in angle allowed him deeper access. He groaned loudly, feeling her tighten around him, her body fluttering as if in the throes of an intense climax. He matched her movements, his pace relentless, each thrust designed to bring them both to the brink of oblivion.

Murtasim's breaths were heavy as each word left his lips, "Fuck. You're. So. Fucking. Perfect." Each syllable fell in rhythm with his deep, hard thrusts into her.

Meerab's response was immediate and intense, her voice rising above the sound of their bodies meeting.

She chanted his name, "Murtasim, Murtasim," her voice a mix of ecstasy and plea as her body clenched tightly around him. Her climax triggered his own; despite his intent to prolong the moment, to watch her a while longer, he couldn't hold back.

With a final, deep thrust, he followed her over the edge, his release overwhelming as he filled her.

As he pulled out, a groan escaped him as he watched the evidence of their lovemaking slowly drip from her. It was a sight he wished he could indulge in all day, but reality—of physical limits and parental duties—soon pulled him back. He gently massaged her back, his touch tender. Leaning down, he pressed a soft kiss onto her spine.

Helping Meerab to sit up, he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her flush against his chest, and they both collapsed back onto the bed, their breathing still erratic. "Incentive enough?" she asked, her voice laced with a tired yet satisfied smirk.

"You've bought yourself an hour," he replied, his voice deep and still rough.

"I'll need two hours," Meerab countered with a playful hiss as she moved, the sensitivity of her body apparent.

"We can tire the kids out with tons of activities for tonight," Murtasim suggested, thinking ahead to ensure they could steal more moments like this one.

She snickered and nodded, leaning in to press a lingering kiss to his lips. "Happy birthday, stay here," she instructed with a loving firmness, her tone mixing command and care.

Then, with a swift movement, she was off the bed and into the bathroom. Moments later, she emerged fully clothed—much to his disappointment—and hurried out the door, leaving him alone.

-----------------------------------------

Murtasim's body was heavy with contentment as he drifted back into sleep, the aftermath of a passionate early morning making every limb feel pleasantly lethargic. However, his rest was short-lived. The sudden clatter of something metallic hitting the floor jolted him awake.

It sounded suspiciously like a pan, and his first coherent thought was that it was probably the kids, up early and scheming in the kitchen to prepare his birthday surprise.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he squinted at the digital clock on the bedside table. It read 8:00 AM. Light streamed into the room through the open patio doors, the early morning sun bright and warm, promising a beautiful day ahead. The fresh air carried the cheerful chirping of birds, adding to the idyllic start of the day.

With a soft grunt, Murtasim pushed himself out of the plush bed. He slipped back into his pajamas, which lay crumpled at the foot of the bed where they'd been discarded the night before. He looked around for his shirt, knowing Meerab had tossed it somewhere the previous night, but it was nowhere to be seen. With a shrug, he decided it didn't matter – the help was off for the morning anyways.

Moving quietly to the bedroom door, he cracked it open just enough to peek through. The sounds of hushed whispers confirmed his suspicions—his family was indeed up to something. Smiling to himself, he tiptoed out of the room and crept down the hallway. He positioned himself at the top of the stairs, leaning forward to get a good view into the kitchen below through the spindles.

There they were: Meerab standing at the kitchen island, orchestrating the morning's activities with a gentle authority only she possessed. Meesam stood beside her, eagerly helping, her small hands attempting to follow her mother's instructions. Maira and Maahir were perched on the island, pajama-clad and adorably messy, watching their big sister and mother with wide, excited eyes.

And there was Meerab, wearing the shirt he had been searching for. It hung loosely on her, sleeves rolled up and the front casually tucked into her shorts, her hair messily knotted at the top of her head. Even in this domestic chaos, she looked effortlessly beautiful. He couldn't help but sigh happily, his heart swelling with love and appreciation for this little scene unfolding before him—his family, his world.

As he watched, he was reminded of the secretive whispers and glances exchanged by his family throughout the week. They had been planning this, their giggles giving them away, but he still pretended that he had no idea and wanted to know what the big secret was.

Meerab's hands were skillfully stirring a thick batter in a large blue bowl.

Maira and Maahir, the twins, perched on the island, were tossing chocolate chips into the bowl as Meesam counted. "Eighty-six... eighty-seven..." Meesam's voice was rhythmic and excited as she kept tally.

"I think that's enough chocolate," Meerab gently suggested.

Meesam's response was immediate and emphatic. "No, Ammi! Abbu loves chocolate," she declared, emphasizing 'loves' as if it were a sacred truth, the truth was she loved chocolate more than anyone did. It was a family joke by now how Meesam had inherited her mother's penchant for sweets during the pregnancy, her sweet tooth nearly legendary within their household.

Along with a sweet tooth, Meesam had a way of getting everyone to give in to her, her pout was irresistible, especially with those huge eyes that she knew how to use well. She often pulled Maira and Maahir along as well, and when the twins pouted and looked up at someone wanting something it was hard to resist – they were the chubbiest and cutest babies to exist. Even his mother couldn't say no to them, the only person that could resist the eyes was Meerab and even she struggled with it.

Maahir, always eager to support his sister, nodded vigorously, his chubby hands working to add even more chocolate chips to the mix. "Yeah, we need mo' choco," he agreed, his serious expression making Murtasim chuckle softly. Maahir preferred his snacks salty and slightly spicy, but chocolate was chocolate.

Maira, not to be outdone in enthusiasm, piped up with her own ambitious addition. "We need ten hundred choco!" Her giggle was infectious, and even Meerab couldn't help but laugh.

"That's way too much chocolate, Maira-Bug!" Meerab responded, her laughter mixing with the children's delighted squeals.

"I no know, I not even thwee yet," Maira replied earnestly, holding up three pudgy fingers to emphasize her point.

"I thwee!" Maahir asserted proudly, eager not to be outdone by his twin.

"No, you're not, you're the same age as Maira!" Meesam, ever the helpful big sister, corrected him.

"I bigger!" Maahir protested, sitting a little taller.

"That's not how it works, bubba," Meerab interjected, her voice light and amused as she tapped the noses of both twins.

He couldn't help but smile broadly as Meesam declared, "One hundred!" triumphantly as Maira dropped another chocolate chip into the bowl.

"I can count to infinity but I think 100 is enough," Meesam proclaimed with the confidence only a child her age could muster, filling Murtasim with pride at her cleverness.

"What infini?" Maahir's curious voice cut through, his brow furrowed in thought.

"Bigger than all numbers," Meesam explained.

"Ammi, I wan' infini kiwwew!" Maira suddenly exclaimed, pointing to her cheeks with a giggle, sparking a desire in Murtasim to dash down and shower them with affection. He loved the loud squeals the twins made when he kissed their chubby little cheeks and hands repeatedly.

"Me too!" Maahir chimed in, not wanting to be left out of any offer of affection.

Murtasim chuckled softly, restraining himself from interrupting their moment and fulfilling that wish.

"Okay, no take backs!" Meerab declared playfully. "It's going to take a LONG time to give you infinity kisses."

Maahir and Maira both nodded earnestly, their little faces serious about their grand request.

Meesam's giggle broke the solemnity. "Toddlers are so dumb," she said, a smirk playing on her lips.

"HEY!" Maahir's glare was fierce, his toddler dignity offended. "I smawt," he insisted, his little chest puffing out with pride.

"Yeah! Me too!" Maira supported her brother, patting her own chest to emphasize her point.

They were, in Murtasim's eyes, the smartest kids in the world.

"Mee-Mee, be nice, please," Meerab interjected gently, tugging at her daughter's messy ponytail with a soft smile.

Meesam sighed but nodded in agreement, settling back down.

"Do we have enough chocolate chips?" Meesam's practical side came to the fore as she eyed the bowl.

"100 is the perfect amount of chocolate chips," Meerab reassured her, stirring the batter with a smile.

"I agree," Meesam said with a nod, satisfied with her mother's assurance.

"Me too!" both Maira and Maahir piped up almost simultaneously, their voices a chorus.

Still peeking through the railings, he caught Meerab muttering to herself as she searched for the cake pan. "Okay then, the recipe says that we need to mix everything and then put it in the cake pan. Now where do I find a cake pan?" Her voice was low, almost a murmur, and Murtasim had to stifle his laughter.

Despite all these years, her bewilderment in the kitchen was as endearing as ever.

Meesam, ever the little queen of drama, sighed dramatically, resting her head in her hand while watching her mother. "Nani is right, you are hopeless in the kitchen!" she declared, making Murtasim bite his lip to keep from laughing out loud at the scene.

"Hey, that is not a nice thing to say," Meerab chided gently, tapping Meesam on the nose.

"Ammi you way no wie!" Maira piped up.

"Yeah, I wasn't lying," Meesam said, nodding earnestly, her pout still in place.

Meanwhile, Maahir, ever the curious and adventurous one, snuck a chocolate chip into his mouth, only to make a face when it wasn't as sweet as he expected.

Meerab sighed and nodded at the comedy of it all, her expression one of loving resignation. "Okay, okay, help ammi find a cake pan," Meerab directed, scanning the kitchen like a lost puppy. Her lips were pursed in concentration, adding to the comedy of the situation.

"Wakey abbu?" Maira's little voice rang out, filled with innocent concern.

"No, no, we have to do this ourselves, it's a surprise, remember, Maira-Bug?" Meerab gently reminded her, leaning on her elbows on the kitchen island and pouting playfully at her daughter.

Murtasim's heart melted when Maira giggled and leaned forward to kiss her mother's nose—a gesture he had taught them.

"Me too!" Maahir exclaimed, not to be left out, and scuttled over the counter to plant his own kiss on Meerab's nose.

Meerab laughed softly, her eyes twinkling with joy as she returned their affection, cupping their chubby faces and kissing their cheeks.

"What if the cake is bad, Ammi?" Meesam's voice floated up, tinged with concern.

"It won't be." Meerab's response was firm and confident, her voice filled with an assurance that almost made Murtasim laugh out loud. Her culinary skills had indeed improved, but her declaration carried the weight of a seasoned chef awarded with Michelin stars.

"Nani and Rifat Bi make cake in a round metal thing," Meesam pointed out helpfully. Meerab nodded and began rummaging through the cabinets, the clatter of pans and plates echoing lightly in the spacious kitchen until she triumphantly pulled out the correct baking pan. "This one?"

"Yeah," Meesam confirmed, watching her mother place the pan on the island and then pick up her phone again to check the next steps. "Okay, so we need parchment paper...where is the parchment paper?" Meerab murmured to herself, lost in the instructions on the screen.

Murtasim had to stifle a chuckle when Maahir expressed his impatience with an exasperated, "You da ammi!" complete with his little arms thrown up in the air.

"Ammi down!" Maira's voice cut through, her small hands waving in the air, signaling her desire to be set down from the kitchen island. Meerab obliged, setting Maira gently on the floor. With a determined toddle, Maira headed straight for the drawers, her ponytail bouncing with each step. She pulled open the third drawer and retrieved the roll of parchment paper.

"Thank you, Maira-Bug," Meerab said, her voice warm with gratitude as she lifted Maira back onto the counter. Murtasim's smile widened as he watched the twins help to hold the parchment paper in place while Meesam poured the batter into the cake pan and Meerab smoothed it out with a silicon spatula.

"Okay, now we put it in the oven," Meerab directed confidently, her eyes flickering from her phone to the oven as she slid the cake pan inside. She adjusted the settings with practiced ease—a sight that made Murtasim chuckle silently, admiring her focus.

"Iwing?" Maira's small voice broke through the calm, her curious eyes scanning Meesam's clipboard.

Murtasim's gaze softened as he observed Maira attempting to mimic her older sister, who was quite the little organizer with her clipboard always in hand, marking off tasks with a serious little hum.

"I hid the icing in the fridge under the spinach, Abbu doesn't look there!" Meesam's giggling revelation filled the room, and Meerab laughed in response, a sound that always warmed Murtasim's heart.

Meerab then moved to the fridge to retrieve two tubes of icing.

"Abbu's birthday card?" Meesam queried, double-checking her list.

"Ammi, down!" Maahir's demand came next, and Meerab gently set him down to the floor, turning afterwards to tackle the washing up.

Murtasim's eyes followed his son, who trotted off towards the living room with the purposeful enthusiasm, he lifted the edge of the carpet and extracted a large card, handling it with all the care his small hands could manage. He toddled back into the kitchen, his effort palpable.

"Oooh, he's going to love it!" Meesam's voice was filled with pride and excitement as Maahir presented the card with a flourish.

Murtasim grinned as he remembered the twins' firm "NO" whenever he approached their room lately, and Meerab's mischievous delight at keeping him in suspense – they had been working on the card.

"Abbu's presents?" Meesam asked.

"Hid them in the closet," Meerab replied.

Murtasim sighed, a grin tugging at his lips as he wondered why he hadn't thought to look in their closet. His family's sneaky planning impressed him.

"Candwes?" Maira's small, curious voice piped up next.

"Got them," Meerab answered, her tone light and cheerful as she finished washing the dishes.

"Is the cake almost done?" Meesam inquired, a hint of impatience in her young voice.

"Not yet, baby, it's going to take a while," Meerab laughed.

"Good job cleaning the kitchen, ammi!" Meesam exclaimed, her approval sounding amusingly formal for her young age. Murtasim stifled a snicker, knowing full well that Rifat Bi usually took care of the kitchen's aftermath.

"Thank you to all of you for helping!" Meerab's voice was grateful and loving as she dried her hands on a towel, turning to scoop up Maira and then setting her down gently next to her brother.

"You're welcome," chirped the twins in unison, their attempts at the phrase sounding more like "you wewcome," which only added to their charm.

"Reading time?" Meerab proposed, receiving eager nods from the children.

Choosing to maintain the surprise, Murtasim tiptoed back into the bedroom, his steps light and careful. He closed the door with a soft click and retreated to the bathroom to freshen up. After splashing water on his face and brushing his teeth, he changed into fresh clothes and returned to bed, laying down with a contented sigh.

If they wanted to surprise him, he'd play along perfectly. Lying back against the pillows, he waited, a smile playing on his lips. Due to his lack of sleep the previous night, he did fall asleep again.

Be was gently roused from his sleep by the sensation of tiny fingers pressing against his cheeks and soft whispers that mixed "abbu" with infectious giggles. Opening his eyes, he found the twins perched on either side of him, their faces lit up with delight. Standing at the foot of the bed, Meesam held gifts in her small hands, her excitement palpable.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they all shouted in unison, and a genuine smile spread across Murtasim's face.

"Thank you! It's my birthday? I forgot all about it," he exclaimed with feigned surprise, which only incited more giggles from the little assembly.

"Sure you did," Meerab murmured with a knowing smile from behind the enthusiastic group. "Let abbu sit up, please," she instructed gently. The twins moved aside, giving him space to prop himself up against the headboard.

Meerab stood gracefully at the foot of the bed, holding a cake beside an eager Meesam.

"WE MADE YOU CAKE!" Meesam announced proudly.

"Oh wow! With lots of chocolate?" Murtasim inquired, playing along with their excitement. The twins and Meesam nodded vigorously, casting triumphant 'I told you so' looks towards Meerab, who chuckled softly in response.

Murtasim's heart warmed at the scene; he couldn't resist pulling the twins closer for a kiss, their joyous laughter filling the room. Meesam followed suit, patting his cheek affectionately after her kiss, while Maira and Maahir wrapped their little arms around him, snuggling close.

He smiled broadly as the children settled comfortably against him, each finding a cozy spot. Meerab, with a tender and loving smile, placed the cake on the nightstand before leaning over to kiss his forehead.

"Happy Birthday," she whispered, her eyes brimming with love and affection.

Meesam, ever the assertive one, suddenly realized they were missing a crucial item. "Ammi! Knife!" she called out, eyes wide as she stared at the vanilla cake adorned with buttercream frosting on the table.

"I got it!" Meerab chuckled, her laughter lightening the room as she handed Murtasim the knife.

"What's in the cake?" he queried the kids.

"It's vaniwwa!" Maira declared proudly.

"Wit choco!" Maahir added with equal enthusiasm.

"100! Mee-Mee count!" Maira chimed in, emphasizing their meticulous ingredient tally.

"Oh wow, 100 chocolate chips?" Murtasim feigned astonishment, glancing at Meesam. "Thank you, Mee-Mee," he grinned, her smile mirroring that of her mother's, filled with warmth.

"Blow out the candles!" Meesam instructed eagerly.

"I hungwy!" Maira pouted, her little face scrunching up in anticipation.

"Cwake for brekkie!" Maahir exclaimed, bouncing slightly with excitement.

"All right, all right. Here we go," Murtasim chuckled, ready to comply with the morning's festive demands.

"Wait wait! We have to sing Happy Birthday!" Meesam interjected, her voice pitched with excitement, making Murtasim laugh heartily.

He patiently waited as they serenaded him with 'Happy Birthday,' a chorus of their sweet voices filling the room. Only then did he blow out the candles and begin to cut the cake. Meerab passed him a plate to place the first piece on, and in a playful act, she dabbed icing on his nose, her chuckle resonating through the room.

This playful gesture set off a chain reaction. Meesam and the twins burst into boisterous laughter, emulating their mother by also placing icing on his nose.

"Abbu wook woke a cwown," Maira laughed heartily, clutching her stomach.

"Really, a clown?" Murtasim pouted playfully, then, joining in the fun, he dabbed icing on Maira and Maahir's noses, eliciting squeals and giggles from the delighted twins.

Meesam tried to dodge the playful attack but wasn't quick enough; Murtasim managed to dab some on her cheek as she pouted at the affectionate assault.

Eventually, all five of them settled onto the large bed, the morning light spilling over them as they ate the cake together.

Murtasim watched Meerab arch her eyebrow as he took his first bite of the homemade cake. He couldn't help but nod impressively; it was rather good.

Making exaggeratedly happy noises as he ate, he played up his enjoyment, which lit up the faces of Meesam, Maira, and Maahir. They gleamed with pride over their culinary contribution, watching him savor each bite.

Meerab rolled her eyes at his antics but smiled nonetheless, indulging in her own slice while the kids chattered excitedly about their roles in the baking process.

"I think I saw a card too," Murtasim hinted as they began to clean up, him and Meerab using wet wipes to clean all the little hands and faces.

"We made you one!" Maira exclaimed, her grin wide as she scampered off the bed.

She dashed to the sofa to retrieve the card, her movements eager and clumsy.

He chuckled softly, watching the sibling teamwork in action. Maahir didn't take the card from his sister when she struggled to climb back onto the bed; instead, he got down and helped his sister climb back onto the bed with it, boosting her little legs up before hopping up himself.

Meesam, nestled cozily by his side, giggled at their antics.

"We drew wions!" Maahir declared proudly as Maira handed Murtasim the card.

The card was massive, sprinkled with glitter, and adorned with drawings of five lions—two larger ones for him and Meerab, a medium-sized one for Meesam, and two smaller ones for the twins. The words "Happy Birthday" were scrawled across the top in Meerab's handwriting.

His heart swelled with warmth and affection as he took in the artwork, knowing the joy and laughter that must have filled the room as they created it. "I love it, thank you," he told them sincerely, his voice thick with emotion. "I'm going to frame this and put it in my office," he said, smiling when the twins clapped in reaction.

Murtasim watched the excitement bubble over as Meesam finally handed him the box she'd been guarding. "What is it? Should I shake it?" he teased, a playful glint in his eye.

"NO!" Meesam gasped, her eyes wide with concern.

"I am joking, Mee-Mee," he reassured her with a chuckle, pressing a kiss onto her forehead before carefully unwrapping the present. The wrapping job was clearly Meesam's handiwork, all enthusiasm and tape.

His eyes widened as he lifted the lid to reveal a telltale green box. He glanced at Meerab with a questioning look.

She laughed, "I showed her a bunch, and she somehow picked the most expensive one without knowing anything about the brand."

Grinning smugly, Murtasim noted his daughter's excellent taste. "Open it!" Meesam urged, practically bouncing with excitement.

He did, revealing a luxurious two-tone gold and silver Rolex with diamonds. "I love it," he exclaimed, strapping it on. "It's now my second favorite from all the watches I own." He said, the first one being Meerab's muh dikhai present for him.

He scooped Meesam into a hug, peppering her cheek with kisses. "Thank you, Mee-Mee, you picked the perfect one."

Meesam beamed with pride.

Murtasim turned to Meerab, mouthing a thank you that made her smile warmly.

"Ouw tuwn! Ouw tuwn!" the twins chimed in, their voices a melody of excitement.

Meerab handed them a gold envelope. "Ammi no wet uw bwing it inwide!" Maahir pouted at the fact that Meerab didn't let them bring the present inside.

"Too big," Maira added, her little brow furrowed.

Curious, Murtasim opened the envelope, a nostalgic chuckle escaping him as he remembered handing Meerab a similar red one for her muh dikhai. Inside, he found a picture of a tent and a telescope set up on their terrace.

"To wee the staws!" Maira explained, wiggling with excitement.

"It wee vewy faw abbu!" Maahir added, his grin infectious.

"A camping tent and a telescope for star watching that sees very far with my favorite Maira-Bug and Bubba? I love it!" Murtasim exclaimed, his heart swelling. Both Maira and Maahir adored stars, their room ceiling plastered with glow-in-the-dark constellations.

They beamed at his reaction. Everything about this moment, from the handmade card to the thoughtful gifts, was perfect. Murtasim cherished it all deeply. His desks were already lined with their cards and drawings, and he wore and used their gifts as often as possible.

He hugged all three of them extra tight, affirming his love for everything they did for him. "I love it all," he told them, his voice thick with emotion, surrounded by the pure love of his family.

"Abbu! What do you want to do today?" Meesam asked.

"Hmm, I don't know," Murtasim replied, feigning indecision.

"But it's your birthday, you have to pick!" Meesam insisted, her brow furrowed in earnest.

"Hmmm, how about we go to the beach?" he suggested, watching their faces light up with joy. "And we can build a huge sand castle."

The twins wiggled in excitement, clearly thrilled with the idea.

"And buwy you in the sand?" Maahir's voice was hopeful, his eyes gleaming with the prospect of mischief.

"And bury me in the sand," Murtasim confirmed with a laugh, knowing full well that it meant being trapped while they tickled him mercilessly—a fun retaliation for all the times he tickled them.

"And then we can ask Rifat Bi to make pasta for lunch—" He paused, chuckling as Meesam squealed with delight. Pasta was indeed her favorite.

"And then everyone will come over and we'll have a party?" he continued.

"Sounds like a plan," Meerab said with a warm smile. "But to make it happen, all of you need to go to your rooms. I want you to pick up your swimsuits and clothes, and then Rifat Bi and Salma Bi are going to help you shower," she directed them.

"Okay!" Meesam jumped off the bed enthusiastically. "Race you to the rooms!" She darted out the door, with Maira and Maahir quick on her heels.

"WE HAVE WITTWE WEGS!" Maira's voice echoed down the hall, her complaint about her shorter strides humorous yet earnest.

"BE CAREFUL AROUND THE STAIRS!" Meerab's maternal call followed the children, her voice laced with concern.

He watched Meerab with a playful gleam in his eyes and teased, "And where's your present for me, meri jaan?"

"I gave birth to three little humans who gave you presents," she teased.

He chuckled, "Best present ever, those three."

Her grin widened, and she straddled him in the bed, her hands cupping his face gently.

Leaning in, she kissed him softly, "Happy Birthday, Murtasim, I love you," she whispered, her breath warm against his lips.

"I love you too," he grinned back at her.

"We should get ready too, we have an action-packed day." She started to rise from the bed.

"It's to tire them out," he beamed, his plan clearly making her laugh.

"I know, you have a one-track mind," she teased, playfully whacking his arm.

"What can I do when you walk around in these shorts with my shirt looking all kinds of sexy?" He pouted, drawing her back down to him.

She chuckled and kissed him again, her laughter filling the room before trying to get up once more.

"Noooo." He whined, pulling her back down. "The birthday boy wants you to stay right here," he said, his eyes locked with hers, playful yet earnest.

"Boy? Don't you mean old man?" she teased, a sparkle of mischief in her eyes.

He gasped in mock offense and tackled her to the bed, tickling her mercilessly as she let out loud shrieks of laughter.

Their laughter was soon interrupted by the sound of little feet padding towards the room. "HEY NO TICKLE FIGHTS WITHOUT US!" Meesam yelled as she burst into the room.

"I WAVE YOU AMMI!" Maahir declared as he jumped onto the bed to 'save' his mother, beginning to tickle his father in earnest.

Maira wasn't far behind, the smallest yet most fierce, joining the fray with a battle cry that only a toddler could muster.

The tickle fight naturally evolved into a pillow fight, laughter echoing through the room. Plans to head to the beach were momentarily forgotten in the chaos of feathers and giggles.

Murtasim smiled broadly, overwhelmed with contentment. It was the best birthday morning he could have ever imagined.

"Can we take Meesambakri, Mairabakri, and Maahirbakri to the beach too?" Meesam inquired hopefully once the laughter had subsided a bit.

Meerab groaned, "No, baby, the sand gets everywhere in their fur, we can play with them when we come back."

Meesam pouted, her lower lip jutting out. "Uncle Areeb lets us," she argued, hoping to sway her mother with the precedent set by one of her many indulgent uncles.

Murtasim snorted with laughter.

Areeb was notoriously soft when it came to the kids, and even Rumi, who maintained her façade of sternness, fell victim to their charms.

------------------------------------

A/N: Sooooooo, what do you think? What was your favourite part? The last chapter will be posted next, we'll jump 50 years ahead and meet Meerab and Murtasim at 80, 83!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro