17| give me my cookies, now

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The sun was at the top, glaring at the city of Seoul with shades of yellow and orange outlining the blue sky. Birds were chirping and in the distance, sounds of vehicles could be heard. It was a very warm afternoon, the type to sooth and calm your nerves. A warm cup of coffee would have sufficed. Yet here you were, fingers curled up and brain a mess due to nervousness.

Currently, you were seated in the Jeon Mansion beside Jungkook, who was playing video games and munching on some chocolate chip cookies kept on the tea table, while his mother was in the kitchen; which is an open kitchen right behind you, preparing lunch. You insisted on helping her but she politely declined and asked you to rest. You couldn't do anything other than meekly obey her and settle yourself onto the couch.

When Jungkook's mother, Jeon Ina, found you two near the car shop, the first question she asked was the typical question a mother would ask if his son brings over a girl,

"Is she perhaps your girlfriend, kookie?" In any other situation, you would've laughed at the hilarious nickname but instead, your eyes widened and cheeks flushed at her question.

The said boy's cheeks got coated in pink as well, but he still managed to stutter out a 'no' and laugh nervously. In the midst of all this, you felt like running away but your feet stayed glued to the ground.

After a little explanation from Kookie as to why you were here (ofcourse he said it was for a chemistry project and he was just showing you around), Mrs. Jeon immediately invited you inside, considering it was already lunch time. You never went inside Jungkook's house, always admired it from the outside. It was a simple yet an elegant house with two floors and a swimming pool beside it.

So when you entered the house, your breath got caught in your throat. Damn.

Anyone would assume it's a house with a normal interior but the inside was the epitome of gorgeous. You always knew Jungkook was a rich guy considering the fact that he owns a car shop, but you still couldn't help from being stunned.

Now you were fidgeting with your fingers while the guy beside you didn't have a single care in the world, completely opposite to the behaviour he showed a few moments prior.

"Psst." You tried grabbing Jungkook's attention but the latter was lost in his own world of Counter Strike, which annoyed you.

"Jungkook!" You whisper yelled trying your best not to grab Mrs. Jeon's attention who was clearly enjoying her time while humming a tune.

The boy still did not move and instead, extended his hand to grab a cookie but you snatched the plate and placed it on your lap. He did some gibberish actions to grab the cookie but after a while when he couldn't find anything, his brows furrowed and he finally moved his gaze away from the tv to look down.

"Aera did you-" He turned his head towards you in order to ask where the cookies were, but was met with an glare and the plate on your lap.

"Pass me the cookies, Aera." You raised your left brow at his commanding tone and placed the plate down at the edge of the couch, away from his reach.

"No." You crossed your arms and held your chin up high.

"What the heck?! What's your problem?" He hissed at you.

"What's my problem? I've been calling your name from the past 5 minutes but you're so fucking immersed in your stupid game!" You scowled and tried your best not to yell at him.

He sighed. "You're so annoying. What do you want?"

"Why didn't you say me your mum was gonna come visit us?"

"Even I didn't know Aera. I guess her shift got over early today." He shrugged.

You pouted and sank furthur into the couch.

"Why do you look so anxious?"

"N-No, I'm just bored." You cursed internally for stuttering.

He chuckled. "Chill Aera, she's just my mom. She ain't gonna kill you."

"But still!" You huffed.

You got startled when someone's phone started ringing. The noise was coming from upstairs.

"Oh, that's my phone. I'll come back in a bit children!" Mrs. Jeon wiped her hands with a towel and rushed upstairs to the device.

When the sound of a door shutting was heard, Jungkook once again turned to you. "Okay now, give me back the cookies."

"No, I'm bored, talk to me."

"What?! What do you want me to talk about?" Jungkook was getting annoyed.

"Uh anything." You shrugged.

"First give me the cookies, only then."

"You think I'm an idiot? First switch off your PlayStation, only then."

"Aera. Give me my cookies. Now." His voice was threatening but you just stuck your tongue out at him, infuriating him even more.

"Noppity Boppity Nope." You shook your head from side to side with a teasing grin on your face.

"Aera." His tone dropped an octave lower and he lowered his lids. A shiver ran down your spine and you gulped, but you still didn't back down.

"Jungkook." You tried to mimic his voice and then giggled at your silliness.

"Fine. You asked for this." You let out a squeak when he lunged at you but due to your quick reflexes, you immediately moved away causing him to land on his face on the couch, before grabbing the plate of cookies and running for your dear life.

You ran behind the kitchen counter and stood there giggling at Jungkook. He lifted his head up and gave you the most deadliest glare ever but you stuck your tongue out at him and lifted the cookies in the air, mocking him.

"Yah!!" He lifted himself off the couch and sprinted towards you. Letting out a yelp, you rounded the counter and went behind the couch. Now he was at the spot you were previously at while you were near the couch. The entire time you couldn't stop laughing at his pissed expression. He again ran towards you but before you could sprint away, he pointed behind you.

"Oh, Mom." Widening your eyes, you looked behind to see no one. Frowning, you looked at him but before you could react, he caught your wrist.

You gasped. "Cheater!"

"Everything is fair in love & war~" He gave you a cheshire grin. You tried tugging your arm away from his grasp as well as keep the plate high in the air as if he ain't taller than you.

You kept bending down while he kept towering over you. He suddenly wrapped his arm around your waist to keep you steady but you weren't having it. You still kept bending backwards resulting you in losing your balance and fall. As cliché as it sounds, you caught Jungkook's shirt to stop yourself from falling but he too lost his balance and well, fell on top of you.

"Oof!" You placed your left hand on his chest while your right hand was holding the plate in the air. You grunted due to the impact but the world around you instantly stopped when you locked eyes with Jungkook's, who was already staring at you.

Now that you were fully aware of the position, your cheeks flushed. You could feel the idiotic butterflies going haywire in your stomach. His entire body was pressed to your curves while his face was only a few inches away. He had both his hands on each side of your face to stop him from connecting your faces. His mesmerising and deep brown orbs were sparkling while gazing at you with such intensity, you felt a shiver run down your spine. You're sure you looked like a tomato at this point.

Jungkook's eyes unconsciously drifted down to your luscious plump lips making him want to feel the softness of it, and he gulped. There's no doubt he was attracted to you in some way but he wouldn't admit it. He liked the way you were so fiesty but at the same time so gullible and shy making his heart skip a beat. His eyes then travelled down to your rosy cheeks to which he bit down on his lip to stop himself from smiling at your cuteness. He too could feel the heat rush on his face but he couldn't care any less, he was enjoying the view that was currently below him.

A loud ting from your phone snapped you both back to the reality.

"Uh.." With a flushed face, Jungkook immediately pushed himself off of you and helped you stand up as well.

You both frantically looked around trying to cease the awkwardness. He scratched the back of his neck while you fiddled with your fingers, suddenly feeling hot. Another ting from your phone got your attention and you went to grab your phone to see a new message from Azalea.

'Bitchass😘: Shopping for fresher's party dress will be tomo after uni at 4.'

You frowned. Fresher's party wasn't until Friday but you decided to talk to her tomorrow before replying with an okay.

Just in time, the door to Mrs. Jeon's you assume bedroom opened and she stepped down before heading into the kitchen. You noticed Jungkook had resumed playing on the tv again with a cookie in his hand. You sighed, defeated.
Still standing, you took a look around the house and your eyes landed on a set of photo frames neatly hung on the wall. You curiously walked towards the frames and stood before it. The pictures were undoubtedly old, considering the fact that you could spot a very young Jungkook playing with sand, smiling widely towards the camera while Mrs. Jeon and a man you assume Mr. Jeon sat beside their son.

Your eyes kept drifting to all the pictures and you found yourself smiling at how cute Jungkook was as a kid. Mrs. Jeon looked the same as she is right now, just a few wrinkles were present on the side of her eyes. Mr. Jeon looked exactly like Jungkook but a little older and you're sure Jungkook got his smile and eyes from his father. You wonder where he was right now.

"That's Jungkook's father, Jeon Jungwoo." You turned around upon hearing Mrs. Jeon and saw her standing a few metres away from you, gazing at the pictures and smiling.

"Ah yeah, I assumed." You slightly smiled and looked down. You wanted to know where her husband was but tried not to pry.

As if reading your mind, she spoke. "He passed away 8 years ago in a car accident."

You snapped your head up at her, your throat suddenly dry. You looked behind her to see Jungkook gazing at you with a hint of sadness laced in his eyes. You again turned to look at Mrs. Jeon and blinked.

"Uh I-I'm really sorry for your loss, Mrs. Jeon." You bowed a little.

"Ah, it's okay, it was long back." She came forward and gently took your hands in hers before squeezing them reassuringly.

"Besides, Mrs. Jeon? How about you call me mom?" You looked at her with wide eyes and mouth agape.

"MOM!" Jungkook groaned from behind making her chuckle.

"Oops. I guess it is a bit too early for that, isn't it?" She let out sheepishly and you could feel your cheeks burn the hundredth time this day.

"Anyways, lunch's ready!" With that, she started dragging you away.

-×-

A/N: Sorry for not updating last week people, was busy celebrating eid hehe. Also, sorry if the chapters seem boring, I'm trying to get Jk and Aera close cause after the trip, the chapters will contain more mystery/action and less fluff. So enjoy the romcom before the real game starts!💕

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro