4. CHAPTER: Starting off with a Girls Night

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The ship was supposed to depart at 6pm. That meant we had about 4 hours to go until then. All of us desperately wanted to explore the ship, that was so huge that I was sure we would get lost every time we left our cabins, but we were tired as well. Moreover, we had to unpack and get comfortable in our rooms so we decided to postpone the exploration to the next day that we would be spending at sea. Only the day after tomorrow we would arrive at our first stop.

That's how it came that Mabel, Dipper and I took our time unpacking and settling down. We had a little fight over who would sleep on the twin bed and who was to sleep on the couch that could be extended. I lost. Meant, I would have to sleep on the sofa while the twins were sharing the huge bed.

At first I was angry but after we figured out how to extend the couch I suddenly realized I was the luckiest of us all. The twins and their grunckles would both have to SHARE their beds with someone while I had an almost as huge one on my very own!

After that Dipper left to sit on the balcony and continue reading his mystery novel while Mabel and I decided to celebrate our first Girls Night, aka, slumber party. Though it was a little early – it was nearly 5pm and the ship hadn't even departed yet – we decided that slumber parties could be celebrated at every hour of the day.

We made sure the door to the gruncles' room as well as the one that lead to the balcony with Dipper were closed and locked before we got on our sleep wear and sat on the twin bed. I also made sure that Bill, who spent the last three hours relaxing on the bed and needlessly commenting every single of our moves was gone before I gave the signal that the party could begin.

I had no clue where he'd gone and I couldn't care less this time. Probably checking out the other passengers and the crew, all the forbidden areas like the machine rooms, the bridge and the other people's cabins. Well, he wouldn't let the ship sink when we hadn't even departure yet, would he? I couldn't tell it for sure but I still was pretty certain about it this time.

I firmly shook my head and told myself to forget Bill for once and concentrate on having fun with my best friend.

The evening was very nice. We sat on the bed, ate tons of potato chips and crackers and marshmallows and whatever else we brought. Mabel told me stories about her last three boyfriends that she had since we met last summer, who were all different.

The first one was too shy for her – he didn't dare to kiss her after three months of dating, the second was too arrogant and self-centred – the only thing he wanted to talk about was himself and his more or less impressive muscles so Mabel broke up with him after only two weeks. And the most recent was the opposite of the first, he kissed her on their first date and after only one week he asked her to sleep with him, that's when she had enough.

Now she was solo again and dreamed of a vacation romance. She thought the ship was "absolutely romantic" and "the perfect scenery for a love story" and of course she dreamed of a romance like in one of her favourite movies, the "Titanic". Only with a happy ending, of course.

There were lots of things I could have said about that but she didn't ask. Like, how likely it actually was for this ship to end up like the Titanic – only with less love and more death and blood, or other things like that. I kept my mouth shut because of two reasons. First, I didn't want to ruin the good mood and the fun and second, I didn't want the twins to ever find out about Bill being here, or living with me for the last half year. If that ever happened, things would end up in a catastrophe, I knew it.

The last time the twins saw Bill was when we were at Gravity Falls for the first time. They had no clue about how he stalked me every summer since then. How he tried to trick me into several deals, how he appeared in my dreams and nightmares. How he even followed me when I was at home.

He was always there, in my mind, in my dreams and no one knew about it. And then the day came that led to that deal. The deal that was the reason for him to be here now. The deal that sealed my fate to be haunted by him. Forever.

He basically tricked me into it like he always did with everyone. I asked him to finally stop causing me nightmares and he agreed. Bill told me that he wants something else in return but not telling me what until I had shaken hands with him. Being desperate and tired of him I agreed – what had turned out to be a big mistake. It turned out that he indeed left alone my dreams since then but the quid pro quo he wanted was, that I would let him live with me in the real world. Since then he was always there, giving needless commentary or having fun about me feeling bad.

At first it was the living hell for me but after a few months I started to get used to him. While he used to appear in his triangular form before the deal he suddenly started sometimes looking humanoid after it. At first he did appear once triangular, once humanoid but after a few weeks he gave up his triangle appearance and started being only humanoid for me. That was when he started flirting with me as well.

His favourite thing to do appeared to be annoying me. He did it all the time. In school during a test and at home when I finally wanted to relax and watch my favourite show on TV. He started appearing in front of other humans as well sometimes, only to annoy me. Like for example flirting with other girls in front of me. Not, that I started getting JEALOUS or anything when I saw him with other females. It was just, well, a strange feeling that I didn't knew before.

When Mabel asked me about MY love life, I didn't know what to say. "Well, I did kiss once, but it was unwilling and with a demon named Bill Cipher who is also haunting my life" would be an option, but I decided not to say that. It would be way too many private and also classified information at once.

I would not tell anyone about how Bill once kissed me – against my will of course – when I was trying to get this memory out of my own mind at the same time. And, as much as it shames me to admit, but that kiss was the only physical contact I EVER had with a boy. If a dream demon even counts as a boy.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro