13| what's the beef?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The weekend passed by real quick and now it was the start of yet another week; new lessons, projects and assignments awaits you. Currently, you were walking through the corridors with books in hand to reach your next class, math.

Entering the class, you spotted Jungkook already settled on his seat, alone as usual. Thinking about your last encounter with him, you grimaced.

After Uncle Choi assured you that he will take care of the damage and not to worry about it, Jungkook dropped you off. You tried denying his offer to drop you home but since he insisted and it was dark already, you agreed. Reaching home, Yoongi didn't ask you any questions; which you were glad of but that meant Azalea must have done a great job in covering you up. She hasn't showed up to uni today as she had a dentist appointment but you've mentally noted to visit and hug the life out of her.

You proceeded to walk towards Jungkook and greet him. "Hey."

Hearing your voice, he snapped his head up from his textbook. "Oh, hi."

You gave him a small smile. "Uh I wanted to ask if the store has been repaired...?"

"Yeah don't worry about it, it was just a minor crack, it's repaired." You sighed in relief.

"What about the car?"

"Well we didn't notice but there was a crack on the left headlight, so we had to replace that as well." You hissed.

"Will I have to pay?"

"No silly. Uncle Choi already said you not to worry about it, so chill." You hummed.

"Okay then, I will get going." Before you could walk away, you heard him call out for you.

"Yes?" You questioned.

"Uh w-would you like to sit here...with me?" You raised your eyebrows, amused.

"Yeah sure, are you okay with it?"

"I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't comfortable." He deadpanned.

Just when you thought he was being sweet. You rolled your eyes and sat next to him. Placing your materials down, you glanced at him and noticed he was studying.....chemistry?

"Eh Jungkook?" He looked at you and raised his brows.

"Um chemistry is next, now it's math." You pointed towards his textbook.

He lowered his eyelids. "I know, Aera."

"Okayyy." You put your hands up in surrender and decided to shut the fuck up. He snickered but you paid no attention.

"We have a surprise test in chem, so revising for that."

"What?" You eyes widened slightly.

"You don't remember Mr.Choi saying about it?"

"I do but he said he's gonna give us a heads up, didn't he?"

"Yeah well, his heads up was anytime this week. It might be today as well." You groaned.

"Ugh. I didn't revise and I don't even have the textbook now." You pouted.

"It's fine. You can use mine, I'm done anyway." Your eyes sparkled.

"Really? Thankyou." You snatched the book from him and started revising.

"Yeah no worries." He chuckled softly and shook his head at your behaviour.

"How many topics are there though?" You asked.

"Till where we stopped."

"The hell, that's 3 chapters you are talking about."

"Nice."

"Fuck me." You threw your head back and huffed.

"Now that offer got over long back, Aera. Sorry not sorry." You scowled and slapped his arm.

"Just go away."

"You're sitting at my place, not me." He raised his left brow.

"Fine, I'll go." You attempted to stand up but he caught your wrist.

"Chill, I'm kidding." He giggled, making you roll your eyes and sit back down.

After 20 minutes of revising and asking a few things you didn't understand to Jungkook, your math professor came in and started with the lesson.

Now you were walking towards your locker to retrieve your Chemistry books while Jungkook does the same so you both could walk together to the next class. You decided to stand near your locker and wait for him.

"Hey." You looked up from your phone to see someone familiar.

"Hi...Baekhyun, right?" You squinted your eyes.

"Yes, and you are Aera." He smiled.

"Who else." You grinned. "So, what brings you here?"

"Oh um I noticed you were alone so I thought we could walk together to the chem class. If you want to." He quickly added the last part.

You pursed your lips and glanced around and then at your watch to see you still had 10 minutes before the bell chimes again. "Are you waiting for someone?"

"Uh yeah, I'm waiting for Jung-"

"Aera?"

You snapped your head to the right to see Yoongi standing with Jungkook beside him. You saw Yoongi glaring, not at you but at the person standing beside you, who so happens to be Baekhyun. You noticed Yoongi clenching his jaw and his already tightened fists, almost as if he was at the verge of punching someone. Jungkook must have noticed it as well because he then gazed at you questioningly to which you shook your head as even you didn't know what was happening.

"Yoongs?" Upon hearing his name being called, he looked at you and his eyes immediately softened from the sharp, cold gaze he held a few minutes ago.

"Who is he?" He gestured towards Baekhyun.

Before you could introduce them to each other, Baekhyun himself stepped forward. "I'm Byun Baekhyun. It's nice to finally meet you hyung, I've heard a lot about you."

Yoongi's glare returned and he looked at Baekhyun's extended hand before shaking it. "Nice to meet you too."

"I'm Aera's classmate. I didn't know she was your sister." He emphasized on the last words.

"Why, is there any problem?" Yoongi asked coldly.

"Absolutely not. It's just that you have never mentioned it before."

"Never felt like it." The tension in the air was so thick you could feel it tickling your skin, ready to pierce any moment. Yoongi was fuming; the reason was unknown. It was clear there was some sort of beef between those two and before the bomb explodes, you decided to step in.

"Uh the class will start in five minutes and we have a test, so let's get going." You gestured Jungkook with your head.

"Wait a minute Aera, I wanna talk to you." Yoongi stated.

"Uh okay."

"I better get going, see you in class Aera." You nodded at him but failed to see the smirk he delivered towards Yoongi before leaving, however Jungkook did notice it and his brows furrowed at Baekhyun's smug look.

"I have to go for the project work to Jin's house. Since Lea is absent today, Jungkook will drop you off, no need to take the bus alone."

"Uh no Yoongs, I have to meet Lea."

"Oh that's okay, Jungkook will drop you to her house." You nodded.

Yoongi then turned around. "Meet me on the track." He mumbled to Jungkook making sure you couldn't hear, before walking away.

"What did he say?" You asked him as you both proceeded to walk to the class.

"To drop you off in one piece."

✡ ✡ ✡ ✦ ✡ ✡ ✡

After Jungkook dropped you off, he drove to the stadium where he is supposed to meet your brother. He parked his car on the usual spot and jogged in the practice area.

Yoongi was sitting on the sidetrack; deep in thoughts and a cigarette placed in between his lips, inhaling and exhaling small puffs of smoke. Upon noticing Jungkook walking towards him, he disposed the white stick.

"Dropped her off safely?" Yoongi questioned Jungkook as soon as he settled beside him.

"Yup, safe and sound."

"Thanks."

"No worries. When are you planning to say her about this though?" Jungkook pointed towards the arena.

"Soon. Just not now." The latter nodded.

There was a moment of silence before Jungkook spoke again,

"So, is there something I have to know about him?"

Yoongi chuckled. "You know me too well, kid."

"It's been 4 years hyung."

Yoongi rubbed his hands together. "Well then buckle up, you're in for a long drive."

-×-

A/N: School starts in a month and I haven't done even a single assignment yet alone did anything useful TT

Any idea on what's the beef between Yoongs and Baek? 👀

My Anpanmans :')

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro